ROFL- Marcus Vick dumber than VY?

DizzG

Reaction score
may even weed out some players.

if someone has the talent..it doesnt weed out anything. There has been too many very good to excellent players that havent done that good on this test to crappy players that have done great to have this test be an accurate guide to how someone will do as a football player. NFL Gm's have even admitted this test doesnt prove that. Floyd Reese of the Titans mentioned some of this in one interview I read

joseephuss

Reaction score
DizzG said:
if someone has the talent..it doesnt weed out anything. There has been too many very good to excellent players that havent done that good on this test to crappy players that have done great to have this test be an accurate guide to how someone will do as a football player. NFL Gm's have even admitted this test doesnt prove that. Floyd Reese of the Titans mentioned some of this in one interview I read

But I am not talking about weeding out all players or the very talented players. If a player is already borderline, then this test as a small part of the evaluation process may have just buried the players. Or if a borderline player does very well on the test, teams may evaluate that player a little more.

This thread was focused on Vick. For Marcus Vick, it is another negative in his evaluation process. He isn't physically talented enough to just ignore his wonderlic test score. Also different positions have different criteria. The wonderlic has much less influence for a defensive lineman than it does for a QB.

The wonderlic plays a part. It does influence teams to some degree. Some more than others. Why do you think it doesn't?

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
What's dumb is anyone thinking you can have a bowl of pudding for a brain and still be able to break down a defence in 2 seconds.

:rolleyes:

Here's a hint Pepe... When your post means to rank someone as "dumb", try NOT making SIMPLE mistakes in your spelling. It just SCREAMS, "don't know what I'm talking about" when you do.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasCowpoke said:
When your post means to rank someone as "dumb", try NOT making SIMPLE mistakes in your spelling. It just SCREAMS, "don't know what I'm talking about" when you do.
He does know what he is talking about. Trust me. :D

BigWillie

Reaction score
Did someone actually say they need to prepare for this test?

All the test does is test common sense at a timed pace. How tough is that?

dfense

Reaction score
They had a short version of the test (15 ques instead of 50) a few weeks ago on I think CNNSI. There seems to be 1 math related question for every 5 of other topics. The math questions are trickier than the rest. Some of the most basic questions are crazy easy. Like, If you are 20 and your friend's sister is 27. How old will she be when you're 34? I missed 3 of 15 and one of those was a real dumb mistake on my part. So I got about a 36. I can't see how it's possible to do as bad as a 6 unless you're reeeaalll dumb.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score

ex-lion tamer

Reaction score
The Wonderlic correlates with common IQ tests like the WAIS and the WISC at a level of .86. Its a pretty decent measure of intelligence.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
DizzG said:
Says who? Can you point a study that shows these results? I've taken a version of this test for job interview. No way does it prove someones overall intelligence. I've read several reports over the past few weeks how most teams do far more testing with other methods than this test to look at intelligence. The wonderlic isnt the be all and end all of anything

Quick, name me a QB that has scored less than 22 that has won a Super Bowl.

DizzG

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Quick, name me a QB that has scored less than 22 that has won a Super Bowl.

So you think that any of the QB's that scored less than 22 that havent won a superbowl is due to this stupid test?

Dan Marino is a Hall of Fame QB and score lower than Vince Young.

Steve McNair is a pro bowl QB and former MVP of the NFL who scored lower than Vince Young....was within a play of winning the Superbowl

McNabb is a Pro Bowl QB who has played in the superbowl that matched what Vince Scored..

Your test score doesnt make you a better player. Ask any GM and they will tell you that there isnt much connection to this test and how you actually perform on the field. Floyd Reese said the other day on ESPN radio that he has had players that scored in the 30's on this test that could barely cross the street and others that had low scores that were great football players

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
Henson scored what a 42 on the wonderlic? He didnt exactly tear up NFL-E today. The point is, a good wonderlic doesnt mean squat ( I hope Henson turns it on, but so far every time he has had a limited chance to play, it has been disappointing).

And Marcus Vick could have scored a 50 and he would still be a dumb arse.

I agree this hurts Vick b/c it was a low score in addition to all the other issues he has had. If he would have been fairly trouble free (doing community service b/c of your criminal record doesnt count) and led VT to a Bowl game, I dont think a 11 would have hurt his drft stock much. Right now though, I just cant imagine a team selecting Vick w/ any pick.

As far as Vince Young, I dont think a 15 on the Wonderlic will hurt him that bad as far as his draft stock goes.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
T-New41 said:
Henson scored what a 42 on the wonderlic? He didnt exactly tear up NFL-E today. The point is, a good wonderlic doesnt mean squat ( I hope Henson turns it on, but so far every time he has had a limited chance to play, it has been disappointing).

And Marcus Vick could have scored a 50 and he would still be a dumb arse.

I agree this hurts Vick b/c it was a low score in addition to all the other issues he has had. If he would have been fairly trouble free (doing community service b/c of your criminal record doesnt count) and led VT to a Bowl game, I dont think a 11 would have hurt his drft stock much. Right now though, I just cant imagine a team selecting Vick w/ any pick.

As far as Vince Young, I dont think a 15 on the Wonderlic will hurt him that bad as far as his draft stock goes.
You completely missed the point. A guy with little talent and a high score isn't necessarily going to be a good football player. A player with a lot of talent and an extremely low score, however, may have serious problems with the mental aspect of the game. How accurate the test is and how mentally challenging an offense is are both considerations a scout would have to take into account when ranking draftees. It's a stretch to think that an extremly low score (11 or 15) would not have any effect on the value of the player.

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
theogt said:
You completely missed the point. A guy with little talent and a high score isn't necessarily going to be a good football player. A player with a lot of talent and an extremely low score, however, may have serious problems with the mental aspect of the game. How accurate the test is and how mentally challenging an offense is are both considerations a scout would have to take into account when ranking draftees. It's a stretch to think that an extremly low score (11 or 15) would not have any effect on the value of the player.

I guess that Marino didn't have a hof career b/c he had what a 12 on the wonderlic? McNabb, McNair,and Culpepper, they must have had stinker careers b/c they all scored relatively low on the wonderlic. I can see how knowing the answer to how much 5 newspapers at .99 a piece would cost is relevant to reading defenses. :rolleyes:

MONT17

Reaction score
25. Mary loved pink flowers more than she loved red ones. She didn't like orange flowers at all, and while she liked yellow flowers, she couldn't say that she really loved them. Which of these is true? She liked red flowers less than orange flowers She liked yellow flowers more than red flowers She liked pink flowers more than yellow flowers 27. Kip was on his way to class. He was 5 minutes late leaving and then was stuck in traffic for 10 minutes. He ran into a friend just before arriving at class and talked with her for 13 minutes. How many minutes late was he to class? 10 15 23 28 She liked orange flowers more than pink flowers

29. Organize these words into two logical groups of two: wish, search, hope, look. Wish, search
Hope, look Wish, hope
Search, look Search, hope
Look, wish Wish, look
Search, hope 1. The opposite of pronounced is: Subtle Caring Picturesque Stylish 1. The opposite of pronounced is: Subtle Caring Picturesque Stylish

3. Half of Miks are Maks. One-fourth of Maks are Mokes. If Kerry has 400 Miks, how many Mokes has he got? 50 100 200 300 5. Which of the following character strings is the closest match to 8,392,211,109? 8,382,311,119 8,3925211,129 8,39,2211,208 8,329,211,108 6. Which number completes the series? 1, 3/2, 2, 5/2, ? 3 5/2 5 7/2 6. Which number completes the series? 1, 3/2, 2, 5/2, ? 3 5/2 5 7/2 38. Which of the following has the most spelling mistakes if the correct spelling is: Wichenhausingtonshire? Wichenhausingtonshire Wishenhausingmonshire Wissenhaasimgtomshike Kichenhausingtonshire 0. What is another word for exquisite? Beautiful Atrocious Sturdy Moderate 2. Ken works at a store that is open until 6pm on Monday and Tuesday, 7pm on Wednesdays, and 5pm on Thursdays and Fridays. Ken starts work at noon and works Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. How many hours a week does he work? 10 15 17 18

Sorry i'm not very good at cut and paste!!! some I did twice by mistake... these are the same types of questions football players have to answer on the lic!!!

MONT17

Reaction score
I would redo it but it took me 20 min to post that u get the idea.... I wonder if Cut n paste is on the wonderlic!!!