Twitter: Rico throws shade at Witt?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You literally have no idea what your talking about. Practice squad players are free agents. They can sign anywhere at any time. . Nobody is interested in Rico other than us.
When was he available on the practice squad? I'll wait

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Bottom line is he's just simply not good enough. I really don't the obsession some have, he's not an NFL caliber player.
We will have to see when he leaves after this year. Ppl here said the same thing about martellus bennett. Wouldn't be the first time this team or Witten stunted the growth of a good player at the position

Johnny23

Reaction score
Yes, it’s Dak’s fault that a failed college basketball player, hasn’t become a successful NFL football player.
Actually Rico wasn't a failed College Basketball player. He's one of the reasons Baylor basketball has been a consistent top 25 program. He is a former all-American and all Big-12 player. Someone like Harrell for the Clippers or Draymond. Like those guys it he had gone the nba route he was a late first or second round project needing to go to the right team. He was a Rodman like defender and energy guy at Baylor.

He was a big reason why Baylor made good runs in the NCAA tournament when he was playing for them.

Like Antonio Gates who was a pretty solid power forward in the Mac when he played. He was a project player who didn't pan out like Gates and Jimmy Graham who were basketball power forwards turned tight end. With little exposure to the game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We will have to see when he leaves after this year. Ppl here said the same thing about martellus bennett. Wouldn't be the first time this team or Witten stunted the growth of a good player at the position
It's simple. Bennett wasn't better than Witten. Why would you expect the staff to start Bennett over Witten (2008-2011) when Witten was clearly a much better player and teammate?
Even when Bennett got to start he never produced like Witten did. Same with Gathers. He's just not good enough.
It's a competition, the better player/teammate will start. Stunting growth is thrown out the window when you look at the other teams he played on. Bennett was a tool on top of that.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It's simple. Bennett wasn't better than Witten. Why would you expect the staff to start Bennett over Witten (2008-2011) when Witten was clearly a much better player and teammate?
Even when Bennett got to start he never produced like Witten did. Same with Gathers. He's just not good enough.
It's a competition, the better player/teammate will start. Stunting growth is thrown out the window when you look at the other teams he played on. Bennett was a tool on top of that.
Witten was not good when he was with us 2 years ago. His blocking was poor and his 5 yard routes caused defenses to clog the middle.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Witten was not good when he was with us 2 years ago. His blocking was poor and his 5 yard routes caused defenses to clog the middle.
What does that have to do with when Witten and Bennett were on the same team?
Again 2008-2011. There's no way you don't start Witten.
Also again, why didn't Bennett blow it up year to year when he left?

Answer? He's just not that good. Gathers is worse. Their attitudes are probably the same. I don't buy into the conspiracy theory that they faked injuries.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
What does that have to do with when Witten and Bennett were on the same team.
Again 2008-2011. There's no way you don't start Witten.
Also again, why didn't Bennett blow it up year to year when he left?

Answer? He's just not that good. Gathers is worse. Their attitudes are probably the same. I don't buy into the conspiracy theory that they faked injuries.
He posted on twitter on august 28th that he was good to go. Then he was all of sudden he's injured for the year. You believe what you want I guess. It was obvious linehan couldn't go a season without spending road trips with his sex slave kellen moore. So they put gathers on the IR so he wouldn't be poached. But with that he also could not practice as well. So they wasted a year of the kids life hanging out to work on his rap career. That's why he pursued that to begin with. You guys just sit here lying about the kid. He might not be that good but lets keep it 100 that favoritism and politics make more decisions than they should.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He posted on twitter on august 28th that he was good to go. Then he was all of sudden he's injured for the year. You believe what you want I guess. It was obvious linehan couldn't go a season without spending road trips with his sex slave kellen moore. So they put gathers on the IR so he wouldn't be poached. But with that he also could not practice as well. So they wasted a year of the kids life hanging out to work on his rap career. That's why he pursued that to begin with. You guys just sit here lying about the kid. He might not be that good but lets keep it 100 that favoritism and politics make more decisions than they should.
Colorful, but regardless the staff collectively makes the calls. Even if you are wearing a tinfoil hat.
You're in love with a mediocre player. It is what it is.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
His entire rookie season. He was inured all 2017 and had the drug issue in 2018. Anything else I can look up for you? We are competing against ourselves for his services.
The first season was the only time. And we paid him the max possible for a guy on the PS at $499k. So no he would obviously not leave us for another team to make the same money and still not make a roster. 2nd year he was stashed on the IR with no injury. what does the drug thing have to do with him being on the active roster. Again he was available for another team for just his first season. I'm just here to put the facts out there. You guys just have diarrhea of the mouth.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Colorful, but regardless the staff collectively makes the calls. Even if you are wearing a tinfoil hat.
You're in love with a mediocre player. It is what it is.
I could care less about the player. I think this staff is trash, and that is exactly what happened. I'm just putting the facts out there.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Actually Rico wasn't a failed College Basketball player. He's one of the reasons Baylor basketball has been a consistent top 25 program. He is a former all-American and all Big-12 player. Someone like Harrell for the Clippers or Draymond. Like those guys it he had gone the nba route he was a late first or second round project needing to go to the right team. He was a Rodman like defender and energy guy at Baylor.

He was a big reason why Baylor made good runs in the NCAA tournament when he was playing for them.

Like Antonio Gates who was a pretty solid power forward in the Mac when he played. He was a project player who didn't pan out like Gates and Jimmy Graham who were basketball power forwards turned tight end. With little exposure to the game.

I hear what you’re saying.

I didn’t mean he wasn’t good at college basketball.

I mean failed like, didn’t go to the NBA.

I don’t know why a legit NBA prospect who played no football in college, would choose the NFL over the NBA. That seems really dumb to me.

Regardless, the point is. Rico was a LONG shot to make it in the NFL from the get go. Blaming the QB because he hasn’t done anything is stupid. Especially considering the tight ends who keep
Beating him out, have the same QB throwing the ball.

Last edited:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I didn’t mean he wasn’t good at college basketball.

I mean failed like, didn’t go to the NBA.

I don’t know why a legit NBA prospect who played no football in college, would choose the NFL over the NBA. That seems really dumb to me.

Regardless, the point is. Rico was a LONG shot to make it in the NFL from the get go. Blaming the QB because he hasn’t done anything is stupid. Especially considering the tight ends who keep
Beating him out, have the same QB throwing the ball.
Because there are 450 spots in the NBA and 1,700 in the NFL. Dang we need to get better education down south

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Rico perfectly illustrates what it takes to be a receiver on these Dallas Cowboys. Rico is a very athletic guy with the size and speed to be a pro. Unfortunately though, he can't get ten yards of separation on every play or catch everything that he can get a fingertip on which is what it takes to be successful on this team.

This kind of nonsense is easily refuted. If Dak's accuracy is the issue then it's a good thing Rico isn't playing for over half of the other QBs in this league:

The Deep Ball Project

Stop blaming Rico's shortcomings on Dak. He's a basketball player trying to play football.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Because there are 450 spots in the NBA and 1,700 in the NFL. Dang we need to get better education down south

I don’t live in the south. No need to get personal Hennessy.

Bench NBA players make a ton more money than backup NFL players and have longer careers.

The point is, and people can keep skirting it.

Rico has proven nothing in football. He was a major project to begin with and has literally done nothing to show he is an NFL caliber starter.

To be honest he doesn’t even look that impressive when he is on the field, other than being tall.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don’t live in the south. No need to get personal Hennessy.

Bench NBA players make a ton more money than backup NFL players and have longer careers.

The point is, and people can keep skirting it.

Rico has proven nothing in football. He was a major project to begin with and has literally done nothing to show he is an NFL caliber starter.

To be honest he doesn’t even look that impressive when he is on the field, other than being tall.
450 players includes the bench players. Come on fam you are better than this. Rico is too undersized to play the 4 in the league with his skillset. He's not athletic enough to play the 3. NFL was really his only option to play professional sports.

HungryLion

Reaction score
450 players includes the bench players. Come on fam you are better than this. Rico is too undersized to play the 4 in the league with his skillset. He's not athletic enough to play the 3. NFL was really his only option to play professional sports.

I agree with you on that. Which is why I was saying he was a failed basketball player in not getting to the NBA.

I’m not anti Rico. I honestly hope he turns the corner and balls out.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I could care less about the player. I think this staff is trash, and that is exactly what happened. I'm just putting the facts out there.
You mean you couldn't care less? Anyway, yeah. The staff is horrible, we don't have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL or nothing, lol.

HungryLion

Reaction score

For real though man. My main beef in this thread was people trying to blame Dak for him not succeeding.

We got fools posting that Quincy was better than Dak man. This has jumped the shark.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You mean you couldn't care less? Anyway, yeah. The staff is horrible, we don't have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL or nothing, lol.
Yeh damn autocorrect on the phone. Yes the staff is horrible one of the most talented rosters in the league that has gone where exactly?