Twitter: Rod had himself another great night

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Kamara is a top 2 back in the league, but Rod had our Dline ready to play against one of the best Olines in the league. Very impressive showing.

Other positives include:
La'el
LBs looked soooo much better than early in the season
Byron continuing to be a lockdown corner
Jarwin's playmaking ability

Must have been some other team I was watching last night then. The Saints were churning out first downs all night long with Kamara up the middle in the run game. The only time we could stop it was down by the GL.

If you want to compliment a Dline, then it should be the Saints Dline. They were the ones that shut down our run game completely. And pressured Dak all game long.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Must have been some other team I was watching last night then. The Saints were churning out first downs all night long with Kamara up the middle in the run game. The only time we could stop it was down by the GL.

If you want to compliment a Dline, then it should be the Saints Dline. They were the ones that shut down our run game completely. And pressured Dak all game long.

Yeah, you were watching the wrong game. The DL I was watching was in the video posted and the one with 5 sacks.

As for the defense as a whole, which wasn't the topic you said they were churning out 1st downs all night, the Saints only had 18 1st downs on 9 drives, so two 1Ds a drive. The average amount of allowed 1st downs in the league is 20.5. And they only had one drive hit double digit players, just like the Cowboys.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, you were watching the wrong game. The DL I was watching was in the video posted and the one with 5 sacks.

As for the defense as a whole, which wasn't the topic you said they were churning out 1st downs all night, the Saints only had 18 1st downs on 9 drives, so two 1Ds a drive. The average amount of allowed 1st downs in the league is 20.5. And they only had one drive hit double digit players, just like the Cowboys.

My bone was with they run defense. Couldn't stop the run when we had to in crunch time.

Quinn and his pass rush were the only bright spot on the night for me.

Saints averaged 4.3 yards a carry last night. Nothing great, but when compared to 2.3 for the Cowboys its pretty obvious which Dline you should be praising and its not ours.

davidariust24

Reaction score
I don't know that I'd be celebrating that considering Teddy Bridgewater was running the show and not Drew Brees.
Drew Brees only managed 10 points last season. Brees is a better passer but he isnt as elusive as Bridewater. We may have sacked Brees more than five times in that game. You're right there is no reason to celebrate especially after a loss

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Kamara has an unusual ability to bounce off of tackles. It's gotta be super frustrating for a defense.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
My bone was with they run defense. Couldn't stop the run when we had to in crunch time.

Quinn and his pass rush were the only bright spot on the night for me.

Saints averaged 4.3 yards a carry last night. Nothing great, but when compared to 2.3 for the Cowboys its pretty obvious which Dline you should be praising and its not ours.
As I've shown your bone shouldnt be with the rush defense. If you need to watch the video again it is in the OP.

Just like me saying Cowboys had 5 sacks last night nothing great, but when compared to the Saints 1 sack it's obvious which Dline you should be praising, and it's not theirs.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Take off your home glasses off and rewatch the game.

Lmao, no explain yourself.

What are you talking about?
"You consider having our LBs and DBs consistently line 8 - 10 yards from the line of scrimmage against the pass a "productive" night? Our D constantly gave up 1st downs at will to the Saints."

Kevinicus

Reaction score
"Couldn't get off the field"

Yet gave up 0 TDs, and 1/2 of the 4 FG drives were short fields due to turnovers.

Drives of (yds):

Yep...so many long drives there by the Saints...:rolleyes:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The Saints problems in the red zone came from them shooting themselves in the foot with penalties.

The Saints had *checks notes*.... ONE penalty in the redzone.

Or 1/3rd as many as they had called in their favor in that same redzone.

So yeah......

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
"Couldn't get off the field"

Yet gave up 0 TDs, and 1/2 of the 4 FG drives were short fields due to turnovers.

Drives of (yds):

Yep...so many long drives there by the Saints...:rolleyes:

And the Dline knocked them out of FG range twice as well.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lmao, no explain yourself.

What are you talking about?
"You consider having our LBs and DBs consistently line 8 - 10 yards from the line of scrimmage against the pass a "productive" night? Our D constantly gave up 1st downs at will to the Saints."
Rewatch the film. Control your hurt feelings.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Not wasting my time on a homer cheerleader.

Yet you keep on replying for the 4th time.
You obviously have a ton of time on your hands, but don't have the means to explain yourself because it was a stupid *** post with no relevance.

"Go rewatch the game" as if I didnt post a link with tape from the game lmao.

I was even going to let you go without burying you further, but you continue. I said I'd let it slide.

100% chance you reply, 0% chance you're able to explain yourself lol

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You consider having our LBs and DBs consistently line 8 - 10 yards from the line of scrimmage against the pass a "productive" night? Our D constantly gave up 1st downs at will to the Saints.

1. What does having the LBs anand DBs 8-10 yards off LOS have to do with Rod and his DL?
Stupid comment #1
2. Against the pass a "productive" night
Nowhere did I mention the word productive yet you quoted it. Stupid comment #2
3. "Our D consistently gave up 1st downs " gave up 18 first downs, when the NFL average is 20.5 and our Offense had 3 turnovers. Stupid comment #50

You are dismissed :bow:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
1. What does having the LBs anand DBs 8-10 yards off LOS have to do with Rod and his DL?
Stupid comment #1
2. Against the pass a "productive" night
Nowhere did I mention the word productive yet you quoted it. Stupid comment #2
3. "Our D consistently gave up 1st downs " gave up 18 first downs, when the NFL average is 20.5 and our Offense had 3 turnovers. Stupid comment #50

You are dismissed :bow:
You're still yapping?