Report: DeVonta Smith measured 6 feet, 166 pounds at Indianapolis medical check

timb2

Reaction score
Marquise Brown now weighs 180 lbs and what is one of the Ravens draft needs? A big WR .

timb2

Reaction score
Devonta will be a slot WR and usually Slot WRs don't get picked in the 1st round.

So all you frustrated Leprachauns mad at the world because you could'nt ride all the rides at the fair as a child. Life's a @#$%&

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Marquise Brown now weighs 180 lbs and what is one of the Ravens draft needs? A big WR .
Because they have 1 starting caliber WR

Brown was the only WR on their roster to catch more than 35 passes

visionary

Reaction score
And then you look at tape of Smith taking Horn to the woodshed and you realize that Horn is not worth a top 10 pick

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Would not touch anyone under 185lbs... I just don’t understand. It’s football not croquet. He should be downing cheeseburgers

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Marvin Harrison was listed at 180 or so, but I doubt seriously he was that big.

I think Harrison was actually listed at 185.. which is already 20 pounds heavier than Smith. Even if they fudged him up from 180 it's still 15 pounds on a similar frame. He was also a little faster.. I think.. But he was a wiry guy so it's a good comp. Smith may eventually fill out to 180+ but he's going to have to go to work on his top end speed. 4.48 at a pro day is like 4.6 at the combine..

Aven8

Reaction score
166lbs that dominated the SEC and was college footballs best player. He could have gone for 400 in the title game. They pulled off before the half and he had over 200 yards. Kid is a stud

Mr_437

Reaction score
Can he play?
Did he win the Heisman?
Is he going in the 1st round?

If you answered yes to any of these questions it doesn't matter how much dude's weight is.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Zaven Collins has gained 11lbs since his pro day. He’s up to 270 now.
Concerning... I like dude's skill set, but if he gonna be dealing with weight issues Cowboys should pass. 270 is clearly too big, and the quick weight gain in a matter of what? A month, is ridiculous.

Zaven Collins 6'4 270 is now one of the top edge rushers available lol.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...eet-166-pounds-at-indianapolis-medical-check/

At Alabama, wide receiver DeVonta Smith was listed at 6-foot-1 and 175 pounds. At the school’s Pro Day, Smith declined to be measured or weighed, but said his weight was 170. It turns out he’s a little smaller than that.

Albert Breer of SI.com reports that Smith was weighed and measured at the recent medical check for NFL prospects in Indianapolis, and Smith actually measured at just over 6 feet tall, and 166 pounds.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not a huge surprise, but it will be interesting to see if he slides below the 12-15 range.
I don't get it, this guy will be in a nfl weight program and could easily add 20 pounds for his height.
What's a more legit problem is his slow 40 time.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I believe Devonta will bust. Watching tape and that Alabama offense is such a machine and so well schemed, that all those wideouts have to do pretty much are get into their routes while the opposing teams secondary is stuck trying to process who to cover; and they’re on their way to becoming open. Then you add in his lack of girth and middling speed. I believe the same for Waddle. If you don’t produce in college, good chance that follows you into the NFL.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I believe Devonta will bust. Watching tape and that Alabama offense is such a machine and so well schemed, that all those wideouts have to do pretty much are get into their routes while the opposing teams secondary is stuck trying to process who to cover; and they’re on their way to becoming open. Then you add in his lack of girth and middling speed. I believe the same for Waddle. If you don’t produce in college, good chance that follows you into the NFL.
What up Bob... long time no see.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Smith vs CZ fav corner. Either Horn is overrated or Smith will be just fine.