Report: David Irving Has Evidence That Could Clear Him of Suspension

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Team-Suspension-Details.png

That can't be accurate. McClain and Gregory have missed more than 24 games by themselves.What year did this run through? The one I looked at bloggingtheboys was 2014-2016.

Reaction score
That can't be accurate. McClain and Gregory have missed more than 24 games by themselves.What year did this run through? The one I looked at bloggingtheboys was 2014-2016.

It's not accurate. We have 100 games lost due to suspension since 2014, most in the league, 47 more than the next team behind us. We have third most in the league since 2002.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It's not accurate. We have 100 games lost due to suspension since 2014, most in the league, 47 more than the next team behind us. We have third most in the league since 2002.

Since 2014 there's been more than 100? That seems steep. Even counting all 16 games next year, Gregory accounts for 30. McClain was suspended just a few games last year, DeMarcus Lawrence four. Remember, for the rest of 2016 McClain was on the "did not report list"; if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe there's more than 50, but besides these three I'm having a hard time figuring out who was suspended to get us over 100. I'm not calling you a liar, maybe I'm just forgetting somebody.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That one didn't look accurate. They had a weird way of counting. Daryl Washington with the Cards has missed 3 years yet the Cards number was 21.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Since 2014 there's been more than 100? That seems steep. Even counting all 16 games next year, Gregory accounts for 30. McClain was suspended just a few games last year, DeMarcus Lawrence four. Remember, for the rest of 2016 McClain was on the "did not report list"; if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe there's more than 50, but besides these three I'm having a hard time figuring out who was suspended to get us over 100. I'm not calling you a liar, maybe I'm just forgetting somebody.
They were counting guys that won't ever suit up in an nfl game. Jakar Hamilton, Dill & the WR Evans in camp. Irvings already counting. It looked like someone went out of their way to count it. Doubt they did that with evey team, especially seeing the Cards number.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
They were counting guys that won't ever suit up in an nfl game. Jakar Hamilton, Dill & the WR Evans in camp. Irvings already counting. It looked like someone went out of their way to count it. Doubt they did that with evey team, especially seeing the Cards number.

Thanks, it makes sense now. Still, Gregory, McClain, and Brent make up the vast majority; so it's hard to say the Cowboys have more problems with suspensions than any other team. The Browns' number must be huge by now, too, since Josh Gordon has now missed what, at least 32 games.

conner01

Reaction score

It does seem impossible to have 100 in three seasons

gimmesix

Reaction score

I believe the one I saw did that for every team, so the 100 is accurate. I don't know what the Cardinals' numbers were on that chart, though. It's not the same as the one fuzzy posted, and again only covered 2014-16.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Can he challenge just ahead of week 1, play vs NYG opening week while his appeal is reviewed, then rescind the challenge after the game and miss the next 4 (at Broncos, at Cardinals, Rams, Packers)? We have the bye week 6.

Honestly, I don't think our first 4 are super tough and we could go 3-1 or better with or without Irving. Maybe it's best we get him back for the Packers in week 5, but it seems likely he'll be brought back slowly and have limited snaps for that game.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I believe the one I saw did that for every team, so the 100 is accurate. I don't know what the Cardinals' numbers were on that chart, though. It's not the same as the one fuzzy posted, and again only covered 2014-16.
The Cardinals on the same guys chart was 21, yet Daryl Washington alone missed three years. So it does not look like he did the same for every team.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The Cardinals on the same guys chart was 21, yet Daryl Washington alone missed three years. So it does not look like he did the same for every team.

OK. I didn't go back and look at it. So it would appear that neither of the charts are that useful in comparing suspensions by team. The 100 for us is laid out, so it is accurate, although counting starters and contributors only comes out more like 88 games. That would certainly seem like a lot, but Gregory and McClain account for 60 games of that total. Teams with those kind of suspensions are going to end up at the top of the charts.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

It was from 2015 and those 2 suspensions barely move us up the list.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cutting straight to the chase here...when was the last time that a Cowboy player won a significant appeal?
Didn't Hardy go from 10 to 4 just 2 years ago?

Greg Hardy suspension reduced to four games
  • _Hanzus_2-65x90.jpg
  • By Dan Hanzus
  • End Around Writer
  • Published: July 10, 2015 at 02:28 p.m.
  • Updated: July 11, 2015 at 11:07 a.m.
Greg Hardy will make his debut for the Dallas Cowboys sooner than expected.

Arbitrator Harold Henderson has upheld Hardy's suspension for conduct detrimental to the league, but has reduced the ban from 10 to four games, the NFL announced on Friday. Hardy was suspended in April for his role in a 2014 domestic violence incident.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500985/article/greg-hardy-suspension-reduced-to-four-games

CCBoy

Reaction score
Didn't Hardy go from 10 to 4 just 2 years ago?

Greg Hardy suspension reduced to four games
  • _Hanzus_2-65x90.jpg
  • By Dan Hanzus
  • End Around Writer
  • Published: July 10, 2015 at 02:28 p.m.
  • Updated: July 11, 2015 at 11:07 a.m.
Greg Hardy will make his debut for the Dallas Cowboys sooner than expected.

Arbitrator Harold Henderson has upheld Hardy's suspension for conduct detrimental to the league, but has reduced the ban from 10 to four games, the NFL announced on Friday. Hardy was suspended in April for his role in a 2014 domestic violence incident.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500985/article/greg-hardy-suspension-reduced-to-four-games

Yes, but he still got his four games...for Cowboys, they haven't skated yet. Exoneration and a Cowboy?