Rob Rang's top 10 draft prospects

chicago JK

Reaction score
1. Haloti Ngata - DT - Oregon*Massive. Athletic. Dominating. 2. Aaron Rodgers - QB - Cal* The best Tedford product yet? 3. Erasmus James - DE - WisconsinNation's most explosive rusher. 4. Justin Miller - CB - Clemson* Shutdown coverage and a playmaker. 5. Derrick Johnson - OLB - TexasThe best all-around OLB in years. 6. Mathias Kiwanuka - DE - BC*Jevon Kearse-like potential. 7. Antrel Rolle - CB - MiamiTop ten? Not as dominant as hyped. 8. Braylon Edwards - WR - Michigan Emerged as 2005's dominant receiver. 9. Ronnie Brown - RB - AuburnMore potential than Cadillac. 10. Mike Williams - WR - USC**
Year off field can never help stock.

ddh33

Reaction score
Is it good news or bad news that this team will probably be able to have a shot at two of those ten?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
ddh33 said:
Is it good news or bad news that this team will probably be able to have a shot at two of those ten?

At this point that is good news. If this were Sept. then it would be bad news. Hey, I'm looking for the silver lining! :D

Source

Reaction score
chicago JK said:
1. Haloti Ngata - DT - Oregon*Massive. Athletic. Dominating. 2. Aaron Rodgers - QB - Cal* The best Tedford product yet? 3. Erasmus James - DE - WisconsinNation's most explosive rusher. 4. Justin Miller - CB - Clemson* Shutdown coverage and a playmaker. 5. Derrick Johnson - OLB - TexasThe best all-around OLB in years. 6. Mathias Kiwanuka - DE - BC*Jevon Kearse-like potential. 7. Antrel Rolle - CB - MiamiTop ten? Not as dominant as hyped. 8. Braylon Edwards - WR - Michigan Emerged as 2005's dominant receiver. 9. Ronnie Brown - RB - AuburnMore potential than Cadillac. 10. Mike Williams - WR - USC**
Year off field can never help stock.

Haloti Ngata - DT - Oregon*
Mike Williams- WR- USC**

Should be the Cowboys two picks...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Source said:
Mike Williams- WR- USC**

No way we get both of those... but one of them and Marlin Jackson is a possibility...

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
i watched ngata the other night and wasn't impressed with him at all. i think he's a 2nd rounder right now.

someone i was impressed with was gabe watson from michigan. he was doubled all game vs. ohio st and they just couldn't move him. he's not much of a pass rusher but he just eats up blockers and shuts down the middle running game.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Source said:
Mike Williams- WR- USC**

1. Mike Williams

2. Antrel Rolle

RD2. Real FS and move Roy to SS.

That is the basket we should be putting our eggs in.

Bobo

Reaction score
I've been thinking a really big guy in the middle, but I wounder if Marcus Spears could be used in the middle? He's more DT size at 6-4 300. But what's more intersting is he's about right for a 3-4 end. But that 3-4 thing is a whole nother discusion ;)

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I don't think he is including underclassmen in this list. I think Rodrique Wright(TEXAS) is expected to come out and is considered a great run stopper who can rush the passer.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
I don't think he is including underclassmen in this list. I think Rodrique Wright(TEXAS) is expected to come out and is considered a great run stopper who can rush the passer.

Isn't he injury-prone?

Roughneck

Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
Rod ain't coming out. He's been injured all year long and that's hurt his stock severely. He'll be a First Rounder in 2006 though. Book it.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
I could see why one wouldn't be impressed with Ngata's performance the other night. 7 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 FF and one sack.

That's way too much production from a DT for a Cowboys fan to be able to handle.

FF's from the Cowboys DL this year?

1 by Glover.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Ngata is an incredible talent but is even more injury prone than Rod Wright. He missed most or all of last year with a major knee injury and there is speculation that it is still nagging and that is why he hasn't been able to come back and dominate like he's capable of. Right now he's probably a 2nd rounder.