Report: HGH, other drugs were shipped to Peyton Manning's wife

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Al Jazeera?

No thank you.

I just watched the documentary and it seems legit. The guy that claims to have supplied a bunch of NFL players had an MLB player at his apartment waiting on him. This guy was caught on camera. Sly lives in Austin and said he spent 6 weeks in Green Bay hooking up a bunch of their players (25 or so).

Delta 2 is what he raves about. It isn't anywhere near as potent as most anabolic steroids. If you go to your local gym you'll find people there using it too.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
What I hate is how a person's reputation can be ruined just by an accusation. No matter what happens some will always think that he's guilty.

khiladi

Reaction score
I have a great disdain for PED users. But, I will say that as a neck pain sufferer for the past 15-years who has never suffered trauma anywhere near as close as Peyton did with his injury....if the HGH was for the neck I can really understand.

I've had neck pain and lower back pain. The difference with neck pain is you literally cannot lay down or do anything and not be in pain. And the pain will cause headaches and radiate to your arms. I would like to think (or hope) there would be better treatments than HGH, but I can understand why he did it (if he did it).

YR

This may be of personal interest to you.

http://www.drbookspan.com/NeckPainArticle.html

khiladi

Reaction score
Talk with any athlete that has competed in some form of professional sports, it's well accepted that PED use is probably the norm, not the exception.

And just as an aside, "PED" use has it's roots in ancient history. Warriors, for example, looked for an edge during training and before battle. There really is nothing new in the phenomenon and part of our view is tailored by the fact that we think we've reached some evolutionary peak in history, unknown to man before us.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
What I hate is how a person's reputation can be ruined just by an accusation. No matter what happens some will always think that he's guilty.

It seems odd that he would limit his concealment to using his wife's name. If he was really using you would think it would be mailed to a PO Box or corporate entity or picked up by a third party. Even use Eli's name at worst.

Al Jazeera is standing by their report but they are hedging saying they never reported he used HGH, only that it was mailed to his wife.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
so now the reporter is backtracking on Manning, emphasizing that she never accused him of anything, etc etc. But if you watch the video, and read the story, they are basically saying "these were for peyton" without actually saying those words.

Not a good look for Al Jazeera. They aren't trustworthy anyways. Step above RT, imo. They report news that caters to a certain audience (generally not American) and are desperate to get a better foothold in the United States to be seen as legit - i guess they figured stirring the pot here was a good way to do it.

revospeed

Reaction score
Why is HGH illegal for helping athletes recover from injuries? Isn't that what it's for? To help people get better? Why not just ban medication and surgeries as well? Can someone tell me the difference between that and using an artificial ACL?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Brady Quinn must not be very impressed with the testing protocols either.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/11/04/brady-quinn-hgh-use-responsible-injury-increase

I just don't care anymore.

If you educate yourself at all with what a human body can naturally achieve you can see the guys who are on it and who are not.

It's rampant in sports and that is what it takes for a lot of guys to get to this level.

As long as athletes get paid for success you will see them taking drugs.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
I just don't care anymore.

If you educate yourself at all with what a human body can naturally achieve you can see the guys who are on it and who are not.

It's rampant in sports and that is what it takes for a lot of guys to get to this level.

As long as athletes get paid for success you will see them taking drugs.

I don't care about the individuals who do it because in this environment they don't have much choice and I'm sure there are a lot of Cowboys doing the same thing, but over a long enough timeline it will get corrected. Certain types of injuries will become too rampant, and eventually they will develop tests that are tighter and more reliable.