Robert Quinn?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
If Jerry won't hire a coach who will keep these guys playing at max level, don't waste the money.

Mr_437

Reaction score
As cheap as Stephen is come FA time, Quinn should be priced out of range.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I’d make him a solid offer but other than that I’m okay getting younger at the position.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Quinn's sell-out speed rushing style was perfect for a Marinelli RE, but a new DC might install a different system. For me, it depends on which coaches we hire.

Yep. He routinely ran himself right out of running plays.

Kaiser

Reaction score
He will be 30 next season. I say we lock him up for a two year, 20 million deal. 10 per plus some incentives added

I think its something like that but first both sides will wait to see if he gets a crazy offer in FA. I think the deal will be more incentives-based though.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Ironically, the loss of Crawford this year really hurt the Cowboys DL rotation. They were better with Crawford in the lineup. That said, I would definitely extend Quinn an offer.

It did but they traded for Bennett to fill that spot. Crawford is better against the run and Bennett is better against the pass, but they are both similar players for that 5th DL spot.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
He will be 30 next season. I say we lock him up for a two year, 20 million deal. 10 per plus some incentives added

I’ll see your 2/$20M, and add an additional year to help spread out the $$$ (give him 3/$30M with $16M guaranteed) with a last year base of $10M and no guarantees......he could literally have base salaries of $1M and $3M the first 2 seasons.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I'm fine either way honestly. Robert Quinn will almost certainly be worth a 3rd round comp pick if he signs somewhere else.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
:omg:

Whatever you’re smoking/drinking, try to market it......because, if you were going for the “I’m so high/drunk right now I can’t feel me own skin” vibe, you’ve obviously achieved it. You’d make a TON of $$$$

:huh:
On the old DC.com site if a post was written in purple it meant sarcasm. Just FYI.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Quinn's sell-out speed rushing style was perfect for a Marinelli RE, but a new DC might install a different system. For me, it depends on which coaches we hire.
Every system has room for those guys. The good thing is that there are a couple of them on the market but few teams who would be interested in that type of player, and there are some bigger names out there who will get a lot of attention. That should drive price down.

Clowney, Ngakoue, Bud Dupree, Barrett, and Judon are all likely going to be in the $15-20m range, and then guys like JPP, Lawson, and M Bennett should find homes without a problem. So teams looking just for pass rushers are going to be in on Quinn, Vic Beasley, maybe Addison. Those 3 guys should all depress the market for each other and are all effectively the same player in terms of how they can help a defense, and that's not accounting for cheaper options who are only slight downgrades, like Mayowa or Golden.