Review of Cowboys Losses in 2019

DandyDon52

Reaction score
With the availability of the coaching film I don't have to worry about saving video of games.

I have VCR tapes from the late eighties of Cowboy games.

For a few years I had a TIVO that I could access from my computer to archive recorded games.

Now I just save college games for the purpose of reviewing draft prospects.

GamePass now has games back to 2009.
game pass is ok, but I dont care for the delivery system.
And 2009 -2019 is all JG and 1 year of wade with JG as OC , so those are kinda hard to watch. 2014 and 2016 were the only good years.

Flamma

Reaction score
Good writeup. The whole season was really a snakebit year, Romo called it perfectly on one of the broadcasts. It was a 12 win team that went 8-8 because of every break going against them. On top of it the team quit against the Bears and Bills.

The Pats game was decided on the blocked punt like you say. The Jets game had problems like the coaching coming in with a conservative game plan, but on top of that all of the WRs, OTs and CBs went out with injuries at once. Then to top it off they had a 14 point swing on an Olawale mistake followed by allowing a 90 yard TD.

The Packers game had a 14 point swing in a potential TD pass hitting Amari Cooper in the hands and going through them for an INT. That kind of play will happen with Amari once every ten years.

The 2016 team was the opposite, all the breaks went their way and a 10 win team won 13 games. Last year a 12 win team won 8.

I don't know about any of this. Bad things happen to bad teams. Good teams find a way to win. I can understand if everything went wrong in one game causing a really good team to lose, but when it's always something different you start to set a pattern. How many times have we heard a statistic similar to, 7 out or their last 8 losses were by 3 points or less. They could be 7-3 instead of 2-8. No they couldn't. There's a reason they lost those games. It wasn't just dumb luck.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Penalties, dropped passes, missed field goals, predictable defense, and offense, horrible special teams, coaching...... The whole team was a disaster when it mattered. We all know what rolls down hill.....
The frustrating part is that we've seen success with a lot of the players that had a tough go last year. Hopefully McCarthy can make the changes needed to have this team prepared to compete at a higher level, and get these young men back to playing at their best.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys offense scored 10 or less points in 3 winnable games against the Patriots,Saints, and Eagles for the division....but lets leave that out so we cant get full context. Cherry picking is so much more convenient when trying to justify the 40 Million Dollar Man contract

Hey man did we just kick another Field-goal????:facepalm: