Rich Gosslin Mock Draft!

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/draft/stories/042306dnsponflmockdraft.23f29ed.html

Rick Gosselin's second mock draft

[SIZE=-1]01:58 PM CDT on Sunday, April 23, 2006

[/SIZE]

San Francisco's Alex Smith took a beating at quarterback physically and psychologically in 2005. The 49ers did not have any threatening offensive weapons, so defenses teed off on the rookie quarterback.
Smith was sacked 29 times in his seven starts, throwing only one touchdown against 11 interceptions. The way to accelerate a young quarterback's development is to surround him with better weapons.
By acquiring another first-round draft pick from Denver last week, the 49ers have the ability to do that. San Francisco now has the sixth and 22nd choices in the 2006 draft, which could put it in a position to claim the best tight end and best wide receiver on the draft board.
Put tight end Vernon Davis and wide receiver Santonio Holmes in the red and gold in 2006 and Smith would become a better quarterback overnight. The power presence of Davis and speed presence of Holmes would force defenses to shift the focus from the front end (attacking Smith) to the back end (protecting the goal line). Here is this week's mock draft:

Team Player Pos. School 1. Houston Reggie Bush HB Southern California Comment: Best offensive player on the board

2. New Orleans Mario Williams DE North Carolina State Comment: Best defensive player on the board

3. Tennessee Vince Young QB Texas Comment: Houston owner, Houston quarterback

4. N.Y. Jets Matt Leinart QB Southern California Comment: Giants have Manning, Jets need a headliner, too

5. Green Bay A.J. Hawk LB Ohio State Comment: Safest pick on the draft board

6. San Francisco Vernon Davis TE Maryland Comment: His 4.38 speed can stretch defenses

7. Oakland Michael Huff S Texas Comment: The Raiders need a defensive playmaker

8. Buffalo D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia Comment: Bills allowed 43 sacks in 2005

9. Detroit Brodrick Bunkley DT Florida State Comment: Active nose tackle in Warren Sapp mold

10. Arizona Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt Comment: Kurt Warner not getting any younger

11. St. Louis Jimmy Williams CB Virginia Tech Comment: Rams need a shut-down corner

12. Cleveland Ernie Sims LB Florida State Comment: Browns need defensive playmakers

13. Baltimore Haloti Ngata DT Oregon Comment: The Ravens never did replace Tony Siragusa

14. Philadelphia Jonathan Joseph CB South Carolina Comment: NFC East loaded with giant receivers

15. Denver Laurence Maroney HB Minnesota Comment: Broncos cut leading rusher Mike Anderson

16. Miami Chad Greenway LB Iowa Comment: Dolphins need more athletic linebackers

17. Minnesota Demeco Ryans LB Alabama Comment:Vikings need linebackers, period

18. Dallas Manny Lawson DE North Carolina State Comment: A pass rusher to complement DeMarcus Ware

19. San Diego Antonio Cromartie CB Florida State Comment: NFL's 28th-ranked pass defense needs help

20. Kansas City Kamerion Wimbley DE Florida State Comment: Wimbley is from down the road in Wichita

21. New England Bobby Carpenter LB Ohio State Comment: Pats draft a Mike Vrabel clone

22. San Francisco Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State Comment: His 4.34 speed also stretches defenses

23. Tampa Bay Winston Justice OT Southern California Comment: Bucs allowed 41 sacks last year

24. Cincinnati Tye Hill CB Clemson Comment: NFL's 26th-ranked pass defense gets help

25. N.Y. Giants Donte Whitner S Ohio State Comment: Giants need a playmaker at back end

26. Chicago Jason Allen S Tennessee Comment: Chicago's historical credo – Defense first

27. Carolina LenDale White HB Southern California Comment: Panthers replace Stephen Davis

28. Jacksonville Nick Mangold C Ohio State Comment: Toughens up one of NFL's best lines

29. N.Y. Jets DeAngelo Williams HB Memphis Comment: Curtis Martin has lost a step

30. Indianapolis Joe Addai HB LSU Comment: The Colts need to replace Edgerrin James

31. Seattle Chad Jackson WR Florida Comment: Another WR named Jackson from Florida

32. Pittsburgh Tamba Hali DE Penn State Comment: NFL champions add Big Ten sack leader

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Gosselin is off when he has Young going to the Titans, the Titans will select Linehart.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
Gosselin is off when he has Young going to the Titans, the Titans will select Linehart.
Not after the Jets trade up to #2.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Since this is a repost, I'm going to repost my original comment.

If we pass on Justice like in this mock, I'm going to puke.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
#1 The Titans will take Vince Young regardless of whether or not Lienart is available. They like him better. Don't ask me why. Plus the it is the Titan brass that loves him. Norm Chow and Jeff Fischer would prefer Lienart but they don't make the final call.

#2 No way on God's green earth does DBrick last to the 8th pick. If he does, I try to figure out how to get up there and takle him. He is the yop dog in this draft IMO.

Reaction score
I doubt Manny Lawson will go in the 2nd round although everyone has mixed draft reviews about him, ranging from a first to third round projection.

Woods

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
I doubt Manny Lawson will go in the 2nd round although everyone has mixed draft reviews about him, ranging from a first to third round projection.

Agreed.

I'd expect Wembley, Carp, and Lawson to all go in Round 1.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
Just curious. Who said Lawson wouldn't go in the first round?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Interesting that he has Lawson going to us ahead of both Wimbley and Carpenter. Considering Gosselin's record for predicting the 1st round some people may need to rethink their opinions on Lawson.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Interesting that he has Lawson going to us ahead of both Wimbley and Carpenter. Considering Gosselin's record for predicting the 1st round some people may need to rethink their opinions on Lawson.
I'd wait til his "official" mock comes out in a few days.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I have Cowboys taking Manny Lawson with my 18th pick...
Same here. I'm just saying that for Gosselin's most accurate mock draft, I'd wait til his last one later this week.

Anyone have any idea when its coming out? Thursday? Friday?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
theogt said:
Same here. I'm just saying that for Gosselin's most accurate mock draft, I'd wait til his last one later this week.

Anyone have any idea when its coming out? Thursday? Friday?

Next Monday. :eek: