Signed by Cowboys Report: Texas A&M’s Maurice Linguist hired to coach Cowboys secondary

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Open the check book Jerry. You got the advantage that the guy is already in TX and can stay rooted here, just pay the guy if your HC wants him.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
I’m thinking that if he is just going be an assistant DB’s coach or coach one of CB or S while paired up with another coach then he would probably have a good idea on who the other coach will be.

He would want to know who he’s paired with before taking the job.

Not sure why a name hasn’t come out yet but who knows that could happen tomorrow.

I would be surprised if he was given the whole secondary with no NFL experience.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm glad to see some young blood coming into the fold -- especially one with the experience that one so young has on his resume. A&M always seems to have some very capable DB coaches in their staff. Here's hoping he'll do for us what he's already done for the many colleges he's been with. Welcome!

Last edited:

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
No news except what's already been reported. Stan Drayton interviewed in Dallas on Friday and had visits with the Rams and Texans lined up. I guess he will make his decision after meeting with all three teams.

It's never a good sign when they leave the building.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I'm glad to see some young blood coming into the fold -- especially one with the experience that one so young has on his resume. A&M always seems to have some very capable DB coaches in their staff. Here's hoping he'll do for us what he's already done for the many colleges he's been with. Welcome!

he’s Richards replacement.

kid has zero NFL exp, so we just don’t know.

We are losing Richard. That’s a major blow.

Nolan replaces Marinelli. This is not an upgrade.

kid replaces Richard. unknown.

Had hopes the defense would make a huge step forward.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Take a closer look at the list. He worked his way up through bigger and better programs/conferences. I doubt it was the teams getting rid of him and more the case of better opportunities being offered to him.
Hopefully. I didn't pay too much attention to the schools

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

Losing Richard is not a major blow at all lol

And anyone is an upgrade over Rod

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

The secondary didn't look to me like Richard did anything worthy of acclaim. To me, he seems to have caused more dissention in the ranks than anything. We'll see what Nolan does, although some have had praise for him lately. I'll be remaining somewhat on a wait and see basis until the proof comes in. Even then, the early returns can often be misleading.

Last edited: