RIP Bart Starr

lukin2006

Reaction score
RIP Bart Starr

61423479_10157353490011263_8441040612857217024_n.jpg

FloridaRob

Reaction score
The 1st game I remember watching was the Icebowl. Brothers and Dad were cowboys fans and I remember being adverserial and pulling for the Packers. Little did I know I would become a Packers fan that day with Bart Starr my football hero. After that playing in the back yard I was Bart Starr. RIP Bart. I wish you could have made it back to Lambeau this year. Tough day for Packers fans. You guys would know the feelign after losing Don Meredith a few years ago. Those guys were special.

cowboyec

Reaction score
greatest packer QB in my opinion.
RIP.
prayers to his family and fmr teammates.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Between Starr's death, the Bucks getting knocked out of the NBA playoffs, and the Badgers' assistant basketball coach losing his wife and daughter in a car wreck, its probably been a pretty tough day to be a sports fan in Wisconsin. :(

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Bart Starr was a lot like Troy Aikman, to me, in terms of how people viewed his career. Everybody always said that he was not great because he was surrounded by HOF players. Well, somebody had to pull the trigger, somebody had to make it all work and that was Bart Starr. Pretty humble guy, never really showed up in the papers for anything other then what you saw on the field.

What is the best thing you can say about a person? Honestly, I don't know but I will say this, I never heard one person say one bad thing about Bart Starr. I kinda feel like that says a lot.

RIP Bryan Bartlett Starr (January 9, 1934 – May 26, 2019)

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Starr was on of the greats. He was the architect of much Dallas Cowboys heartache, and I have nothing but respect for him for that and the great leader and QB that he was.

RoboQB

Reaction score
2x Super Bowl MVP and champion
5x NFL Champion
5x NFL Passing Leader
1966 NFL MVP
NFL 1960s All-Decade Team
Hall of Fame inductee in 1977
Jersey retired (one of only 5 Packers with this honor)

He was coached by Bear Bryant at Alabama and Vince Lomardi as a pro.
I'm guessing they both thought he was pretty damn good.

More than that, Bart Starr was class personified. What a great way to be remembered.

R.I.P.