Rick Spielman... wow

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Watching NFL draft special re-run right now. I have a couple questions. How was this guy EVER a GM of an NFL football team? And how is he getting paid to be on TV? He has said almost every single prospect's name wrong. Santana Holmes, Anthony Cromatie, giving us Glass-hip Allen, and just having horrible grammar all around. He is terrible.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
littlewebs said:
Watching NFL draft special re-run right now. I have a couple questions. How was this guy EVER a GM of an NFL football team? And how is he getting paid to be on TV? He has said almost every single prospect's name wrong. Santana Holmes, Anthony Cromatie, giving us Glass-hip Allen, and just having horrible grammar all around. He is terrible.

I agree. Out of all the people it had on that show, he was easily the one with the least amount of knowledge.

And that's saying A LOT.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I wasnt too impressed with him or his picks. I kept thinking no wonder some of these teams suck for so long they hire people like that.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I liked the idea...they were trying to get a former gm on the show...I think that's interesting. Unfortunately, the guy isn't a draft geek...he's unemployed and probably just didn't spend 1000 hours of preparation for the show.

I got the feeling that all of them were simply using Kiper's draft report anyway....they'd occasionally deviate from his picks, but they don't study the college game or players all year, so I'm sure they were just reading up on players a little.

It was an entertaining show, not meant as their MOCK DRAFT, as a prediction....it was more like the mock draft held here...everyone takes turns picking for other teams just for the fun of it.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
It was an entertaining show, not meant as their MOCK DRAFT, as a prediction....it was more like the mock draft held here...everyone takes turns picking for other teams just for the fun of it.

It was ok, I wish they would of mixed it up more and went with what they truly would of done instead of like u said using Kiper's big board/mock to guide them.

chicago JK

Reaction score
When watching Spielman on tv please remember he was the guy who gave a very high second round pick for AJ Feeley. :lmao: