Roger Goodell contract extension

RoboQB

Reaction score
Damn. I remember when he signed his prior deal he said it would be his last contract as commissioner.
Instead, the demise of the league continues.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Yes I don't need generational wealth. I will live my life and never have to worry again. I would retire the second my contract was up and I had the 60 mil.
Isn't it interesting that people who don't have that type of money say the first thing they would do is retire, yet those that have that kind of money never retire.

Mannix

Reaction score
I’ll be at the draft in KC. If I see that clown I’m going to punch him
That crooked piece of trash will probably be flanked by Willie Lanier and Bobby Bell....probably have on a Len Dawson jersey....anything to curtail the embarrassing boos. The again, the Chiefs get treated like Green Bay and Pittsburgh....so why would they boo.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Isn't it interesting that people who don't have that type of money say the first thing they would do is retire, yet those that have that kind of money never retire.
It's because people who have that kind of money are driven to always have more. I am content. I will never have that money because I don't have the drive.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
despite the fans dislike for him. the NFL is most popular sport in the US. its now a 365 news thing. he has made the league more popular and made the owners lots of money. so why should the owners get rid of him? his job is to make the league more successful and the owners richer. he has done his job to a T

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Damn. I remember when he signed his prior deal he said it would be his last contract as commissioner.
Instead, the demise of the league continues.
Demise? They just negotiated the largest sports media contract in history - $110 billion over 11 years - on multiple platforms.

Hardline

Reaction score
Will any owner that votes against Goodell getting extended be given the "Jerry Jones" treatment?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Goodell despite some criticism from fans over his strict Personal Conduct Policy , has emerged as one of the great Commissioners in modern history navigating thru several controversial issues while continuing to grow the iconic shield representing the owners.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It’s like Hell extending Lucifer’s tenure……looking forward to the extension of a corporation more interested in public relations rather than protecting the sanctity of the game of football
This is 100% correct. RG has been a disaster and I bet if you polled the fans 80pct would rip the guy. It doesn’t matter though because the dumb owners are all in on virtue signaling, going international, and “expanding” the fan base. RG is part of the club. Real fans can eat the sheet sandwich.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
This is 100% correct. RG has been a disaster and I bet if you polled the fans 80pct would rip the guy. It doesn’t matter though because the dumb owners are all in on virtue signaling, going international, and “expanding” the fan base. RG is part of the club. Real fans can eat the sheet sandwich.
He doesn't work for the fans though, he works for the owners. And profits are at an all-time high. I hate the guy though. From what I have heard he wants to step down, but they have no one in line to replace him. So until they find someone to take his place he is likely "stuck" taking extensions for millions and millions of dollars.

kskboys

Reaction score
RG has been an excellent Commish, navigating this league through very very muddy waters.