Rodney Hannah

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
Will we see Hannah active on Sunday instead of Curtis if witten is out a long time?

Hannah had a big pre-season & was good with brad out there.

A two tight end set with bennett & hannah might be lethal.

ethiostar

Reaction score
LILLURCH;2381356 said:
Will we see Hannah active on Sunday instead of Curtis if witten is out a long time?

Hannah had a big pre-season & was good with brad out there.

A two tight end set with bennett & hannah might be lethal.

Are you just speculating or do you actually have a source for this information?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Good question... I thought Hannah looked really good in preseason. He's filled out a lot and now he looks like a football player.

And I thought 103.3 said we released Stone and Jefferson, and signed Quincy Butler... So maybe we have an extra roster spot?

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
Hannah's on the PS isn't he?

so we would have to release someone to make him active.

i would like to have him on the field though, i think it's definitely possible that he beats out Curtis for the 3rd TE spot by next year.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
are you serious, no way amendola can play TE he would get killed

as far as hannah playing the cowboys would have to let someone go to bring hannah up from the practice squad

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dont get me wrong, i love Hannah, i think Hannah will make huge strides in offseason and beat out curtis next year, or allow curtis to be traded

links18

Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly describe the combination of bj, hannah and bennet as "lethal." In fact the only thing that is likely to prove lethal for is our playoff hopes.but that goes for anyone we put out there as long as bj is the qb.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Don't diss the Amendola. He blocks really well for a little dude.

I'm not saying you'd want him as a lead blocker in the hole, but cracking down on a DE like Richard Seymour? Child's play.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2381367 said:
Good question... I thought Hannah looked really good in preseason. He's filled out a lot and now he looks like a football player.

And I thought 103.3 said we released Stone and Jefferson, and signed Quincy Butler... So maybe we have an extra roster spot?

I had heard about Butler, but didn't know about Stone and Jefferson being released. I guess Hannah would be a candidate for that extra roster spot. What's his ST's rep?

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2381392 said:
are you serious, no way amendola can play TE he would get killed

as far as hannah playing the cowboys would have to let someone go to bring hannah up from the practice squad

This game is about heart. Amendola would be killer, sliding out every now and again getting coverage on LBs - then it would be Welker time.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
ChrisCanty99;2381421 said:
Don't diss the Amendola. He blocks really well for a little dude.

I'm not saying you'd want him as a lead blocker in the hole, but cracking down on a DE like Richard Seymour? Child's play.

Low center of gravity too, would really make him a handful for a big DE to get leverage against.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Cowboys cut two players
The Cowboys have released WR Mike Jefferson and safety Daren Stone. Jefferson, a former practice squad player, was on the reserve/suspended list for violating the league's substance abuse policy and served a four-game suspension. Stone was signed last week and was inactive for the Bucs game. It leaves one open roster spot.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 03:23 PM | Permalink

joseephuss

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2381453 said:
Cowboys cut two players
The Cowboys have released WR Mike Jefferson and safety Daren Stone. Jefferson, a former practice squad player, was on the reserve/suspended list for violating the league's substance abuse policy and served a four-game suspension. Stone was signed last week and was inactive for the Bucs game. It leaves one open roster spot.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 03:23 PM | Permalink

Everyone was expecting Jefferson to get cut after getting suspended. Dumb decision on his part. Even without his poor decision, getting Austin and Stanback back healthy and trading for Roy Williams left little need for a 6th receiver on the roster.

I guess with that one spot Dallas may go find another CB since Henry has an injury.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
no way, amendola is too small for TE, he would get killed and too small to block

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
it's not about the size of the dog in the fight, joe, it's about the size of the fight in the dog

and besides, who will cover him at TE? he would be unstoppable, the perfect weapon

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2381517 said:
it's not about the size of the dog in the fight, joe, it's about the size of the fight in the dog

and besides, who will cover him at TE? he would be unstoppable, the perfect weapon

I hear he's been hitting the weights pretty hard trying to bulk up since training camp. If he can get to 197, there's no reason not to give him a look at TE. His blocking is superb, and his hands are unparalleled.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2381521 said:
I hear he's been hitting the weights pretty hard trying to bulk up since training camp. If he can get to 197, there's no reason not to give him a look at TE. His blocking is superb, and his hands are unparalleled.

screw trading for a has-been like Tony Gonzalez

we develop TEs