Ring of Honor and the Triplets

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
I think it would be great if the Cowboys inducted all three triplets into the ROH at the same time. Is there any way to contact the Cowboys office or Jerry Himself by email to suggest this and let him know this is what the fans want.

Discuss

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I think it would be great if the Cowboys inducted all three triplets into the ROH at the same time. Is there any way to contact the Cowboys office or Jerry Himself by email to suggest this and let him know this is what the fans want.

Discuss

I would rather see each man get his own day in the spot light. I agree that all 3 should and will be in the ROH as well as the HOF but let them have a day of their own

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it's a hot idea. I think each is so great that they need to be honored separately.

And Jerry being the marketing guy he is would want to honor them separately also.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
I think they (the 3) need to be inducted all at once because they would have been nothing without each other. They fed off of each others energy and leadership.It would only be right to induct them at the same time.Think of the coverage the media would bring for that day!Not only would the NFL network cover it, but probably the network covering the game as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
djdoug said:
I think they (the 3) need to be inducted all at once because they would have been nothing without each other. They fed off of each others energy and leadership.It would only be right to induct them at the same time.Think of the coverage the media would bring for that day!Not only would the NFL network cover it, but probably the nerwork covering the game as well.

I think that is a bit strong to say each man would have been nothing without the other 2. All 3 players were top players at their own position

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Maybe in the same year, but spread it out over three home games inducting each separately.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Waffle said:
Maybe in the same year, but spread it out over three home games inducting each separately.

I think it should be multiple years. Irvin immediatly, Aikman next year and then Emmitt the year after that. Futher, I would like to see it done on Thanksgiving and I would really like to see Emmitt and Moose go in at the same time.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I think it should be multiple years. Irvin immediatly, Aikman next year and then Emmitt the year after that. Futher, I would like to see it done on Thanksgiving and I would really like to see Emmitt and Moose go in at the same time.

That idea would work for me too. I just don't think they (The Triplets) should go in at the same time.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Waffle said:
That idea would work for me too. I just don't think they (The Triplets) should go in at the same time.

Me either. I think they should all go in soon but not on the same day.

Moose works for me because, in my mind, Emmitt's record is also his. Kinda screwy, I know, but that's just the way I see it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
djdoug said:
I think they (the 3) need to be inducted all at once because they would have been nothing without each other. They fed off of each others energy and leadership.It would only be right to induct them at the same time.Think of the coverage the media would bring for that day!Not only would the NFL network cover it, but probably the nerwork covering the game as well.

They would have been nothing without each other?

These guys would have been very successful in most circumstances on other teams--- not all teams but a lot of them. Especially Aikman.

There is no doubt in my mind that if he had been in a passing offense he would have put up some huge numbers.

Irvin was gifted. He could have succeeded in a lot of places.

Emmitt may not have been the NFL rushing leader if he had played for other organizations but he too would have been very good.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
Me either. I think they should all go in soon but not on the same day.

Moose works for me because, in my mind, Emmitt's record is also his. Kinda screwy, I know, but that's just the way I see it.

Nice thought ABQ but Moose won't ever get in. Not at least in our lifetimes. :)

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
I think inducting each one at a time would be great. My reasoning behind my reply is this.Look at each network's Star Trak.Where did that come from?The Trips.Would all three would have had the careers without each other?Maybe.Would Emmitt be the all time leading rusher without Michael spreading out the defense and Troy's ability to read and pick apart the defense?Maybe. I just feel they are who they are because of each other.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
They better get Aikman in there soon, or he will go into the HoF before the RoH. If jerry lets that happen, its a slap in the face of Troy and all us Boys fans who rooted our little hearts out for him, held our breath as Arrington hit him and cried at the retirement PC.

All three going in at once would be just incredible. I think also Troy and Emmitt going in with Irvin would have to help Michael get into the HOF with one of them or the year after Emmitt goes in.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:

Discuss

Good Call BigDFan and djdoug ;)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Good Call BigDFan ;)

LOL!!!!

Don't strain yourself there BigD. BTW, I did not notice where it said all these players would go in at the same time. From what I could tell, it said that they would all go in in the same year. I could be wrong thou.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
LOL!!!!

Don't strain yourself there BigD. BTW, I did not notice where it said all these players would go in at the same time. From what I could tell, it said that they would all go in in the same year. I could be wrong thou.

No strain at all LOL as to where it said all in one game its right there in the article on dc.com

"Jones will officially make the announcement at a 6 p.m. press conference Wednesday at the Stadium Club in Texas Stadium. He will also announce the game at which the induction takes place. It would seem likely Jones would pick one of the early-season home games against either Washington (Sept. 19), Philadelphia (Oct. 9) or the New York Giants (Oct. 16). With Aikman's obligations to Fox and Irvin's to ESPN, this will be a fine juggling act to get all three players at Texas Stadium at the same time. "

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
No strain at all LOL as to where it said all in one game its right there in the article on dc.com

"Jones will officially make the announcement at a 6 p.m. press conference Wednesday at the Stadium Club in Texas Stadium. He will also announce the game at which the induction takes place. It would seem likely Jones would pick one of the early-season home games against either Washington (Sept. 19), Philadelphia (Oct. 9) or the New York Giants (Oct. 16). With Aikman's obligations to Fox and Irvin's to ESPN, this will be a fine juggling act to get all three players at Texas Stadium at the same time. "

To me, this says that "It would seem likely". I mean, it could happen but I don't see anything that confirms this. To be honest, because of the various scheduling difficulties, it would seem to be easier if all three were inducted at different times.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
To me, this says that "It would seem likely". I mean, it could happen but I don't see anything that confirms this. To be honest, because of the various scheduling difficulties, it would seem to be easier if all three were inducted at different times.

I dont think they would have made this article and had a press conference to announce they are all going in at the same time if they didnt think it would happen

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I dont think they would have made this article and had a press conference to announce they are all going in at the same time if they didnt think it would happen

They have a press confernece every year to announce who will be inducted. Not all of them go in at the same time.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
They have a press confernece every year to announce who will be inducted. Not all of them go in at the same time.

The article says they are all going in at the same time. I seriously doubt they would put that on their site if it werent true. Dont ya think :)