RIP Roman Gabriel

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
rip Roman Gabriel. He started the first full football game in which I watched all 4 quarters. I had popped games on before incl SB IV and V but wasn't into it yet. In school kids kept talking about this new thing called Monday Night Football so I watched a bit of LA-SF but fell asleep. 10 days later the Rams (who was like a placeholder favorite team for my first 10 days) played Dallas on Thanksgiving. And man oh man those Cowboys and that Staubach just blew me away and I have been a Dallas fan ever since.

Anyway to turn this into yet another Dak thread, sorry. Gabriel looks like a good comp. Very good QB, won the league MVP in his 7th year. But he was a perrenial playoff loser and after 11 years with LA, finished his career with the lowly (at the time) Eagles. The Rams got a nice package in a trade for his after his 11th year. Excellent career. Looked like a league best at his peak in mid career. But ultimately the Rams got much better right after they made the change to someone new.
Next few years should be interesting.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rip Roman Gabriel. He started the first full football game in which I watched all 4 quarters. I had popped games on before incl SB IV and V but wasn't into it yet. In school kids kept talking about this new thing called Monday Night Football so I watched a bit of LA-SF but fell asleep. 10 days later the Rams (who was like a placeholder favorite team for my first 10 days) played Dallas on Thanksgiving. And man oh man those Cowboys and that Staubach just blew me away and I have been a Dallas fan ever since.

Anyway to turn this into yet another Dak thread, sorry. Gabriel looks like a good comp. Very good QB, won the league MVP in his 7th year. But he was a perrenial playoff loser and after 11 years with LA, finished his career with the lowly (at the time) Eagles. The Rams got a nice package in a trade for his after his 11th year. Excellent career. Looked like a league best at his peak in mid career. But ultimately the Rams got much better right after they made the change to someone new.
Next few years should be interesting.
I appreciate the effort, but why wake up the AntiDaksters?
RIP Roman, I remember watching him when I was a kid.

kskboys

Reaction score
Roman Gabriel, the Phillipino cannon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP.