RGIII and HBCU football

RaZon

Reaction score
Tuned in the Alcorn vs North Carolina Central game, was surprised to find RGIII doing the color commentator, and really surprised to find out he's not bad, pretty good actually. I don't know if this will be his regular gig. working with Jay Walker a former Howard QB who knows this football. RGIII did do his homework, he knows the players out there. Very energetic, I like him.

While at Baylor RGIII was a national class 400 hurdler, before Jackson he was the fastest NFL QB ever. Not that that kind of speed is needed from a QB.

2008 NCAA 400 Hurdles (Des Moines, June 13) (26 contestants, 8 finalists; Q—49.93)
1. Jeshua Anderson (Washington State) ............... Fr................48.69
2. Reuben McCoy (Auburn)................................... Sr ...............48.71
3. Robert Griffin (Baylor) ....................................... Fr................49.55
4. Jussi Heikkilä' (South Carolina)......................... Sr ...............49.69
5. Nick Robinson (Texas A&M).............................. Sr ...............49.92
6. Terry Thornton (Hampton)................................. Sr ...............49.99
7. Kai Kelley (USC)................................................ Sr ...............50.45 …
dq— [3] Justin Gaymon (Georgia) .............................. Jr................[49.03]

Steve McNair was out of Alcorn, as was Donald Driver the old Packer WR, NCC ,,,hmmm? Lot of track guys back in the day.

Bob Hayes, an HBCUer coming out of Florida A&M.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Tuned in the Alcorn vs North Carolina Central game, was surprised to find RGIII doing the color commentator, and really surprised to find out he's not bad, pretty good actually. I don't know if this will be his regular gig. working with Jay Walker a former Howard QB who knows this football. RGIII did do his homework, he knows the players out there. Very energetic, I like him.

While at Baylor RGIII was a national class 400 hurdler, before Jackson he was the fastest NFL QB ever. Not that that kind of speed is needed from a QB.

2008 NCAA 400 Hurdles (Des Moines, June 13) (26 contestants, 8 finalists; Q—49.93)
1. Jeshua Anderson (Washington State) ............... Fr................48.69
2. Reuben McCoy (Auburn)................................... Sr ...............48.71
3. Robert Griffin (Baylor) ....................................... Fr................49.55
4. Jussi Heikkilä' (South Carolina)......................... Sr ...............49.69
5. Nick Robinson (Texas A&M).............................. Sr ...............49.92
6. Terry Thornton (Hampton)................................. Sr ...............49.99
7. Kai Kelley (USC)................................................ Sr ...............50.45 …
dq— [3] Justin Gaymon (Georgia) .............................. Jr................[49.03]

Steve McNair was out of Alcorn, as was Donald Driver the old Packer WR, NCC ,,,hmmm? Lot of track guys back in the day.

Bob Hayes, an HBCUer coming out of Florida A&M.
RG3 also did the Tech/Hou game.
Pretty good at that job for sure.
Far better than I usually get for Tech games.
Could see him on big broadcasts pretty soon.

RaZon

Reaction score
RG3 also did the Tech/Hou game.
Pretty good at that job for sure.
Far better than I usually get for Tech games.
Could see him on big broadcasts pretty soon.

I noticed he wasn't there with Jay Walker to announce the HBCU game, now I know why.

Yeah, he's not bad, definately has a future in the biz.