RIP: Don Perkins (FB: 1960-68)

Motorola

Reaction score
To all the young fans who don't know about Don Perkins: Don Meredith and Don Perkins were the second and third members of the Ring of Honor (Mr. Cowboy, Bob Lilly was the first).

There's a REASON they're both in the ROH. 'Nuf said.
Growing up in Taylor, Texas - when the guys gathered to play football on a big grass field across the street from my parents' home - just as many of us pretended to be Don Perkins as much as the other Cowboys stars.

Truck

Reaction score
When I gave my grandpa the news, he got sad pretty quick. Just like a lot of you, Gramps said Perkins was one of our greats.

Rest In Peace, and condolences to his family.

:starspin:

Creeper

Reaction score
Hard to believe he was 84 years old. Makes me feel really old myself. He was an outstanding player. I love all the stories I am reading about him. May he rest in peace.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jun 9: Rest in peace: Former Dallas Cowboy Don Perkins (FB: 1960-68) passed away today in Albuquerque, NM; he was 84.

https://www.krqe.com/sports/local-sports/don-perkins-unm-and-dallas-cowboys-legend-dies/

Don_perkins_cowboys.jpg

A good lad forever running on the fields of autumn.
R.I.P.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I’m not of the generation that watched the 60’s guys play, but when my old man talked about past Cowboys, Perkins was always on the same pedestal as Roger Staubach.

Blimey!
I hope your dad and pals need got caught up in the Meredith-or-LeBaron debate.

Team Meredith!