Twitter: Rex Ryan trashes Amari Cooper

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I totally agree with Rex. Spot on. We all have seen Amari disappear. The problem is we've got no other legit #1 on the team. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, this team needs to address the WR position in the draft...seriously.

Yeah, I'm not about to "admit" that, unless you're talking about the 4th round or later.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
his daddy dumped hofer chris carter. and I truly believe the plethora of nagging injuries contributed to coopers effectiveness late in the season. nothing a route runner needs more than leg, foot and ankle injuries.
People always like to declare "NO EXCUSES!", but I totally agree with you. Cooper had multiple leg injuries and played through them. It cost him effectiveness which the no excuses crowd then jumped on even when they were in actuality, valid excuses.

I like Coopers non-Diva personality and his willingness to play through injuries myself. Glad we paid him.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Amari- when playing his best is as good as anyone in the league. The road numbers are puzzling. the top CB numbers are puzzling. I will say his targets are much lower on the road and vs top CB's. Is some of that Dak not willing to challenge the top CB's too? Not sure. Regardless, he's not a bad kid. No need for this dbag to call him a turd.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I totally agree with Rex. Spot on. We all have seen Amari disappear. The problem is we've got no other legit #1 on the team. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, this team needs to address the WR position in the draft...seriously.
This is a stretch. To me Gallup was a #1 at times last year. And with the jump he made from year 1 to year 2.....I expect him to be a legit #1 this year. They can address it in the draft but it better not be in the 1st 2 rounds unless its for a steal.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dumb contract given out by dumb people because they were dumb and gave up a first round pick and didn't want to deal with the fallout of letting him walk.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Amari is a pretty good player that we just paid like a great player. That's what you get when you make the kneejerk mistake of giving up high draft picks for players soon to be FA's. In general, it's a dumb idea.

cern

Reaction score
and even as we speak some are clamoring for the return of dez Bryant. the disdain for cooper is surprising.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Amari- when playing his best is as good as anyone in the league. The road numbers are puzzling. the top CB numbers are puzzling. I will say his targets are much lower on the road and vs top CB's. Is some of that Dak not willing to challenge the top CB's too? Not sure. Regardless, he's not a bad kid. No need for this dbag to call him a turd.
I think any coach that sees his player struggling should try and open things up for him. I don't know if its just Garrett's refusal to change his gameplan or Moore's youth that stopped this but this happened when TO was here too. They kept saying "He can't get open anymore" and there answer was trading for Roy Williams.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Hard to appear in big games when the ball is over your head or behind you. Plus he has some injury issues. Any way you slice it AC is a top 10 WR.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hence why it's set up as a 2 year deal with favorable team options to restructure or cut.

The Cowboys did have reservations on Cooper too

Cap hit wise under these next two years the Cowboys "pay" Cooper 34mil.

That's not bad considering his AAV of 20 per.
Ding ding. We are basically paying him 17 million a year, which is what his market really should be. If he plays like a 20 million AAV WR, he will probably see the rest of the contract. If not he will cut in 2022

Creeper

Reaction score
The 2019 Week 16 Eagles game essentially confirmed everything the Raiders conveniently leaked to the media explaining why they traded him. It is what it is....
While I agree with this, the Eagles game was more about Dak than Amari. Dak missed him on a few throws and he missed a few other receivers as well. I think if Dak had played a decent game there he would have his contract already and the fans would be behind him.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is a stretch. To me Gallup was a #1 at times last year. And with the jump he made from year 1 to year 2.....I expect him to be a legit #1 this year. They can address it in the draft but it better not be in the 1st 2 rounds unless its for a steal.
Pretty much how I feel.

I'd like a guy w/ wheels in the mid rounds, or a big guy who can win jump balls down field like the kid from UT, Collin Johnson. Not before the 3rd, though.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rex Ryan doesn't know his *** from a hole in the road! His coaching disappears throughout the season.