Video: Roger Staubach receives Presidential Medal of Freedom

Staubacher

Reaction score
Roger was and is my hero. All my life. My dad bolted when I was very young. I saw Roger as an example of the perfect man, father, person. He always made me believe not only in winning games, but in all that is good in the world. Sounds sappy but it's true.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The only Captain America I ever knew. He made it easy for Tex Schramm to call the Dallas Cowboys America's Team. Naval officer that served in Vietnam, Heisman trophy winner that served in the same branch of the military as my father, the QB that beat Army in the Army vs. Navy game., Honored his commitment to both the country and the Dallas Cowboys as a future pick draft choice, led the Dallas Cowboys to their first and second Super Bowl wins, named Captain Comeback for his many comeback victories in big time games with playoff wins in San Francisco, Minnesota, and his last comeback win was his last game in Texas Stadium beating Washington for the NFC East and playoff spot.

He is a great role model of a husband, father, and family man as he said when asked about Joe Namath playboy life. “I enjoy sex as much as Joe Namath,” Staubach quips. “Only I do it with one girl, ya know, but it's still fun.” He was my hero in business with the Staubach Company a commercial real estate company that sold a property that I never though would find a buyer. Finally, a good friend helping people in life like Bob Hayes, Charlie Waters, Thomas Henderson and in business like Emmitt Smith and Drew Pearson.

Captain America! Leader of America's team both on and off the field.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Full video:

Congratulations, "Captain Comeback" Roger Staubach! Well deserved! Thank you for your service, accomplishments as a Dallas Cowboy, and by giving back to the community through your foundation.

I am just posting for this to stay in the top post for all-time on this forum. Roger Staubach is the reason the Dallas Cowboys became America's Team. He reminds me why I am still a Dallas Cowboys fan even though Jerry has made the team the Dallas Jonesboys.

Now lets get Tom Landry awarded the Medal of Freedom. Tom Landry was a World War II bomber pilot, All Pro Punter/S for the Giants, Dallas Cowboys Head Coach for 29 years, 20 years in a row .500 and plus seasons, 18 playoff appearances in a 20 year span, 12 NFC championship games, 5 Super Bowls games, 2 Super Bowl NFL Championships, created the 4-3 defense used today and revised the shot gun formation that survives today in the spread formations, Trustee member of the fellowship of christian athletes and coaches and chairman of the Dallas Texas fellowship for 30 years, and the only Head Coach to coordinate both the offensive and defensive game plans the majority of his career. He is a cultural and pop Icon "the man in the funny hat", "America's team Head Coach", and for 29 years the only Head Coach the Dallas Cowboys ever had.

I had to pleasure to meet and talk to both Tom Landry and another potential medal of freedom winner Eddie Robinson. These men change lives on and off the field.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I am just posting for this to stay in the top post for all-time on this forum. Roger Staubach is the reason the Dallas Cowboys became America's Team. He reminds me why I am still a Dallas Cowboys fan even though Jerry has made the team the Dallas Jonesboys.

Now lets get Tom Landry awarded the Medal of Freedom. Tom Landry was a World War II bomber pilot, All Pro Punter/S for the Giants, Dallas Cowboys Head Coach for 29 years, 20 years in a row .500 and plus seasons, 18 playoff appearances in a 20 year span, 12 NFC championship games, 5 Super Bowls games, 2 Super Bowl NFL Championships, created the 4-3 defense used today and revised the shot gun formation that survives today in the spread formations, Trustee member of the fellowship of christian athletes and coaches and chairman of the Dallas Texas fellowship for 30 years, and the only Head Coach to coordinate both the offensive and defensive game plans the majority of his career. He is a cultural and pop Icon "the man in the funny hat", "America's team Head Coach", and for 29 years the only Head Coach the Dallas Cowboys ever had.

I had to pleasure to meet and talk to both Tom Landry and another potential medal of freedom winner Eddie Robinson. These men change lives on and off the field.
AMEN.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Full video:

Congratulations, "Captain Comeback" Roger Staubach! Well deserved! Thank you for your service, accomplishments as a Dallas Cowboy, and by giving back to the community through your foundation.

Thanks For This AC . Roger is the best of the best as a player and human being . He has always been my hero and represented everything good about sports and humanity .

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE PINNED FOR ALL TO SEE . MODS DONT LET THIS GET PUSHED TO THE BACK !!!!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Roger Staubach what all men aspire to be. Come on Reality pin this thread . This man made the Dallas Cowboys .

Last edited:

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
The other recipients that join Roger:

Miriam Adelson
Sen. Orrin Hatch
Antonin Scalia
Babe Ruth
Elvis
Alan Page
Staubach > then all of them. I have never been more proud of an athlete EVER. He is a hero for all the right reasons. Jerry can never corrupt the legacy of Staubach or Landry to me. Both were excellent Godly men.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
:starspin::hammer:...:clap: Roger was nothing less than a very top shelf role model for all young Americans. Hooooah!!:)