Request for an additional Zone

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off. let me say this site is far superior to the DC.com one a lot of us left. One of my favorite things is the participation in the non Fan Zone making this more fun and well-rounded.

I would like a Tailgate Zone for food and beverage threads when we can discuss and share recipes for anything falling into this category. Obviously, there would be a Bacon one. As well as a Secret Ingredient one where you've tweaked a dish with your own special twist that we could all try.

I think it would be nice to have one special place to go where we can share our experiences with food and beverage and get some new ideas. There are a lot of grillers and smokers here and that would be the starting place but not general, have different threads for the different foods like Burgers, Chicken, Steak, Brisket, Pork, etc.

Are there enough here that would participate or see some value in that area?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am always open to adding more forums and we have added a lot more forums over the years that were later removed due to inactivity. However, in my experience, it's usually only a small number of users who post even though many said they wanted the forum, and ultimately, it only ends up with one or two threads semi-active over time which the OTZ is more than fine for discussing.

This is not me saying no, but new forums really need to be justified beforehand rather than afterwards. Meaning, let's see some grilling, etc. threads not only get created, but remain active over a long period of time among several users, not just a few.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am always open to adding more forums and we have added a lot more forums over the years that were later removed due to inactivity. However, in my experience, it's usually only a small number of users who post even though many said they wanted the forum, and ultimately, it only ends up with one or two threads semi-active over time which the OTZ is more than fine for discussing.

This is not me saying no, but new forums really need to be justified beforehand rather than afterwards. Meaning, let's see some grilling, etc. threads not only get created, but remain active over a long period of time among several users, not just a few.
Fair enough and i would have responded earlier had I known where this went. Dayam, that was fast.

I will run an experiment to gauge the interest.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough and i would have responded earlier had I known where this went. Dayam, that was fast.

I will run an experiment to gauge the interest.
An alert should have been created telling you where it went. You can also look at your profile and/or watched threads usually to find threads you created.

Typically user suggestions, complaints, questions, etc. are posted or moved here since they are CZ related.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
First off. let me say this site is far superior to the DC.com one a lot of us left. One of my favorite things is the participation in the non Fan Zone making this more fun and well-rounded.

I would like a Tailgate Zone for food and beverage threads when we can discuss and share recipes for anything falling into this category. Obviously, there would be a Bacon one. As well as a Secret Ingredient one where you've tweaked a dish with your own special twist that we could all try.

I think it would be nice to have one special place to go where we can share our experiences with food and beverage and get some new ideas. There are a lot of grillers and smokers here and that would be the starting place but not general, have different threads for the different foods like Burgers, Chicken, Steak, Brisket, Pork, etc.

As a vegetarian, I would be offended at such a Zone and would protest its creation. And don't make me loop in PETA.

Just kidding.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

The good old "whatcha cookin'?" thread. I'd love to see that one come back.