Twitter: Report: Earl Thomas Says He Will Not Hold Out

erod

Reaction score
Earl knows that the Seahawks will demand so much for him that any club with an lick of sense will pass on him and he'll just remain a Seahawk.

And then he walks at the end of the year for nothing.

Seattle is in a real pickle here.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'd be against trading up for James too.

You'd also be giving up a prime pick to do that.
From what is being said, if he falls into the 10-15 range, it may cost us a third and a 2nd next year. I wouldn't gut our draft this year for him. But if hes there at 15-17 you take him.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
From what is being said, if he falls into the 10-15 range, it may cost us a third and a 2nd next year. I wouldn't gut our draft this year for him. But if hes there at 15-17 you take him.
If James did fall that far to #15 (unlikely), there's like a 2% chance a team would actually trade that pick for anything less than a kings ransom.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I don't want him honestly, we need to look towards the draft. A guy like Jessie Bates would be a nice option IMO.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

At that cost? I vote NO.

phildadon86

Reaction score
At that cost? I vote NO.
For a potential catalyst at safety we haven't had since Woodson? Have you seen our recent 2nd round picks anyways? To be honest I am hoping we don't trade any picks and next season our new coaching staff can have the luxury of building his team lol :)

Reaction score

No way we can get him for a 3rd, especially now

I think this is a message to teams that might trade for him, rather than him pledging some allegiance to Seattle. "Trade for me and I will play out my contract this year and not make waves"

John813

Reaction score
For a potential catalyst at safety we haven't had since Woodson? Have you seen our recent 2nd round picks anyways? To be honest I am hoping we don't trade any picks and next season our new coaching staff can have the luxury of building his team lol :)

Recently, they have been Jaylon Smith, Chido Awuzie, and Gregory.

2 out of the 3 are expected to play a big role next year. The third one book isn't finished yet, hopefully.

I get the hype over James, but we got to be sure he's legit to be tossing a 2nd around.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You had me at "new coaching staff!"
:laugh: