Roethlisberger Best NFL QB?

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
In my opinion he is the best all round NFL QB and I felt that way leading into the playoffs this year. Just look at some of the things he has done. He is a proven winner in the NFL 4 losses in 2 season w0w, Led his team to a superbowl win in his second season, and in his first season led his team to a superb record, made a game saving tackle against the colts how many QB's you see do that? Made a crucial block for randle el on that TD pass how many top QB's throw blocks? He has all the tools he can run, has great throwing power, and is big can avoid the rush, has the smarts, and so on. I know he isnt the most accurate QB but im sure accuracy will come with more experience in his case.

Ya'll think im crazy huh?

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:
In my opinion he is the best all round NFL QB and I felt that way leading into the playoffs this year. Just look at some of the things he has done. He is a proven winner in the NFL 4 losses in 2 season w0w, Led his team to a superbowl win in his second season, and in his first season led his team to a superb record, made a game saving tackle against the colts how many QB's you see do that? Made a crucial block for randle el on that TD pass how many top QB's throw blocks? He has all the tools he can run, has great throwing power, and is big can avoid the rush, has the smarts, and so on. I know he isnt the most accurate QB but im sure accuracy will come with more experience in his case.

Yes, you are crazy, a crack addict if you will...But still, your opinion is swayed by the defense and running game helping him out to great lengths. He was 9-21 with less than a 30 QB rating in the SB. He struggles to find the open WR in 7 step dropbacks and he only throws with accuracy when he has hours of time. He has an arm, but tends to throw the ball either to high or into the ground.

Just watch the SB over again and you will see what I'm saying.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
"led" his team to a SB win? He had maybe the worst stats a winning SB qb ever had and that includes that lucky long pass to Hines.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:

I think he is good and will get better but still Pitt on average had him throw the ball few times compared to every other starting QB in the league. Pitt relied on the run a lot and a very good defense. I think that was a smart move by Pitt not to put the weight of the offense on Roethlisberger

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
There is a guy in Boston that makes Big Ben look like a midget. He won a Super Bowl in his second year- first as a starter, and two more since and two SB MVPs to boot- so lets not get too wild in our praise of old 23 Ben (age and QB rating).

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
The Steelers won the SB in spite of Roethlisberger.

I personally think that Carson Palmer (if he recovers fully) will be the best QB in the NFL for years to come.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:

Ah......NO

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...NO! He may have had good games coming up to the SuperBowl, but his performance on the big stage stunk.

A lack of consistency like that won't get you the honours. The best QB in all of football right now day in and day out is Brady. Whether he has a running game or a good defence or serviceable receivers he is the most consistent.

Until Manning proves that he can solve the 3-4 he doesn't merit the title.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Ben doesn't pass well when his team has failed to run effectively. That's why those 3-4 plays the Steelers made were so big; they couldn't move the ball otherwise.

Tom Brady is by far the best QB in this league with Peyton Manning leading a distant second, Hasselbeck third, and Delhomme and a horde of others are fighting for the remaing spots. QB'ing has declined to pitiful levels while we wait for the stars of Generation Next to emerge.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
good QB, alot of long term upside...but not the top QB in this league BY FAR...

gimmee Brady or Palmer anyday

David

Chuck 54

Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:

I'd love to have Ben on the Dallas Cowboys...he's one of the better young guns, but "the best QB in the NFL?"....Yeah, you are crazy.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
I think he's typical of many young QBs in that he doesn't always get the right amount of touch on the ball. Also he's accurate but not the most accurate. But when it comes down to it, football is a team sport played against another team, not a contest where you stand in line to through the ball through a hoop. Best QB? No. But a football player, and a good one? Yes.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Still Tom Brady best by far. Got to see if Palmer will be good in Postseason as he was in regular season, since he didn't have a chance in post season this year.

Ben Might get there eventually, but his SB performance, left a lot to be desired. So he might be the third best QB in league right now, since what he did in the post season run to get to SB can't be discounted.

Michael Irvin was trying to tell everyone who would listen, that Ben might feel different once he hits the field on SB sunday. Not many would listen to him, but he was right. Big Ben wasn't calm and composed QB he was uptill AFC Championship game.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Just because you are a key cog in a great machine, a cog that is front and center and bigger then the others does not make you more important then the other cogs. I like Ben, think hes a damn good QB, but hes not Manning. Hes not a Montana. I dont think I would label him the best QB. Hes top 5 and can vary amongst those 5 spots week to week, maybe some weeks dropping out of the top 5.

Pittsbugh does not pass enough to expose Bens deficiencies. But he has them.

Too many pple look at numbers and are ready to proclaim someone the best ever. To be the best ever takes longevity at that position, a compliation of numbers equal to or greater then the other top players at that position. (Is Kurt Warner he greatest QB ever, as he was proclaimed to be after his 2nd great year, and then you never hear from him again). Manning and Brady have done both, Manning has not won one yet, but like Elway, he will get his in time, could be like Marino and never win one. But that does not take away from his greatness.

Give Ben some time, He will be up there among the greatest QB's, but it too will be debatable as is Roger and Joe and Steve and Troy.

Verdict

Reaction score
Big Ben is a decent quarterback. Currently he is not a great quarterback, by any stretch of the imagination.

Lets be very objective here. Ben threw a potential game changing pick, that the Seahags should have taken back the other way for a td. What makes the pick worse is that the Steelers were in range for a field goal. That play gave the Seahawks life when the Steelers had the opportunity to start nailing the coffin lid shut. If Bledsoe had made that play you guys would be crucifying him unmercifully.

Ben isn't a horrible quarterback, but lets not confuse him with Joe Montana just yet either.