Rich Eisen show on Cowboys FA moves

Mark

Reaction score
The arrogance of the Cowboys franchise is astonishing.

The Joneses have this team nose-dived into the ground for both 2024 & 2025 already, with a handy scapegoat in Mike McCarthy...who will NOT be coaching this team in 2025.

The team needs to live through Dak's contract. Fresh start in 2026 with a second-year "name" coach, and a new QB.

God help us.

phildadon86

Reaction score

The Joneses have this team nose-dived into the ground for both 2024 & 2025 already, with a handy scapegoat in Mike McCarthy...who will NOT be coaching this team in 2025.

The team needs to live through Dak's contract. Fresh start in 2026 with a second-year "name" coach, and a new QB.

God help us.
Is it possible there is a handshake agreement with BB?

kevm3

Reaction score
If we were going after Bill, this would have been the year to do it. Bill's not going to want to come into a complete rebuild situation.

Dak's not Mahomes, but he's a known quantity. We have MASSIVE holes on this team now, especially O-line and RB. That is an awful situation to bring a new QB into. If you want to rebuild, should have gotten Harbaugh and given him the keys. Bill wants to win now.

We'll probably see more McCarthy for the next 5 years.

75boyz

Reaction score
Must admit that this thought has crossed my mind as well...

Bill Parcells 2.0...working with scrubs?
I'm beginning to think this as well. Creeper brought it up in another thread.

It's a total Jerry type move I admit.

Mark

Reaction score
They say that an "error" does not become a "mistake" until the responsible party refuses to acknowledge it.

When is the last time that Jerry Jones ever admitted that he was wrong about anything? He always has a scapegoat, with head on the chopping block. Henry VIII with a football team. A parade of head coaches, and Mike McCarthy will become the latest to be terminated for "non-performance" which lies solely at the feet of the Joneses.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score

God help us.
We all know Zimmer is the next HC. That's why zjerry actually took more than a day to find one.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Worst outcome is that the team extends CeeDee and Dak after free agency when it’s too late to spend all those restructured dollars on free agency.

That’s when we can stop considering a rebuild as an option.

Rayman70

Reaction score

God help us.
This team is a corrupt arrogant organization.

Rayman70

Reaction score
at this point its firesale or bust. We can't win like this. May as well just start a massive rebuild right now. The fans need to stop going to the games and stop giving the Joneses attention that they seek.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

As Cowboys fans we can’t have it both ways. Dak got his money, I actually think he should be all in this season. I like that our coach and quarterback have to play for something. I am Dak Stan and I cannot stomach paying Dak another career changing contract when he has only won 2 games as our quarterback. We did the same thing with Romo and we know how that ended. We fail this season I would love to start over with CeeDee, Micah, Diggs, and Tyler.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Is it possible there is a handshake agreement with BB?
I have thought about that , they would have to keep it secret till next off-season.
But then I thought why wait? Why not do it this year?
They seem to be making it harder for cowboys to win this season, and to what end?

Guess we have to wait and see.
Be better to tank hard and get a high draft slot.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We all know Zimmer is the next HC. That's why zjerry actually took more than a day to find one.
That is possible, but we thought the same with quinn just a year ago.
I dont think the jones boys know themselves, they will decide that at end of season.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They say that an "error" does not become a "mistake" until the responsible party refuses to acknowledge it.

When is the last time that Jerry Jones ever admitted that he was wrong about anything? He always has a scapegoat, with head on the chopping block. Henry VIII with a football team. A parade of head coaches, and Mike McCarthy will become the latest to be terminated for "non-performance" which lies solely at the feet of the Joneses.
Mike knew what he was getting into, and he has been less than stellar as HC.