Rev Conehead's Axiom

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Observable reality has resulting in my formulating the following axiom:

Any time you lose an idiot, it will always be quickly replaced.

You see this manifest itself in daily life. For example, when you're driving on the freeway and some idiot is going slow in the left lane, you may on occasion have the incredible luck of that idiot needing to exit. He gets over to the right and takes his exit, and the passing lane is finally open for its intended use. However, this is only a temporary situation. The universe detects an imbalance, a lack of stupidity. It can detect that the normal level of frustration that should be coming from the left lane is not there and it sends out a signal to any available idiots that they need to go inhabit the left lane, going way too slowly, of course. Before you know it, a replacement idiot is hogging up the left lane. The balance of the universe is restored.

This axiom is also demonstrated in the workplace. You may work on a great and talented team, but it is required that you endure at least one idiot, someone who doesn't do his share or just isn't bright enough to understand simple instructions. In the event that this person quits, retires, or does (but not is fired; they are never fired), you will feel relieved, but this relief is short-lived. As with the case of the highway, a signal is sent out to the universe that the stupidity quotient is out of balance. A replacement idiot is needed, and one will be quickly provided. A normally smart HR department will have blinders put on and will hire an idiot without even realizing it's an idiot.

This is an obvious truth. I know you've lived it. You may post examples of this in your life if you wish.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My problem is not with idiots as they've always been there and more are being created as the Idiot Gene is strong with the force.

My problem is those that inhabit their Small World. They're oblivious to their surroundings because of their immersion in communication outside their surroundings. It is just them and their chosen device to stay connected while disconnected to those in their immediate vicinity. And there's nothing as heartwarming as seeing a bunch of young friends out to have a great time.....with their cellphones. Why don't they just stay home and text each other?

I am an observer, I watch people and have seen the increasing incidence of self-importance and complete unawareness of what's around them, mainly other people. They seem to be too engrossed in the cellphones to notice each other. Or in too many instances, the danger around them like traffic. Laws have to be made to keep people from texting while driving?

I have never been a big people person. You know, like those people that just looooooovvvvvve people. Those are actually the first people I dislike. As the population expands with people, they're not making them more likable. Too many are annoying and crossing into my Small World.

lukin2006

Reaction score
My problem is not with idiots as they've always been there and more are being created as the Idiot Gene is strong with the force.

My problem is those that inhabit their Small World. They're oblivious to their surroundings because of their immersion in communication outside their surroundings. It is just them and their chosen device to stay connected while disconnected to those in their immediate vicinity. And there's nothing as heartwarming as seeing a bunch of young friends out to have a great time.....with their cellphones. Why don't they just stay home and text each other?

I am an observer, I watch people and have seen the increasing incidence of self-importance and complete unawareness of what's around them, mainly other people. They seem to be too engrossed in the cellphones to notice each other. Or in too many instances, the danger around them like traffic. Laws have to be made to keep people from texting while driving?

I have never been a big people person. You know, like those people that just looooooovvvvvve people. Those are actually the first people I dislike. As the population expands with people, they're not making them more likable. Too many are annoying and crossing into my Small World.

I thought I wrote this. I feel the same way about people...7.5 billion on this earth, and I like maybe 12 people .... :laugh::laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You see this manifest itself in daily life. For example, when you're driving on the freeway and some idiot is going slow in the left lane, you may on occasion have the incredible luck of that idiot needing to exit. He gets over to the right and takes his exit, and the passing lane is finally open for its intended use. However, this is only a temporary situation. The universe detects an imbalance, a lack of stupidity. It can detect that the normal level of frustration that should be coming from the left lane is not there and it sends out a signal to any available idiots that they need to go inhabit the left lane, going way too slowly, of course. Before you know it, a replacement idiot is hogging up the left lane. The balance of the universe is restored.

This axiom is also demonstrated in the workplace. You may work on a great and talented team, but it is required that you endure at least one idiot, someone who doesn't do his share or just isn't bright enough to understand simple instructions. In the event that this person quits, retires, or does (but not is fired; they are never fired), you will feel relieved, but this relief is short-lived. As with the case of the highway, a signal is sent out to the universe that the stupidity quotient is out of balance. A replacement idiot is needed, and one will be quickly provided. A normally smart HR department will have blinders put on and will hire an idiot without even realizing it's an idiot.

This is an obvious truth. I know you've lived it. You may post examples of this in your life if you wish.
Balance must be restored.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I should really open the doors to my Church of of the Holy Misanthrope to the public.....but that would be counterintuitive.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I should really open the doors to my Church of of the Holy Misanthrope to the public.....but that would be counterintuitive.
Sorry, that's the Church of the Holy Misanthrope, not the Church of of the Holy Misanthrope. If you Google that one, you won't find anything....If you Google the right one, you won't find anything either.........unless someone stole my idea.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the things my wife did not like about me was my impatience. I told her that if she was waiting for me to have patience, she really needed a lot of it.

Hell, I asked the Lord for patience and got tired of waiting for it. But I did work on my tolerance level. I just learned when to keep my mouth shut.

I just live by the notion that most of the people I am going to encounter on a daily basis are either boring, irritating or stupid. Then I have to apply the kindness rule. Then again, with my multiple personalities, a few might actually like these people.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One of the things my wife did not like about me was my impatience. I told her that if she was waiting for me to have patience, she really needed a lot of it.

Hell, I asked the Lord for patience and got tired of waiting for it. But I did work on my tolerance level. I just learned when to keep my mouth shut.

I just live by the notion that most of the people I am going to encounter on a daily basis are either boring, irritating or stupid. Then I have to apply the kindness rule. Then again, with my multiple personalities, a few might actually like these people.
I'm pretty much the same way. Back when I delivered furniture for a living, my brother came to work for us, for about a month or two, before he couldn't take take it anymore.

He looked at me about a week into it and said, "I can't believe you, of all people, have the patience to deal with these people!"

I hate them, but it's my job not to let it show, so a lot of people have no idea how I really feel about them.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Another thread for Us to moan in, Reality should consider starting a Curmudgeon Zone.

p.s I agree with all the above, though I have to say that all of My work colleagues are bright, hard-working and a joy to know (and could be reading this).

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

I employ the, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all, rule.

I am the quiet one at work. Lol

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score

As far as the traffic Axiom, I live in Austin... EASILY the worst drivers in the US. This is my Cross to bear, every day...

Screw you Austin Drivers... get a grip...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As far as the traffic Axiom, I live in Austin... EASILY the worst drivers in the US. This is my Cross to bear, every day...

Screw you Austin Drivers... get a grip...
How many cities have you driven in?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Every time one if your posts does down, you post another. Lol