Rest of the NFC east shakes in fear

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2340355 said:
I sincerely doubt the NFL shakes in fear of a team that just loss several Pro Bowlers, including the Quarterback.

You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves and getting caught up in what we have on paper.

I think it is a great move but there is no gurantee that it will work out.

The key to this thread is "NFC east." The only team that we will play(If the time tables hold up), unhealthy in our division is at the Giants.

Washington knows we will be ready for them on the road.

New York knows that their game coming up against us in Giants Stadium is a must win.

A Philthadelphia is ****ting their pants, knowing they get us in the last game of the season, but the thing is I'm also ****ting my pants because of the piss-poor Decembers we have had in recent memory.

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
I am having a field day reading about this guy. Sounds like a cross between TO and Plaxico Burress, only he is not nearly as good.

From a Lions message board before he was dealt:

"At this point, the best we could hope for before tomorrow is a 3rd round pick......maybe.

If the Lions do slap the tag on him in March and shop Roy, they might get a second round pick. I just don't see any team in this league being desperate enough to spit out a first round pick for a player who:
Quits on his team
Quits on his coaches
Quits on the field
Shows up his QB
Shows up his coaches
Doesn't show up on the field most of the times
Made his cry baby feelings public, and
Drops more balls than a thumbless, one handed juggler wearing an arm cast."

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Burgundy&Gold;2340407 said:
I am having a field day reading about this guy. Sounds like a cross between TO and Plaxico Burress, only he is not nearly as good.

"At this point, the best we could hope for before tomorrow is a 3rd round pick......maybe.

If the Lions do slap the tag on him in March and shop Roy, they might get a second round pick. I just don't see any team in this league being desperate enough to spit out a first round pick for a player who:
Quits on his team
Quits on his coaches
Quits on the field
Shows up his QB
Shows up his coaches

lol

Yeah he stinks. Your right.

Now lets talk about the huge offer snyder gave for ocho cinco.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Phantom;2340373 said:
The key to this thread is "NFC east." The only team that we will play(If the time tables hold up), unhealthy in our division is at the Giants.

Washington knows we will be ready for them on the road.

New York knows that their game coming up against us in Giants Stadium is a must win.

A Philthadelphia is ****ting their pants, knowing they get us in the last game of the season, but the thing is I'm also ****ting my pants because of the piss-poor Decembers we have had in recent memory.

I can almost certainly gurantee you that this is not the case.

Those teams pay their players too.

Also, the Giants don't have to win against us. Theoretically, they could still beat us the second time around and still hold the tiebreaker because we lost to Washington.

CoCo

Reaction score
Count me amongst those taking a wait and see on this move. Lest we forget from the last 3 weeks, the games are not played on paper.The move is made and I'm hoping for the best, but anyone who believes dramatically improved productivity is guaranteed hasn't been around long IMO. Did Pacman deliver on the promise of being a key playmaker or difference-maker?

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Okay, I'll say it: if Crayton & co. were actually getting OPEN then maybe, just maybe, the o-line wouldn't have to block for 10 seconds in order for Romo to make a play! I'm not saying the line hasn't played below standards (Stevie Wonder could see that) but if TO & Witt are covered up and the "complementary" WRs can't beat 1-on-1 coverage then Tony had no chance! Count me as optimistic that 11 can change that...

triplets92

Reaction score
I sincerely doubt the NFL shakes in fear of a team that just loss several Pro Bowlers, including the Quarterback.

You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves and getting caught up in what we have on paper.

dude the only way that teams can stop T.O. is playing him close with a corner a havining safety help over top....they cant do that anymore. besides this team is not built to crumble if our qb is down for a bit we have enough talent to help brad out

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I doubt anyone's shaking in fear. But I also doubt the coaches of our divisional foes particularly like this move.

Doubling Owens just got harder, as did stopping this offense. You're nuts if you think a defensive coordinator would rather have to scheme against Williams than Crayton opposite Owens.

With that said, the significance of this move will only be felt if the rest of this team starts playing better. Simply throw Roy into what we've been doing, and we're still a team that loses in the first round of the playoffs.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Burgundy&Gold;2340407 said:

Quits on his team
Quits on his coaches
Quits on the field
Shows up his QB
Shows up his coaches
Pretty much what most DeadnStinkin fans have said to me since the trade! "He's not that good." "He has done anything in DET (shoot, who has ;) )!" "TO will be pissed & destroy the team (I hear this one daily, no matter what the situation)!" Jealousy, perhaps. Hating...definitely! I don't think 11's real impact will be felt until Dec. or maybe next season after he's fully assimilated into the offense but he should take some heat off of Owens.

Iamtdg

Benched
Reaction score
Yeah, the NFCE is quaking in it's proverbial boots.

http://i309.***BLOCKED***/albums/kk396/tingteg/pole_fail.gif

Boysboy

Reaction score

IF Romo's injury was a season-ender, yes, you could kiss the season goodbye. However-I feel a decent vet QB like BJ will be able to hold his own for 2-3 games.

I'm not holding my breath either, but 2-3 week injuries are ALOT better than long stretches one b/c it at least takes the pressure off the backups.

With that being said, I'll take it one game at a time. We beat the Rams this week, I'll breath a sigh of relief.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Man, I was worried about our "boy genius" (Jason Garrett) getting too big play happy in the down the field passing game at times and now he has a new 5 star toy in his hands.

I hope he doesn't forget that Marion Barber and Felix Jones can straight up win football game for him.

Nevertheless, I think the boy genius will get it done, and I sure am happy about this move. This was a great day to be a Dallas Cowboys fan.

You can say what you will about Jerry Jones, but since Parcells left, he has really added some big time talent to the team. Plus, T.O. was his move.