RG3 suffers knee injury late in game

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Hoods;4893797 said:
Yes, but all of those injuries are isolated incidents that happened after years of playing the position. RG3 has already been sidelined for running multiples times during his first year. Looks like he's about to miss at least a game, too. This doesn't bode well for his career going forward.

How do you explain Matt Stafford then? He is 6'3" 232, a "pocket passer," was completely healthy in college. Yet played in only 13 games in his 1st 2 seasons, but hasn't missed a game in his last 2....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsFan28;4893992 said:
The argument that Griffin will have a shortened career will have a much better answer after next year. Over the off season he will spend a lot of time improving his slide, and his situational awareness. I think we saw a huge improvement in his use of the sideline after his Atlanta hit. Likewise, assuming this hit ultimately did little damage, it should have shown him the dangers of crossing into the middle of the field.

Let's not forget that he's a rookie, so a lot of these situations are the first time he's seeing the speed and power of NFL defenses. Most people here are expecting a sophomore slump, but I have high hopes that he will use his intelligence, and keep working with KS to improve the offense next year, though he may see his passer rating dip below 100.0 during his "slump".

He'll probably slump somewhat. He still looks like a budding superstar to me.

His style of play subjects him to a greater risk of injury, but there's no knowing how his body will hold up or that injuries will be a particular problem for him. He's part of the vanguard of new-style QBs that we're going to see more of, regardless. This is how NFL QB position is evolving.

I hate the Skins more than the next guy, but I don't mind saying RGIII is obviously the real deal. I'm looking forward to an NFCE with the Skins relevant again for the first time in a long while and consider a slumped Eagles team relatively fair compensation for that. I'm just hoping we get a chance to play you guys for the NFCE in week 17. There'd be some amazing story lines for that game.

Stryker44

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone on the Giants, Cowboys, or Commanders to GUARANTEE a playoff birth or victory.

Who has the guts to step up and call it?

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Stryker44;4894226 said:
I'm looking for someone on the Giants, Cowboys, or Commanders to GUARANTEE a playoff birth or victory.

Who has the guts to step up and call it?

I would say with twin nitwits in New York: Osi and Tuck. But all they do is whine about getting respect. I am going to go with our own nitwit: DeAngelo Hall.

1fisher

Reaction score
So you'll take stats over Wins?

......and BTW the Colts blew up just about everything after last season. Coach - GM - offense/defense. Reggie Wayne and Freeney are the only two players I recognize. Not to mention their NEW head coach hasn't been with the team in weeks.

Keep running the ball RG.... those hits won't get any easier! :D

slaga

Reaction score
RG3 is practicing, at least on a limited basis: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...iffin-iii-joins-drills-at-Commanders-practice

ragintd

Reaction score
RG3 did it without his #1 for half the season (Garson) and without his #1 TE (Davis). Luck hasn't lost many if any of his offensive skill position players.

And you overlook the fact that Luck has played a MUCH weaker schedule then the Skins.

You can dis RG3 all you want. But he's changing tons of minds (media, coaches, and players) and quite possibly the game itself. We'll see in the coming years. To discount him and call him Aliki Smith 2.0 and just a joke.

Duane

Reaction score
Idgit;4894208 said:
He'll probably slump somewhat. He still looks like a budding superstar to me.

His style of play subjects him to a greater risk of injury, but there's no knowing how his body will hold up or that injuries will be a particular problem for him. He's part of the vanguard of new-style QBs that we're going to see more of, regardless. This is how NFL QB position is evolving.

I hate the Skins more than the next guy, but I don't mind saying RGIII is obviously the real deal. I'm looking forward to an NFCE with the Skins relevant again for the first time in a long while and consider a slumped Eagles team relatively fair compensation for that. I'm just hoping we get a chance to play you guys for the NFCE in week 17. There'd be some amazing story lines for that game.
I feel the same way. RGIII is a talent and is going to be a thorn in our side for the next decade if he can stay healthy.

1fisher

Reaction score
ragintd;4894379 said:
RG3 did it without his #1 for half the season (Garson) and without his #1 TE (Davis). Luck hasn't lost many if any of his offensive skill position players.

And you overlook the fact that Luck has played a MUCH weaker schedule then the Skins.

You can dis RG3 all you want. But he's changing tons of minds (media, coaches, and players) and quite possibly the game itself. We'll see in the coming years. To discount him and call him Aliki Smith 2.0 and just a joke.

Are they carving his bust for Canton already? I'll bet Jostens has already sized him for his multiple superbowl rings! Maybe he can also save us from this fiscal cliff.

:laugh2:

ragintd

Reaction score
1fisher;4894408 said:
Are they carving his bust for Canton already? I'll bet Jostens has already sized him for his multiple superbowl rings! Maybe he can also save us from this fiscal cliff.

:laugh2:

Never said any of that. But i will not discount him and call him worse then or the 2nd coming of Aliki Smith either. Love him or hate him, i don't care. Dude is a beast and if he can stay healthy he will be a game changer.

And btw, RG3 is already in the HOF.. at least his jersey and cleats are from the MNF game against the Giants
:D

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Tarik El-Bashir ‏@TarikCSN
Robert Griffin III is on the field for practice. Did leg lifts, stretches and shuffle steps. #Commanders #RedskinsTalk

I don't know to what extent @RGIII will participate in team drills (can't watch that) but I'm shocked by how much he's able to do.#Commanders

Should be noted that there was no brace on the outside of his sweat pants. #RedskinsTalk #Commanders

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Duane;4894386 said:
I feel the same way. RGIII is a talent and is going to be a thorn in our side for the next decade if he can stay healthy.

If Thanksgiving was any indication he is about be far more then a thorn in your side.

He is going to dominate this rivalry like nobody has since Dave Campo :)

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
1fisher;4894320 said:
So you'll take stats over Wins?

......and BTW the Colts blew up just about everything after last season. Coach - GM - offense/defense. Reggie Wayne and Freeney are the only two players I recognize. Not to mention their NEW head coach hasn't been with the team in weeks.

Keep running the ball RG.... those hits won't get any easier! :D

Thats just silly "stats over wins"

Luck has 2 more wins over a far easier schedule to the point that it is not even worth discussing.

The last winning team Luck played? The Patriots. And he looked terrible, Rex Grossman like in that game throwing 2 pick 6's and getting the Colts blown out of the water.

Wins over TN (2), Jacksonville (1), Detroit (1), Buffalo (1), and getting blown out of the water by the Jets and Patriots isn't that impressive.

If he does win OROY he would be the first QB to win it by leading the NFL in one passing category: In Luck's case that would be interceptions

1fisher

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;4894465 said:

Luck has 2 more wins over a far easier schedule to the point that it is not even worth discussing.

The last winning team Luck played? The Patriots. And he looked terrible, Rex Grossman like in that game throwing 2 pick 6's and getting the Colts blown out of the water.

Wins over TN (2), Jacksonville (1), Detroit (1), Buffalo (1), and getting blown out of the water by the Jets and Patriots isn't that impressive.

If he does win OROY he would be the first QB to win it by leading the NFL in one passing category: In Luck's case that would be interceptions

.......and yet what do you do? You typed 75 plus words..... DISCUSSING IT!

:lmao2:

I'm gonna laugh my rear end off if someone else wins the OROY!

1fisher

Reaction score
ragintd;4894423 said:
Never said any of that. But i will not discount him and call him worse then or the 2nd coming of Aliki Smith either. Love him or hate him, i don't care. Dude is a beast and if he can stay healthy he will be a game changer.

And btw, RG3 is already in the HOF.. at least his jersey and cleats are from the MNF game against the Giants
:D

........oh yea... you care! Otherwise you wouldn't be on a Cowboys message board pleading your case about how good he is! :D

Bluestang

Reaction score
ragintd;4894379 said:

Here's some facts:

RG3 w/ Garcon playing is 6 - 1.

When Garcon was out with his injury RG3 went 1 - 5.

So don't sit there and say that RG3 is "doing it" without his #1 (who's name you couldn't even spell correctly) because he only won 1 game in his absence.

juck

Reaction score
RG3 is a flash in the pan. Vick played this good his rookie year too. RG3 is smaller than Vick. injuries are a comin'

SkinsFan82

Reaction score
juck;4894693 said:
RG3 is a flash in the pan. Vick played this good his rookie year too. RG3 is smaller than Vick. injuries are a comin'

Michael Vick in his rookie year only played 8 games and finished with a passer rating of 62.7.

RG3 has started all 13 games so far and missed a couple of quarters due to injury, he's also tied for the league lead in passer rating with Tom Brady at 104.2.

Also, RG3 is both taller and heavier than Vick.

It's amazing you can be wrong about everything you say in a post, good job.

ragintd

Reaction score
Bluestang;4894637 said:
Here's some facts:

RG3 w/ Garcon playing is 6 - 1.

When Garcon was out with his injury RG3 went 1 - 5.
:)
So don't sit there and say that RG3 is "doing it" without his #1 (who's name you couldn't even spell correctly) because he only won 1 game in his absence.

Yes.. And luck has won only 2 more games ans is in the bottm half of the Qb standings while RG3 is #1.

And I worry not about spelling cause typing on a cell phone sucks.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;4894465 said:

Didn't the Colts beat Aaron Rodgers and the all mighty Packers?!