Twitter: Report: Earl Thomas Says He Will Not Hold Out

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
Why would he? He's making 10 million a year.
Because those were the rumors like Duane Brown last season, Kam Chancellor the season before and why many thought we could get him for a cheap 3rd round pick.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
That has nothing to do with whether we can or will trade for him... If Schneider is not going to sign him long term— he will hold out and trade him for whatever draft capital he can pry from a team.

Holding out only hurts ET’s value as it makes him more unattractive as a player to a potential interested team. As long as we don’t get desperate— the price will come down during the draft when Schneider does not have any picks in rds 2 and 3

This move makes sense for ET and Dallas and I think it ends up getting done one way or another next week.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-carroll-on-earl-thomas-were-counting-on-him
Pete Carroll on Earl Thomas: 'We're counting on him'
  • By Chris Wesseling
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: April 19, 2018 at 07:32 p.m.
  • Updated: April 19, 2018 at 09:32 p.m
Don't expect the Seahawks to trade Earl Thomas during next week's NFL Draft.

That's the message from Seattle coach Pete Carroll, who appeared Thursday on KJR Seattle's Dave Softy Mahler Show.

Thomas' absence from the start of the team's offseason workout program has instigated a fresh round of trade speculation, specifically involving the All Pro safety's home-state Cowboys.

"He's a Seahawk," Carroll said. "I don't know what everyones talking about.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I for one would rather put this whole ET issue to bed, especially for any draft pick north of a 4th rounder. Hell, let just wait next season when he's a free agent and we have over $50M+ cap space.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I for one would rather put this whole ET issue to bed, especially for any draft pick north of a 4th rounder. Hell, let just wait next season when he's a free agent and we have over $50M+ cap space.

I'm tending to agree with you.

And see what you have in Xavier Woods too. I think he deserves a shot. They liked him enough to trade up to get him last year and I saw nothing on the field from him that would indicate that he can't handle it.

The only way to know what you do and don't have is to see it on the field.

Let the Seahawks keep Earl Thomas at the reported costs. He can waste a year of his career and risk injury playing in a complete rebuild, and Seattle can sit this draft out.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Earl the Pearl, makin da headlines, lovin da coin, nappin on the sidelines, avoiding full contact, playin it safe!!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Earl knows that the Seahawks will demand so much for him that any club with an lick of sense will pass on him and he'll just remain a Seahawk.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Rather trade up for Derwin. Everyone says it’s a business. You just fired your top wideout for likely young less expensive hungry kid out of college. Why would you trade and then sign a 30 year old to a huge contract when you can do the same thing with safety? Derwin is falling you jump and get him. Hopefully.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
They can use the franchise tag for two seasons if they can't agree to an extension. If they let him walk, all they'd get is a 3rd round comp pick.

I was hoping we could get him for pick #50, but I don't know if that'd be worth it for them considering they have him for the next three seasons.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm tending to agree with you.

And see what you have in Xavier Woods too. I think he deserves a shot. They liked him enough to trade up to get him last year and I saw nothing on the field from him that would indicate that he can't handle it.

The only way to know what you do and don't have is to see it on the field.

Let the Seahawks keep Earl Thomas at the reported costs. He can waste a year of his career and risk injury playing in a complete rebuild, and Seattle can sit this draft out.
I was one of the biggest supporters of bringing in Thomas, however, if we are going to go after a safety that hard, just trade up for Derwin if he falls.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was one of the biggest supporters of bringing in Thomas, however, if we are going to go after a safety that hard, just trade up for Derwin if he falls.

I'd be against trading up for James too.

You'd also be giving up a prime pick to do that.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
It'd cost 1st+2nd rounders to move up into the territory where the unproven James is gonna go.