Twitter: Robert Quinn "The Racing Lizard"

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Why can't fans just roll with something and look for the best and have some fun with it instead of taking a crap on everything.
because marinelli sucks and after the rams debacle which was a defensive coaching disaster he still somehow has a job

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy was hyperventilating for joey ivie. Lets not go down this road

People love to overexaggerate these kinds of things. Much like the tabloid media, and fans fall for it hook line and sinker.

Sure Marinelli thought Ivie was a great pick for the point in the draft he was chosen in, and he loved his motor and thought had a chance to be make the team and contribute. And apparently he was wrong. But some fans have expanded that into an ongoing suggesting that Marinelli thought Ivie was a special and unique player who would be a standout. If fans read too much into what the tabloid sports media tells them, that's on them, not Marinelli.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
People love to overexaggerate these kinds of things. Much like the tabloid media, and fans fall for it hook line and sinker.

Sure Marinelli thought Ivie was a great pick for the point in the draft he was chosen in, and he loved his motor and thought had a chance to be make the team and contribute. And apparently he was wrong. But some fans have expanded that into an ongoing suggesting that Marinelli thought Ivie was a special and unique player who would be a standout. If fans read too much into what the tabloid sports media tells them, that's on them, not Marinelli.
He loved taco too. He thinks crawford the jag is the best thing ever.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He loved taco too. He thinks crawford the jag is the best thing ever.

I'm not sure if he "loved" Taco, but he apparently thought Taco was the best choice of what was available at the time. Taco is looking like a failure so far.

But why the need to continually exaggerate with comments like "loved" and "the best thing ever". Why can't it be that he has misjudged some players instead of suggesting he thought every player that isn't as good as hoped was going to be great?

And let's be fair about Crawford. While I didn't understand the contract he got a few years ago (and still don't), Marinelli has treated him as a quality rotational guy, not a standout or a set in stone starter. Crawford has been shuffled between DT and DE as needed, and meanwhile the team has drafted both DTs and DEs and clung too long to David Irving to fill those spots.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
because marinelli sucks and after the rams debacle which was a defensive coaching disaster he still somehow has a job

I prefer he be gone, said that a few years ago, as I said it about Garrett also. But they are here, and are the coaches, so I still pull for them and success.
I don't think Marinelli totally sucks, but his schemes are outdated, as Landry's became outdated.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And humans if you just lay there and don't run. :laugh:
They can run 13mph which roughly translates to a sub 6.0 second forty.

NFL players would be OK but anybody as slow or slower than Rich Eisen would be in trouble.

If there is more than 1 of them then your odds decrease...

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I'm not sure if he "loved" Taco, but he apparently thought Taco was the best choice of what was available at the time. Taco is looking like a failure so far.

But why the need to continually exaggerate with comments like "loved" and "the best thing ever". Why can't it be that he has misjudged some players instead of suggesting he thought every player that isn't as good as hoped was going to be great?

And let's be fair about Crawford. While I didn't understand the contract he got a few years ago (and still don't), Marinelli has treated him as a quality rotational guy, not a standout or a set in stone starter. Crawford has been shuffled between DT and DE as needed, and meanwhile the team has drafted both DTs and DEs and clung too long to David Irving to fill those spots.
He made Ty Craw a captain lol. please stop

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He made Ty Craw a captain lol. please stop
Captain is about leadership, not star power, and it doesn't change the facts that I put into my last post. Crawford does is not treated as a set starter and has never been given a set position.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Captain is about leadership, not star power, and it doesn't change the facts that I put into my last post. Crawford does is not treated as a set starter and has never been given a set position.
You don't even know what you are talking about, he starts every game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrawTy00.htm

You are so worried about arguing with the homie that you just start spewing false non sense.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't even know what you are talking about, he starts every game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrawTy00.htm

You are so worried about arguing with the homie that you just start spewing false non sense.

He also rotates every game, and he may be at DT or DE at any time. Also, if Taco had worked out better and David Irving and Randy Gregory hadn't been so much of an idiot, he would be playing much less. Plus, they signed a couple of free agent DE's, a free agent DT, and used their top draft choice on a DT. He clearly is not being treated as the clear answer to anything, but rather as a steady, reliable player in the rotation.

kskboys

Reaction score
He also rotates every game, and he may be at DT or DE at any time. Also, if Taco had worked out better and David Irving and Randy Gregory hadn't been so much of an idiot, he would be playing much less. Plus, they signed a couple of free agent DE's, a free agent DT, and used their top draft choice on a DT. He clearly is not being treated as the clear answer to anything, but rather as a steady, reliable player in the rotation.
And here's the sad part. Here's a quote from the 2014 season: "Crawford was moved from DE to DT when the season started to replace the disappointing Melton. Crawford took to the new role like a fish to water and should be ready to take off in 2015 as a pocket collapsing 3 tech."

However, we keep playing him at DE.

And we've done the same thing w/ Maliek. Had 5 sacks as a rook at the 3, so they moved him to NT.

Our refusal/inability to fill the DL w/ quality guys has resulted in playing guys out of position which in turn has resulted in sub par play.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
zzzzzzzzzzz...........fam, your backpedal game is so strong, you should be playing corner

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No backpedal at all. Just a lack of comprehension on your end.
Lol he doesn't start games he's a rotation guy. Looks at stats sees he starts every game lol. Dang even my wife will concede once in a while. You are a real gem.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol he doesn't start games he's a rotation guy. Looks at stats sees he starts every game lol. Dang even my wife will concede once in a while. You are a real gem.

Try reading the words instead of what you want to read. That's what got you screwed up to begin with - instead of reading what Marinelli says you either read what you want to believe or just let the media tell you how to think.

What I said was that Crawford was not treated as a "set starter and has never been given a set position". And I have repeatedly explained that the team has had players that would have changed his playing status had they not been idiots (Gregory & Irving), or failures (Taco). Injuries also play a part in his snap count as Collins missed a number of games last year.

But wait, why actually read the full comment when you can take a snippet and use it to mean what you want …

You ARE the tabloid media.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And here's the sad part. Here's a quote from the 2014 season: "Crawford was moved from DE to DT when the season started to replace the disappointing Melton. Crawford took to the new role like a fish to water and should be ready to take off in 2015 as a pocket collapsing 3 tech."

However, we keep playing him at DE.

And we've done the same thing w/ Maliek. Had 5 sacks as a rook at the 3, so they moved him to NT.

Our refusal/inability to fill the DL w/ quality guys has resulted in playing guys out of position which in turn has resulted in sub par play.

The biggest issue is that the best position for Crawford is LDE but that's DLaw's position. LDE in this scheme is played differently than RDE (most of a 5-tech vs 7-tech at RDE).

If the Cowboys had a great RDE and didn't have DLaw then Crawford could likely stay at LDE.

As it is, Crawford is a bit small at 3-tech and not quick enough as a preferred starter at RDE.

Collins played a lot of 1-tech in 2017. The team started the season with two 1-techs but Paea went to IR after 4 games and Price after 8 games. Teams are not going to carry more than two pure 1-techs because the second 3-tech plays about as much as the starting 1-tech (They play both DTs as 3-techs on many obvious passing snaps).

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please enlighten us as to how the adjustments he made at halftime of the Rams playoff game turned out. Oh, that’s riiiiiight ...... we didn’t make any.
The adjustments they needed can't be made at half-time.

They did make some adjustments but they can't implement a major scheme change that they have not practiced.

The Pats saw what the Rams did to the Cowboys and made a scheme change. In very simple terms they swapped the Nickle CB and a LB in regards to their alignment right/left and moved both up to the line. Other players had to change their techniques to make it work but that's the simple description of how the Pats aligned vs the Rams as compared to the Cowboys.

That type of change can't be done at half-time.

The Cowboys probably should have anticipated some things the Rams did but lack of half-time adjustments was not the problem.

The Rams expected the Cowboys to focus on stopping their passing game which is why the Rams game plan was to run the ball.

The alignments the Pats used increased their risk in defending the pass but really mucked up the Rams run blocking scheme.

The Cowboys were unlikely to do anything coming into the Rams game that might weaken their pass defense.

Having a very young roster was also a part of the Cowboys issue.
FS Woods 1st year as starting Safety.
SS Heath (Played FS most of 2017)
OLB LVE Rookie
MLB Jaylon 1st year as full time starter.
Nickel CB Brown Played More Outside previously.
CB Awuzie Only 6 starts in 2017.
CB Jones Played Safety previous 2 years.
DE Gregory Limited experience due to weed issues.
DT Woods 1 game and zero starts prior to 2018.

That leaves DLaw, DT Collins and Crawford who played both DT and DE as the experienced players in the positions they played. They also played Lee more to get some experience on the field at LB but he had not played much in previous weeks and didn't look like himself.