Ricky Williams: "be careful who you lie down with, because you can make babies"

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Ricky Williams: I'm still learning
In court for a paternity hearing, Ricky Williams said he's trying to be responsible for his actions.

His hair styled short and 30 pounds lighter, former Miami Dolphins star Ricky Williams appeared in Broward court Tuesday for a hearing in a paternity suit.

In August, a former Miami Beach resident who now lives in Honolulu filed papers asking Williams to pay child support for her 14-month-old son.

Cherie Nicole Clark, 23, claimed that Williams was the father. Williams initially denied having sex with Clark but later acknowledged that they had an ''intimate relationship during the time that the minor child in the proceedings was conceived,'' according to court records.

Williams did not speak during the hearing but afterward told WFOR-CBS 4 that it was important for him to face the judge and own up to his deeds.

''Through the past six months I've started to learn more about myself, and I've started to notice a lot of times when I think I've been treated unfairly, I just walk away. It happened with the Dolphins, and it happened in this,'' he said. ``I'm learning to take more responsibility with my life.''

Clark's attorney, Douglas Reynolds, said the matter was continued Tuesday. The next hearing is March 7.

The notoriously attorney-shy Williams said he's finally given in and hired a lawyer for this case. His new attorney, Marsha Elser, declined to comment in detail about the case but said, ``Ricky supported the child from the beginning. Ricky has supported the child handsomely.''

In court, she estimated that Williams had already spent $120,000 in child support for his son.

The former running back was asked coming out of the courtroom if he talked to new Dolphins coach Nick Saban.

''I don't know. I don't know anything about him,'' Williams said. ``I haven't talked to him.''

Williams said Tuesday that he's enjoying retirement and hopes to work out a fair solution with Clark, whom he described as ''just a girl'' he'd been ``kinda dating for awhile.''

''The lesson that I've learned . . . is just be careful who you lie down with,'' said Williams, ``because you can make babies.''

116554726988.jpg

Never forget screwricky.com

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
''The lesson that I've learned . . . is just be careful who you lie down with,'' said Williams, ``because you can make babies.''
That's sooo deep. :rolleyes: The NFL is sure gonna miss his philosophical expressions.

k19

Reaction score
Seems lil Ricky missed some things during his education. Maybe we should send him a link to our abstinence thread :D

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
''Through the past six months I've started to learn more about myself, and I've started to notice a lot of times when I think I've been treated unfairly, I just walk away. It happened with the Dolphins, and it happened in this,'' he said. ``I'm learning to take more responsibility with my life.''

Isn't that quite ironic...

"I'm not paranoid... it's just that people are out to get me"...