Resigning our Players

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have those players here that are up for new contracts, which will cause the team to shell out big dollar amounts. With that said, it seems that there's that moment when said player doesn't play to expectations of the contract money, causing fans to be in uproar saying "why did we even sign him, WE OVERSPENT!" Why does this happen, I mean we can't have players on 1 year deals. I think we need to just go with the flow, and once the players contract is coming to an end, then that'll be a good time to discuss whether the player lived up to his contract and needs a new one or not!

We can all name some players in need of new deals, we WANT them to stay here, but as soon as they have a bad year, the negativity comes. Please give your thoughts on this, and opinions

1942willys

Reaction score
We are probably stuck with Dak because of Jethro
yes CeeDee is a diva but most top WRs are and we need him
Micah = honestly his act is already old and I would trade him for picks but Jerry likes shiny toys so we are stuck with him as well
Diggs bugs me because of his business decisions but stuck with him as well
the rest are fairly small fry but I would NOT resign Biadasz as he simply is not good enough

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Micah = honestly his act is already old and I would trade him for picks but Jerry likes shiny toys so we are stuck with him as well
the rest are fairly small fry but I would NOT resign Biadasz as he simply is not good enough
They have to rework Daks jacked up contract then.

Or just cut him.

Our cap is busted.

We still have time. March will be here soon though.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So the best way to deal with this is try extending them early if they deserve it but not at max deals. Unless they are the absolute best at their position or a free agent can your teams charles haley then don't pay the max. You negotiate a year early to give yourself time to shop the agent in trade if a good deal can not be reached. Not every good player can make max money. Sometimes you get more from signing multiple guys like gilmore and hankins that are good and won't prevent you from signing or drafting other players.

J_Allen

Reaction score
From what I've heard, we like our guys but holistically we can't keep them all. We'll holistically lose again the 1st round of the playoffs probably no matter who holistically returns or leaves.

It's holistical.

75boyz

Reaction score
We have those players here that are up for new contracts, which will cause the team to shell out big dollar amounts. With that said, it seems that there's that moment when said player doesn't play to expectations of the contract money, causing fans to be in uproar saying "why did we even sign him, WE OVERSPENT!" Why does this happen, I mean we can't have players on 1 year deals. I think we need to just go with the flow, and once the players contract is coming to an end, then that'll be a good time to discuss whether the player lived up to his contract and needs a new one or not!

We can all name some players in need of new deals, we WANT them to stay here, but as soon as they have a bad year, the negativity comes. Please give your thoughts on this, and opinions
The historical precedent has been set by the Jones duo in outrageously overspending on 2nd contract mistakes.

It's a big part of the allure to stay with this team if you're "just good enough at your position and one of our guys" you are set for life.

The 2nd contract Dallas Cowboy overpaid and un deserved list is long and embarrassing.

The thought of paying Prescott alone makes me want to puke.
But when you add in Parsons and Lamb to go with recent mistakes like Gallup and possibly even Steele it does make ya wonder.

I like Bob's opinion on if so many of these 2nd contract guys are so good and deserving of said contracts, then why haven't we won more playoff games with them?

Are they maybe not as good as that overpaid 2nd contract?
I would say yes and team history's lack of winning playoff games with them backs that up.

jmo

Last edited:

75boyz

Reaction score
So the best way to deal with this is try extending them early if they deserve it but not at max deals. Unless they are the absolute best at their position or a free agent can your teams charles haley then don't pay the max. You negotiate a year early to give yourself time to shop the agent in trade if a good deal can not be reached. Not every good player can make max money. Sometimes you get more from signing multiple guys like gilmore and hankins that are good and won't prevent you from signing or drafting other players.
This.

Aven8

Reaction score
From what I've heard, we like our guys but holistically we can't keep them all. We'll holistically lose again the 1st round of the playoffs probably no matter who holistically returns or leaves.

It's holistical.
Lol….yeah once Stephen followed Jerry in his interview and said “holistic” I knew it was the buzz word this year!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
This claim is not based in reality and you have zero proof to back it up. Diva that’s laughable.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

WE LOVE OUR GUYS!!!!!

Chasing6

Reaction score

I love how we wait for them to get hurt first, then pay them big money.

shabazz

Reaction score
Lol….yeah once Stephen followed Jerry in his interview and said “holistic” I knew it was the buzz word this year!
I hope it replaces the word "super" before everything AND we all stop beginning every dam sentence with the word "So"

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
They have to rework Daks jacked up contract then.

Or just cut him.

Our cap is busted.

We still have time. March will be here soon though.
Cap is not busted even with Dak's contract. Many ways to get the salary cap to 35 to 45 in money. Cap Boy wants you guys to believe this Cap FALSEhood...