Request to BAN Pro Football Talk!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Chief said:
Also, I may be mistaken, but I think they were the first to report that Quincy Carter was released.
ESPN broke that... probably because of BP ties but more likely because they saw Carter drive out of the parking lot with his crap in his hand.

I know because I almost choked on my sandwich trying to figure out what happened.

PFT has some contacts but generally they like to take an ordinary story and give it life as if it was way more than what it was.

An example of them guessing is this:

POSTED 12:34 p.m. EST, March 17, 2006
OWENS AND 'BOYS TALKING, BUT NO DEAL DONE
In an effort to clarify the cloud of confusion that has arisen in connection with reports and denials of reports regarding the existence of an agreement between the Cowboys and receiver Terrell Owens, we've tried to round up enough information to provide an accurate snapshot as to what is really happening.
Here's what we know.
No deal is officially done. But that doesn't mean a deal won't be done. There very well could be an agreement in principle, which as we've all learned (i.e., LeCharles Bentley) isn't binding on anyone until it is signed.
The Cowboys are talking to Owens, and apparently are the favorites to land him. With that said, the Owens camp is still talking to other teams, too.
So no official deal is done. No contract has been signed. No press conference has been scheduled.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Boys had scheduled a press conference hours later and as many sites reported had an agreement before this was posted on Friday and were merely waiting for Jerry to get back to sign the check and smile for the cameras.

DizzG

Reaction score
PFT.com is about on Par with with the national enquirer..its a pure garbage site and should never be taken seriously. They often just throw out BS to see if it sticks

hell they freely admit they dont always adhere to journalistic standards.

Right now they have a story on how the reaction from Dallas players to the TO signing is purely negative....when there is reaction from more than a handful of Dallas players before and after the official annoucement that wasnt negative at all

MONT17

Reaction score
the gut that runs the rancjreport does the same thing... look at his archived stories! sad but thats how they make money just not off me!!!

take em for what they r.... Cons artist of the net! they they werent doing this they would be selling prepaid DENTAl or something!!!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
One thing about PFT that is excellent is that they really take on agents -- PFT called for Poston's suspension over a year ago and have been highly critical of these guys. Pasquarelli, Clayton, and King are all in the pocket of one agent or another -- they get most of their info from agents -- in exchange they report contracts in a favorable light (e.g., failing to mention that huge deals are back loaded and the player will never see the biggest money in the deal).

I think we NEED an outsider source like PFT.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
True Cbz40, and it keeps things from being boring during the down times! :eek:

During those Dog Days May - July waiting for TC........you need every bit of news you can find......:)

STSINAZ

Reaction score
this about sums it up from PFT...got it from the ranch site

Ha ha ha...You guys have to read this...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wrote to Pro Football Talk and told them that their article on TO was bogus, with no facts and no research done...

Here is what I wrote about 10 minutes ago...

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You guys do realize that Parcells hasn’t been to one FA press conference in 3 years, right?

Nice way to fail to do any research and start bogus rumors based on bad information and laziness.

No quotes, nothing. Great reporting.

No wonder your site is never used as a source.

This is the editor's reply...

Quote:

kiss my azz.

Ha ha ha...

If that doesn't sum up how 3rd rate those people are, nothing will...

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Whatever happened to reading what you want to read? Oh, I diddnt realize the PFT folks had a gun to your head forcing you to read it. Ban it!

JonCJG

Reaction score
since it was brought up.........

POSTED 7:58 p.m. EST, March 19, 2006

MARCUS THROWS WELL AT PRO DAY, BUT . . . .

We're told that former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick made a respectable showing in his pro day workout last week. The only drawback is that a lot of the scouts in attendance left before he started to throw.

And throw is all that he did at the session, standing on his times in the 40-yard dash generated at the scouting combine.

There also are reports that Vick Lite scored a mere 11 on the Wonderlic test. Though it's four points lower than Vince Young's official 15, Marcus apparently didn't get a do-over. It's hardly a shocker, since Marcus has been doing stuff befitting this low score for years.

The next question is whether anyone will burn a draft selection on him. The Broncos have shown that they're willing to piss away picks on established problem children. At one point, we thought the Falcons might throw a second-day choice on Marcus in order to keep Michael happy, but now we think that the organization doesn't necessarily care much about keeping Michael happy.

Our guess? The Raiders, in round seven -- or the Broncos in round three.

'HAWKS WIN FIRST PHASE OF HUTCHINSON ARBITRATION

The actual significance of the decision that Special Master Stephan Burbank will hear on Monday the dispute regarding the offer sheet signed by guard Steve Hutchinson with the Minnesota Vikings is that his current team, the Seahawks, have finagled the forum of their choice for the resolution of the ultimate issue.

Good lawyers always consider their options as to the specific tribunal that will be hearing their claims -- and they then try to engineer the process accordingly. In this case, the Seahawks could have matched all portions of the Hutchinson offer sheet except for the provision that makes the entire deal guaranteed if Hutchinson isn't the highest paid offensive lineman on the team. This would have triggered a grievance from the NFLPA, which would have been resolved via binding arbitration.

Instead, the NFL and the Seahawks filed their own grievance alleging that the provision violates the CBA, and argued that the Special Master not an arbitrator should determine the outcome. On Saturday, Burbank found that the issue falls within his jurisdiction.

One key distinction here is that, while arbitration is binding and cannot be appealed, the ruling of a Special Master can be appealed to the federal court system. But we think that, in the end, the decision of the NFL and the Seahawks to push for a ruling from the Special Master was the result of a basic recognition that, at an arbitration regarding the question of whether the guarantee is a "Principal Term" of the offer, the Seahawks would have lost.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Doomsday said:
I already banned them, they are not hit or miss they just plain make stuff up to try and get headlines. That site is a joke!

You banned them? I wished the board could have voted on that.

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
this about sums it up from PFT...got it from the ranch site

Ha ha ha...You guys have to read this...
I wrote to Pro Football Talk and told them that their article on TO was bogus, with no facts and no research done...

Here is what I wrote about 10 minutes ago...

Quote:
You guys do realize that Parcells hasn’t been to one FA press conference in 3 years, right?

Nice way to fail to do any research and start bogus rumors based on bad information and laziness.

No quotes, nothing. Great reporting.

No wonder your site is never used as a source.

This is the editor's reply...

Quote:

kiss my azz.

Ha ha ha...

If that doesn't sum up how 3rd rate those people are, nothing will...

LOL, now thats just too damn funny.:laugh2:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Rockytop6 said:
You banned them? I wished the board could have voted on that.

Im just saying I have already stopped going there, obviously I cant control what others do, but there are plenty of other sites on the internet with better more accurate information. That site is nothing but a News feed from other media outlets with a small group of idiots writing bogus content to try and stir up trouble.

If you choose to go there, than knock yourself out. I choose not to support garbage sites run by jerks who only care about making a buck anyway they can.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
The daily turd has been wrong many times... but they have had scoops many times, as well.

Question. I have read this many times but I don't remember any big scroops by PFT. What were they? And I mean scoops that came out of nowhere! None of this stuff that could have been guessed by anyone who followed the game. (Example: Cowboys sign TO. There were rumors for months. The Cowboys have needed a franchise receiver for quite a while. Parcells usually makes it work with "trouble players." I wouldn't see that as a scoop. Just a logical guess by someone who wants to look like an insider.)