RIP Our little princess, Winnie

Creeper

Reaction score
Sadly, our little dog Winnie passed away this morning at the age of 15. She was a rescue we picked up about 11 years ago. She was a Yorkie-Chihuahua mix and weighed only about 3 lbs. When we got her she didn't trust us for a long time but over the years that trust developed because we treated he like the princess of the palace.

She's been battling kidney disease for a few years. At some point I might rant about the veterinary care she received but right now we will just remember Winnie. In the last year she went deaf and blind. But she was otherwise happy to be in our arms all the time.

We knew this day was coming for some time. We just wanted her to be comfortable and to spend her final days at home. Last night, after eating a very hearty meal, she began to pant and her breathing became very labored and shallow. This morning she died in my wife's arms as comfortable as we could make her.

We will miss her, as we miss all of the furry friends we had the pleasure of meeting. I really do hope they are waiting for us when we pass.

Creeper

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone for your thoughts. I know a lot of people have gone through this, more than once unfortunately. In this case we expected it and did our best to make her comfortable throughout her ordeal. We would liked to have kept her around longer but she fought her disease hard and endured some difficult days. In the end, I think she enjoyed her life in our home - since she ran it!

Thanks again.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sadly, our little dog Winnie passed away this morning at the age of 15. She was a rescue we picked up about 11 years ago. She was a Yorkie-Chihuahua mix and weighed only about 3 lbs. When we got her she didn't trust us for a long time but over the years that trust developed because we treated he like the princess of the palace.

She's been battling kidney disease for a few years. At some point I might rant about the veterinary care she received but right now we will just remember Winnie. In the last year she went deaf and blind. But she was otherwise happy to be in our arms all the time.

We knew this day was coming for some time. We just wanted her to be comfortable and to spend her final days at home. Last night, after eating a very hearty meal, she began to pant and her breathing became very labored and shallow. This morning she died in my wife's arms as comfortable as we could make her.

We will miss her, as we miss all of the furry friends we had the pleasure of meeting. I really do hope they are waiting for us when we pass.
I’m very sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are part of the family, and loss is never easy. I had a Yorkie-Pomeranian mix and your story is similar to my own. My condolences.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thanks, everyone for your thoughts. I know a lot of people have gone through this, more than once unfortunately. In this case we expected it and did our best to make her comfortable throughout her ordeal. We would liked to have kept her around longer but she fought her disease hard and endured some difficult days. In the end, I think she enjoyed her life in our home - since she ran it!

Thanks again.
Yeah, some people are so afraid of letting go that they'll let the animal suffer, just so they don't have to say goodbye. I'm glad you're not one of them. (Not that I would have thought otherwise.)
There comes a time when the best thing is a peaceful end.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Losing a pet is losing family. It hurts just as bad. You gave her a good life….. :thumbup: