Reports: Russell Wilson’s contract the target for Dak Prescott, speculation Cowboys leaked the $40M

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
And the middle of 30 and 35 is 32.5 which is probably I would go if FO thinks he is a franchise qb.

tenor.gif

Bigdog

Reaction score
The point that Wilson makes 35 million which Dak reps supposedly want and Cowboys offered 30 million, 32.5 is in between and it 500,000 more than Wentz a year. So hopefully they can meet in the middle.

Swanny

Reaction score
If the Cowboys front office leaked a story (true or false) aimed at turning the fanbase against their QB then these guys are fools.

If this is true then we are in trouble.

you just don’t do that.
I don't think that's why they would leak the story. They leaked the story so when he signs for $35 mil per fans seem to think they got a good deal

aria

Reaction score
No way! Jane Slater just made up $40 million. It couldn't possibly have been a negotiating tactic by either side.

Safe to say a guy who turns down 30 isn't just looking for 31. As I said yesterday, the middle of 30 and 40 is 35.
You’re really not going out on a limb there.

JBond

Reaction score
Dak is a class act. The Cowboys shouldn’t lie about him.

He’s been the most underpaid player in the entire NFL the past 3 years. Pay him a $ million more than Wentz and call it a day already.
Prepare for six years of average QB play and no championships. Hope I am wrong. Team first. Not individuals.

lockster

Reaction score
What veteran qbs are out there we could sign besides that one that gets hurt every year. Forgot his name. I say we try to trade dak for as much as we can get, because 40 million kills our salary cap.

heir

Reaction score
Avg salary per year means nothing and contracts can be structured to have anything you want. Guaranteed money is what is the most important detail in a contract. You can average 40 mil a year but only have $20 mil guaranteed which the team can get out of in 2 years. This is just bad reporting and a lot of over reacting by people who don't have a full grasp of how contracts work. Without knowing exactly how the contract outlined there is no way to say if this was a good deal or not

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Of course the Cowboys leaked the 40 mil figure. Slater broke that and we know where her sources are.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Dak is a class act. The Cowboys shouldn’t lie about him.

He’s been the most underpaid player in the entire NFL the past 3 years. Pay him a $ million more than Wentz and call it a day already.

First of all he hasn’t been underpaid he’s been paid what the the labor union contractually agreed to. He’s been on his rookie contract which runs through the end of this coming season.

Secondly, I’m sure the Cowboys would sign him tomorrow for a million dollars more than Wentz if Dak would agree to it but apparently he wants more than that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Russel Wilson money?

Seems pricey for a guy with one Wildcard win, at least Russel is walking around with a ring.

I don’t know, might be tempted to let Dak play out the year and tag him if necessary.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Here's the difference, if Russell Wilson would have hit the open market, someone would have paid him as much, if not more than the Seahawks paid him.

If Dak hits the open market, I don't think anyone will pay him $35M per to come be their quarterback.

and I'm a Dak fan.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
If the Cowboys front office leaked a story (true or false) aimed at turning the fanbase against their QB then these guys are fools.

If this is true then we are in trouble.

you just don’t do that.

If it's true then it's music to my ears. It means they are souring on him and his ridiculous contract demands.

Just make him play out this season and if he's mad then tough bleep.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
It means they are souring on him and his ridiculous contract demands.
It does not.

What it would mean is they definitely want to pay him, but they want to do at it at a discount.

If they were "souring on him" they'd let him play out the year and test the market.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
It does not.

What it would mean is they definitely want to pay him, but they want to do at it at a discount.

If they were "souring on him" they'd let him play out the year and test the market.

Yes because they've said under no circumstances would he play under his current contract this year right?

Bigdog

Reaction score
Here's the difference, if Russell Wilson would have hit the open market, someone would have paid him as much, if not more than the Seahawks paid him.

If Dak hits the open market, I don't think anyone will pay him $35M per to come be their quarterback.

and I'm a Dak fan.
Agree and I really Dak but not at his asking price.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I heard that Dak wants $50 million/yr and lifetime use of a private jet and lifetime healthcare for his family..........