RG Issue: Marco Rivera!

Reaction score
neosapien23;1238866 said:
Normally I would agree, but it is much harder to play Guard than Tackle. The transition has been made before.

Huh, it's a reason why tackles get paid higher generally speaking because they play a bigger role in pass protection...

neosapien23

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1238888 said:
Huh, it's a reason why tackles get paid higher generally speaking because they play a bigger role in pass protection...

Sorry i mean to say it the other way around. A tackle should be able to make the transition to guard since guard is easier. Its late so I think I'm gonna go ahead and go to sleep.

Manster68

Reaction score
Hey, if he can play both guard and tackle, he will be an apple in Parcells' eyes.

He likes those kind of players.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Manster68;1238807 said:
Well, I do think another guard is on Parcells' offseason wish list.

Unless, of course, Croy Proctor is the real deal.

Isn't the Texas lineman Blalock a guard? I'm not sure.
One thing I do like about Parcells......he tries not to waste Jerry Jones money AND he tries to correct mistakes he makes when he DOES wast Jerry's money..so I could see Proctor getting a look...I could see McQuistan getting a look....

This ain't 20/20 for me...I did not like the Fasano pick....I wanted Marcus McNeil who will be a Pro Bowler for a long time in this league...he would have gone a long way to fixing our OL longer term....I disagree with how we build our OL...I think you should build from the outside in....yet we throw big money at guards and try to develop diamonds in the rough at tackle....again, we should have drafted Marcus McNeil

burmafrd

Reaction score
McNeil had that neck problem- no telling how long he can play. After our fun and games with Rogers, no way do we go anywhere near a tackle with previous injury/medical concerns.

Scotman

Reaction score
Rivera surely got pushed around some today. However, don't underestimate the impact he's had on Gurode and Columbo. I think he's a made a pretty big difference on our line, but more as a mentor than the dominator we hoped he'd be.

canters

Reaction score
He will be a cap casuaklty in the off season. I am hoping for a Steinbach type starter in his place in FA.

noletime95

Reaction score
I believe Rivera will cost more against the cap cut than on the team next near.

lspain1

Reaction score
I hope our film reviewers give some details but Rivera did seem to have a bad night (until the 4th quarter). In Rivera's defense, our offense did score a point or two last night,

STSINAZ

Reaction score
we may be replacing him soon..proctor are you ready i can hear bp saying? its time for a playoff run...no weaknesses allowed!

landryscorner

Reaction score
Here's what I saw in Rivera....He stunk and heres why.....twice..twice his defender batted down 2 balls that would of been caught, and right after that he caused a 10 yard penalty!!! for false start I agree, Rivera needs to go back to cheeseland and get out of dallas period!

Manster54

Reaction score
Scotman;1239144 said:
Rivera surely got pushed around some today. However, don't underestimate the impact he's had on Gurode and Columbo. I think he's a made a pretty big difference on our line, but more as a mentor than the dominator we hoped he'd be.

:bow:
Kudos to have the guts to dissent. I think everyone has a bad day at the office. (And boy was it a bad day-he made Coleman look like a HOFamer) Was he ever really a dominator like Larry Allen? Not even in the same class... His overall impact this year has been MUCH better than last year and I think he will return next year. Having said that, I really wanted Wahle rather than Rivera when they both free agents. I also have been pleasantly surprised with Kosier. Not a dominator, but solid and injury free.

burmafrd

Reaction score
We could not have gotten Wahle- he made it plain that he wanted to go to Carolina and that was that. We would have had to have doubled the money to get him probably.

ddh33

Reaction score
I think Rivera does add some leadership to that line. I believe that is why Parcells is so complimentary of him. For all we know, he is the guy who has allowed Gurode to succeed more this season compared to past seasons.

It does get old seeing him get pushed back though.