Twitter: Rex Ryan trashes Amari Cooper

mattjames2010

Reaction score
“What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without consideration.”

And I didn’t understand the relevance of the Garrett reference. Also, he’s not my favorite former anything. He’s a guy I defended a lot from stupid criticism that was generally asserted without evidence.

Playing obtuse doesn't work with me. There is a reason Cooper was traded, he led the league in drops twice in his career, he ghosted with the Raiders the way he's ghosting here. Cooper's problems have been well documented for a while, he's defended here because he's a Cowboy. Dude was on no one's radar before the trade, because he was sucking. He'll have a 100+ yard game one week and disappear for 4. That's who he is.

So, if you acknowledge Cooper is a great route runner and great player, it comes down to the mental and effort aspect, yes? Or was it all the (both) coaching staffs? Or is it suddenly all on Dak? Because it seems everyone you defended has some major flaws. It doesn't look good for you here, someone that you defended is getting the heavy criticism. My guess it'll be Garrett that can be scapegoated by you now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So Amari had continued problems with plantar fasciitis throughout the regular season, even though there was no mention of it? Plus, even if he did have lingering effects, Amari said "it's no big deal" since he's had to deal/play with this in seasons past like his rookie year in Oakland where he dealt with it all season, yet still was able to catch for over 1,000 yards and 6 TDs. He even said this problem goes all the way back to his college years while in Alabama. WTH???

https://cowboyswire-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/21/dallas-cowboys-amari-cooper-2019-preseason-heel-injury-plantar-fasciitis/amp/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=#aoh=15859464638779&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/21/dallas-cowboys-amari-cooper-2019-preseason-heel-injury-plantar-fasciitis/

So as we can all now see, the Cowboys failed terribly at not doing their homework before using a super costly 1st round pick on a WR who has lingering foot problems and has had them since college. No wonder Oakland was quick to get rid of him after only a few seasons. They got the best end of the deal BIG TIME by getting our 1st round pick for a damaged goods WR with bad feet!!!

What's even worse is the Cowboys giving him a 5 year/$20 per year new contract recently AFTER KNOWING NOW ABOUT HIS RECURRING FEET PROBLEMS! Yet, for this you want to cover up for him, and even worse, compare Dak to Amari???

Sorry, bro, but you've lost this debate. You're defending the indefensible and allowing your love of the player to blind you from the drastic facts that show the Cowboys made a huge mistake.

:facepalm:

So is this what we do now? While debating you crown yourself the "WINNER!" as if it means something?

You're the 2nd person to do this but let me state it now. I don't care about "winning" debates. I have a opinion I state it. That's it. We can crown yourself the winner if you like. That' fine. You won. But it won't stop me from stating my argument and stance. Agree with it or not I could careless but let me tell you just because you make a claim doesn't make its fact.

IN one sentence you say the team didn't do their homework and in the next you ay they gave him 20 million per year for 5 years(once again.....this is not a fact...people have stated what the terms of the contract actually are) knowing he had a foot issue. They know about his issues lol. They know about LVE's neck. They knew about Jaylon's knees. To assume they don't know about their own players but YOU DO is insane.

I've lost track of what you're even debating at this point. You replied to my post because I said Dak and both Cooper struggled in big games last year which is a FACT. Cant' be argued. You are arguing with yourself about how or why Cooper struggled. That's not my argument. My point was if you're Rex Ryan and you talk about Cooper disappearing on the road then you have to talk about everyone else who did it too because Amari wasn't alone. Zeke did it. Dak did it. Amari did it. Lawrence did it. THere's a long list of guys who fit that bill on this team which is why they went 8-8.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rex got to two championship games with Mark Sanchez.
original-1775416-1.jpg

ESisback

Reaction score
So is this what we do now? While debating you crown yourself the "WINNER!" as if it means something?

You're the 2nd person to do this but let me state it now. I don't care about "winning" debates. I have a opinion I state it. That's it. We can crown yourself the winner if you like. That' fine. You won. But it won't stop me from stating my argument and stance. Agree with it or not I could careless but let me tell you just because you make a claim doesn't make its fact.

IN one sentence you say the team didn't do their homework and in the next you ay they gave him 20 million per year for 5 years(once again.....this is not a fact...people have stated what the terms of the contract actually are) knowing he had a foot issue. They know about his issues lol. They know about LVE's neck. They knew about Jaylon's knees. To assume they don't know about their own players but YOU DO is insane.

I've lost track of what you're even debating at this point. You replied to my post because I said Dak and both Cooper struggled in big games last year which is a FACT. Cant' be argued. You are arguing with yourself about how or why Cooper struggled. That's not my argument. My point was if you're Rex Ryan and you talk about Cooper disappearing on the road then you have to talk about everyone else who did it too because Amari wasn't alone. Zeke did it. Dak did it. Amari did it. Lawrence did it. THere's a long list of guys who fit that bill on this team which is why they went 8-8.

I agree, but AC’s ok. We used to argue quite a bit in the old forum!

Dre11

Reaction score
The 2019 Week 16 Eagles game essentially confirmed everything the Raiders conveniently leaked to the media explaining why they traded him. It is what it is....

so how many times did Dak miss open wrs in the Philly game due to being hurt. Before you spout off, go watch some film.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Rex Ryan said he wouldn't have paid Amari Cooper because he disappears in games. Why is that? Because he's got lingering foot problems. Dak doesn't have any lingering problems. By you comparing Dak to Amari is comical. I merely pointed out the difference and why it's not fair to make a comparison between Dak and Amari. It obviously hit a nerve.

aria

Reaction score
Jerry’s so dumb, he should probably pay the most money ever for a RB :rolleyes:

cern

Reaction score
Rex got to two championship games with Mark Sanchez.
The problem with guys like rex is that they're amusing for a couple of years.. but their schtick wears out quickly. Like jerry glanville. Rex tried like hell to get under belichick's skin and probably did. But the buffoonish rex doesn't coach anymore and bill keeps racking up superbowls.

Wood

Reaction score
Hence why it's set up as a 2 year deal with favorable team options to restructure or cut.

The Cowboys did have reservations on Cooper too

Cap hit wise under these next two years the Cowboys "pay" Cooper 34mil.

That's not bad considering his AAV of 20 per.

Thats good point that Cowboy set that contract up in way they can get out if he test positive for being turd.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
I for one can think logically, unlike Rex Ryan who trying to be a reality star since he is out of a job. I think Cooper's disappearing act has more do with the lack of offensive planning by JG. He and the offensive coordinator just couldn't figure out how to make the offense explosive. The lack of crossing routes neutralized this offense. Defenses were well aware that our offense was timing based and we love comeback routes. JG kep the offense simple and it hurt in the long run.

Cooper mostly had a Safety over the top as well, but Rex is not going to say anything about that. Rex wants to make a name for himself. Pay no attention to him, because the same could be said for his work performance, it was turd!

However, the lack of production in away games is staggering. I really think he was hurt last year trying to play for a contract.

aria

Reaction score
If Rex said Amari was one the best receivers, fans would be eating it up and referencing Rex to justify Coopers contract.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
so how many times did Dak miss open wrs in the Philly game due to being hurt. Before you spout off, go watch some film.

Did you watch any of the Raiders film when Cooper was with them? Was Carr the problem there? I mean, yeah Dak sucks at times, but let's stop pretending that stuff just happened here with Cooper.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Please draft a receiver in the first round unless you trade for Jamaal Adams.

I'm not crazy about Coop's contract but there's not a chance that he gets paid and a WR is drafted in the first round. That would just be doubling down on dumb.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If Rex said Amari was one the best receivers, fans would be eating it up and referencing Rex to justify Coopers contract.

Heck, if Cooper was on another team people would be agreeing with him. Cooper is only defended because he's a Dallas Cowboy. That's it. Nothing else. We see the same thing from homer posters here - every player we have is future HOF players until their contracts are up.