Robin Williams...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Yep... it was a great show...

I think Robin Williams does real well in dramatic roles... and of course... he is sometimes funny... I was just never a big fan of that type of humor... Martin Short is the same way... immensley talented... just not my cup o' tea...

Martin Short annoys me... don't know why, but he does... it appears that other than Robin, our comedic tastes are not too dissimilar...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
I found a lot of his shows on Newsgroups (audio portions only), sadly like most sitcoms he was running on cruise control and it wasn't as edgy and funny as the earlier clips.

I'll have to look up those clips, they might be too large to upload though so I'll probably have to do a yousendit.

BTW - I grew up on the golf course and played 10 years myself, never played pro, then again a 22 handicap and a horrible slice made that decision easy for me...

A good teacher-- like myself (he said immodestly)-- could have improved your game a lot... a slice is EASY to cure... I had a near 100 per cent success rate with pupils who came to me with that problem...

Of course, there was one, LITTLE problem-- the way you teach somebody how not to slice a ball is to teach him to hook it... and in a few weeks, that student is usually coming back to me for help with his wildly uncontrollable hook... sometimes, I felt like a drug dealer, teaching them how to beat their problem, knowing that in a week or two or three, he'd be coming back to me for help with his NEW problem... LOL...

I was always a better teacher of the game than a player, because I could never putt worth a crap... oh, I didn't have many 3 putts, I always had a pretty good feel for speed... but I could never read a green too well, so I never made many of the putts you see touring pros rolling in all the time... pisses me off when I see them drop a 15 footer like it's easy...

I once played a Robert Trent Jones course in Wheeling, West Virginia, that was at the time an LPGA tour stop (Speidel)... a mean monster of a course, and I hit 16 greens that day, from the championship tees... the two I missed, I was 3-5 feet off the green, in the fringe...

I shot 74... LOL... didn't make a fargin' thing all day...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
silverbear said:
A good teacher-- like myself (he said immodestly)-- could have improved your game a lot... a slice is EASY to cure... I had a near 100 per cent success rate with pupils who came to me with that problem...

Of course, there was one, LITTLE problem-- the way you teach somebody how not to slice a ball is to teach him to hook it... and in a few weeks, that student is usually coming back to me for help with his wildly uncontrollable hook... sometimes, I felt like a drug dealer, teaching them how to beat their problem, knowing that in a week or two or three, he'd be coming back to me for help with his NEW problem... LOL...

I was always a better teacher of the game than a player, because I could never putt worth a crap... oh, I didn't have many 3 putts, I always had a pretty good feel for speed... but I could never read a green too well, so I never made many of the putts you see touring pros rolling in all the time... pisses me off when I see them drop a 15 footer like it's easy...

I once played a Robert Trent Jones course in Wheeling, West Virginia, that was at the time an LPGA tour stop (Speidel)... a mean monster of a course, and I hit 16 greens that day, from the championship tees... the two I missed, I was 3-5 feet off the green, in the fringe...

I shot 74... LOL... didn't make a fargin' thing all day...

I always strive for the better golf game... it seems to allude me...

I began with a natural draw off the tee... after many pointers from friends it became a banana slice...

I went back to basics and re-tooled my swing... brought my handicap from around 20 down to a semi-respectable 10... then one of my best friends screwed me...

We were playing a Nassau... and I was cleaning his clock... I went into my backswing and he had to interject... "Do you inhale or exhale on your downswing"... well that got me to thinking... to this day I hold my breath during the whole process... rotten bastid... :banghead: