RoethlisBurger-King™....a joke I hope

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
Steelers QB Signs Superbowl Contract Changing Last Name To RoethlisBurger-King™

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (left) will combine his name and likeness with that of
Burger King spokes-character 'The King' for Superbowl XL.

PITTSBURGH, PA – Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger signed a $40 million dollar advertising contract with Burger King Corporation this weekend, legally changing his last name to RoethlisBurger-King™ for Superbowl XL in Detroit.
“We couldn’t be happier to have signed Ben RoethlisBurger-King™ to our team,” said Burger King spokeswoman Jaime Rupert. “He’s already proven his status as an NFL icon by taking his team to the Superbowl in just his second season; an amazing accomplishment for any quarterback.”
“Plus, he’s already got ‘burger’ in his last name,” added Rupert.
While Ben RoethlisBurger-King™ has promised to donate part of his profits to charity, the quarterback has received flak from fans who say the quarterback is guilty of distracting the team before the biggest game of the year.
“Ben Roethlisberger is a stinking sell-out,” shouted inebriated, unemployed Steelers fan Randy Ainsworth. “They should let me play QB. I obviously care about the team more than his creepy Whopper-slinging-***.”

For his part, RoethlisBurger-King™ assured fans that his corporate sponsorship deal won’t affect his performance on the field.
“In no way will this deal change how I play,” said RoethlisBurger-King™. “I’m still going to give 110% effort and lead this team as best as I can.”
“The only difference is, now every time someone says my name, I get paid! A lot!” continued RoethlisBurger-King™. “It’s a win-win situation!”
In addition to changing his name for the big game, the quarterback also agreed to let his facial likeness be digitally edited to represent that of football-playing Burger King spokes-character ‘The King.’
“’The King’s’ NFL commercials have all proven extremely popular,” explained Burger King CEO Richard Butterworth. “Whether he’s recovering a fumble for a touchdown, doing the ‘Lambeau Leap,’ or re-enacting the finest run of Steve Young’s career, people flat-out love seeing ‘The King’ in action. You can quote me on that.”
The initial contract called for RoethlisBurger-King’s™ entire body to be digitally replaced with ‘The King’ in-real-time during Superbowl XL. However, this suggestion was fought vigorously by the Steelers franchise.
“While we can’t control players selling their names to advertisers,” said Steelers owner Dan Rooney, “we do reserve the right to make sure our starting quarterback is seen wearing a Steelers uniform in the Superbowl.”
After some negotiation, the deal was officially approved by NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue today.
“Burger King has long been an official sponsor of the NFL,” said Tagliabue. “We applaud their advertising ingenuity and encourage our other sponsors to follow suit.”

Following Tagliabue’s suggestion, the Heinz Ketchup Corporation is widely expected to name-sponsor Steeler’s wide receiver Hines Ward tomorrow.
http://img322.*************/img322/971/bigben6jf.jpg

WR Heinz™ Ketchup-Ward embraces QB Ben RoethlisBurger-King™.

i know this is a big post..i thought it was funny enough to share. :laugh2:

Ashwynn

Reaction score
poke said:
Steelers QB Signs Superbowl Contract Changing Last Name To RoethlisBurger-King™

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (left) will combine his name and likeness with that of
Burger King spokes-character 'The King' for Superbowl XL.

PITTSBURGH, PA – Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger signed a $40 million dollar advertising contract with Burger King Corporation this weekend, legally changing his last name to RoethlisBurger-King™ for Superbowl XL in Detroit.
“We couldn’t be happier to have signed Ben RoethlisBurger-King™ to our team,” said Burger King spokeswoman Jaime Rupert. “He’s already proven his status as an NFL icon by taking his team to the Superbowl in just his second season; an amazing accomplishment for any quarterback.”
“Plus, he’s already got ‘burger’ in his last name,” added Rupert.
While Ben RoethlisBurger-King™ has promised to donate part of his profits to charity, the quarterback has received flak from fans who say the quarterback is guilty of distracting the team before the biggest game of the year.
“Ben Roethlisberger is a stinking sell-out,” shouted inebriated, unemployed Steelers fan Randy Ainsworth. “They should let me play QB. I obviously care about the team more than his creepy Whopper-slinging-***.”

For his part, RoethlisBurger-King™ assured fans that his corporate sponsorship deal won’t affect his performance on the field.
“In no way will this deal change how I play,” said RoethlisBurger-King™. “I’m still going to give 110% effort and lead this team as best as I can.”
“The only difference is, now every time someone says my name, I get paid! A lot!” continued RoethlisBurger-King™. “It’s a win-win situation!”
In addition to changing his name for the big game, the quarterback also agreed to let his facial likeness be digitally edited to represent that of football-playing Burger King spokes-character ‘The King.’
“’The King’s’ NFL commercials have all proven extremely popular,” explained Burger King CEO Richard Butterworth. “Whether he’s recovering a fumble for a touchdown, doing the ‘Lambeau Leap,’ or re-enacting the finest run of Steve Young’s career, people flat-out love seeing ‘The King’ in action. You can quote me on that.”
The initial contract called for RoethlisBurger-King’s™ entire body to be digitally replaced with ‘The King’ in-real-time during Superbowl XL. However, this suggestion was fought vigorously by the Steelers franchise.
“While we can’t control players selling their names to advertisers,” said Steelers owner Dan Rooney, “we do reserve the right to make sure our starting quarterback is seen wearing a Steelers uniform in the Superbowl.”
After some negotiation, the deal was officially approved by NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue today.
“Burger King has long been an official sponsor of the NFL,” said Tagliabue. “We applaud their advertising ingenuity and encourage our other sponsors to follow suit.”

Following Tagliabue’s suggestion, the Heinz Ketchup Corporation is widely expected to name-sponsor Steeler’s wide receiver Hines Ward tomorrow.
http://img322.*************/img322/971/bigben6jf.jpg

WR Heinz™ Ketchup-Ward embraces QB Ben RoethlisBurger-King™.

i know this is a big post..i thought it was funny enough to share. :laugh2:

Wow thats funny as hell. Its gotta be a joke. I haven't laughed this hard since Zaxors last bash of Bledsoe.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh2:

Scary thing is there will be people who actually get mad at this thinking it is real.

CoCo

Reaction score
I absolutely love those commercials.

Best series since "Leon".

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
coco2 said:
I absolutely love those commercials.

Best series since "Leon".

Agreed...I was not too keen on them when they were doing the first King commercials where he would be in someones bed our outside their window....but the King/Nfl commercials are great IMO.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
that does it, they just jinxed the steelers, they will surely lose now:rolleyes:

silver

Reaction score
Wow, I'm glad his name didn't include tampax or kotex in it.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score

This is the only part of the article that is true.