Revisiting the Canty Trade

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
This turned out to be pretty valuable. We swapped a 4th for a 6th and with that 6th, we got Scott Fujita. So, we got Canty and Fujita for just a 4th round pick. Not a bad trade at all.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
This turned out to be pretty valuable. We swapped a 4th for a 6th and with that 6th, we got Scott Fujita. So, we got Canty and Fujita for just a 4th round pick. Not a bad trade at all.
Very nice indeed.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
Gave up last year's 5th as well.
Forgot about that. So we gave up a 4th for Canty and a 5th for Fujita or vice versa whichever player you think is more valuable. Still a pretty good trade.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Parcells' is quite magical when he gets his head in the game with trades and drafting.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Before everyone pats Parcells on the back for last year, ask yourself what was different in 2005 and the rather disappointing '04 and '03 Parcells' drafts.

Ireland's the svengali.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Before everyone pats Parcells on the back for last year, ask yourself what was different in 2005 and the rather disappointing '04 and '03 Parcells' drafts.

Ireland's the svengali.

Lets not let facts stop you. Irelands first draft in charge was last years stellar draft. Big Bill has upgraded our 53 man roster immensely in 3 drafts.

Tnew ***
Witten ***
JJ ***
Ware ***
Canty***
Spears***

Are all at /will be nucleus players - all pro's

Crayton
Burnett
Ratliff
Petitti
Barber3

Free Agent adds

Glenn
Key
Rivera
Campbell
Bledsoe
Henry
Glenn

I tip my hat to Ireland/BP.

Other than Roy and a few aging Linemen, What did we really have?:rolleyes:

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Nors said:
Lets not let facts stop you. Irelands first draft in charge was last years stellar draft. Big Bill has upgraded our 53 man roster immensely in 3 drafts.

Tnew ***
Witten ***
JJ ***
Ware ***
Canty***
Spears***

Are all at /will be nucleus players - all pro's

Crayton
Burnett
Ratliff
Petitti
Barber3

Free Agent adds

Glenn
Key
Rivera
Campbell
Bledsoe
Henry
Glenn

I tip my hat to Ireland/BP.

Other than Roy and a few aging Linemen, What did we really have?:rolleyes:

Why do you continue to respond to me after I've schooled you so many times. I swear you're like an annoying little dog at grandma's house. No matter how many times you're kicked into a corner you just keep yapping.

Do I have to list the complete '03 and '04 drafts for you to not argue that they weren't stellar?

Where is BJ Tucker now?

And what the heck do FAs have to do with anything I said?

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Why do you continue to respond to me after I've schooled you so many times. I swear you're like an annoying little dog at grandma's house. No matter how many times you're kicked into a corner you just keep yapping.

Do I have to list the complete '03 and '04 drafts for you to not argue that they weren't stellar?

Where is BJ Tucker now?

And what the heck do FAs have to do with anything I said?
If you look at all the teams with good drafts, they only have 3-5 good players that made an impact and they usually come in the first 3-4 rounds. It was a pretty interestin stat.

burmafrd

Reaction score
BP's first draft got Tnew, Witten, Bradie James- one pro bowler, one who should be, and a solid starter that is improving. Also Al Johnson. 4 out of 7 are starting right now. Though with Johnson.... That is as good a draft as the Cowboys have had . When you look at the so called GREAT drafts of the 90's, we only got that many quality players from any one year and there were 12 rds back then So only maybe 1/4 stuck and 3/4 were bit players or did not make it. BP's first draft was much better then that. Now 2004 did not do well- no arguement there. JJ and Crayton are pretty much all there is. Though Peterman is still a potential.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
If you look at all the teams with good drafts, they only have 3-5 good players that made an impact and they usually come in the first 3-4 rounds. It was a pretty interestin stat.

I know and agree with you so sshhh I'm hunting wabbits.