Video: Rogue One A Star Wars Story 2016

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Man I definately enjoy the boys chat but now I am all Star Wars geeked up and reading everything and of course watching the teaser 30 times...the next Star Wars or opening day man...tough one esp enduring these past twenty years

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I've been reading quite a bit where people don't think the scene with the imperial troopers could be Vader because of the hood ...watch it again the way the character kneels down very Vader esque...and maybe Vader donned the hood as a young Vader still transitioning from Anakin...dang..

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I've been reading quite a bit where people don't think the scene with the imperial troopers could be Vader because of the hood ...watch it again the way the character kneels down very Vader esque...and maybe Vader donned the hood as a young Vader still transitioning from Anakin...dang..

I think the hooded figure is Palpatine. The royal guards are his. Compare the clip to this of Palpatine with the guards.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...r66-AoD.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120612050356

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So where does this story fit in the SW timeline. I'm guessing post-episode 3 pre-episode 4. Is that right?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
So where does this story fit in the SW timeline. I'm guessing post-episode 3 pre-episode 4. Is that right?

Correct.

But much much much closer to 4.

I would not be surprised if the final scene leads into the first scene of a new hope.

For all you nerds out there, it would be like the final scene from Halo Reach leading into the original.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Okaaay. Don't need to see anymore trailers on this one. I am there. :thumbup:

Looks like the prequel to the original trilogy that I actually wanted. This main character is the kind I'm a sucker for, cinematically at least. As much as I enjoyed TFA, it played things very safe.

Is this a one off or will it be a multi-movie arc as well?

Is this story loosely connected to the Star Wars: Dark Forces game from back in the day? Seem to recall it being about stealing Death Star plans.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I'll have no part in this.

Lol

It's tempting... Not that bad.... But for the sake of seeing most everything for real first time.

I won't watch.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Saw info (youtube) that the Rebels capture an Imperial 2 leg Robot, and they reprogram it for help in capturing the Death Star data. And in the trailer, you see this type of Robot running with the Rebels.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
If you clicked into the links you also saw some brief videos about the charity they are on board with.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'll have no part in this.

Lol

It's tempting... Not that bad.... But for the sake of seeing most everything for real first time.

I won't watch.

If you're gonna watch any trailers, this is the one to watch before you shut it down.

That's been my philosophy as well, I only watch the first one or two trailers then I stop.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I think the hooded figure is Palpatine. The royal guards are his. Compare the clip to this of Palpatine with the guards.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...r66-AoD.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120612050356

Yeah but he's kneeling facing the guards, not away from them. There's someone in from of him, between the guards, that the hooded figure is kneeling to, I think.

No idea if it's Vader, but unless this is Palpatine kneeling to Plagueis, it's likely someone else.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yeah but he's kneeling facing the guards, not away from them. There's someone in from of him, between the guards, that the hooded figure is kneeling to, I think.

No idea if it's Vader, but unless this is Palpatine kneeling to Plagueis, it's likely someone else.

Interesting if he is kneeling before someone like Plagueis (if he's a force ghost or something, lol).

"Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying." ―Palpatine

Darth Plagueis was a male Dark Lord of the Sith and the master of Darth Sidious. He acquired considerable knowledge in the field of midi-chlorian manipulation, but was ultimately betrayed and murdered by his own apprentice, in accordance with the "Rule of Two." Sidious later recounted the tale of his master's demise to lure Anakin Skywalker to the dark side.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Star Wars related.... sure, why not...
image.png