Roll the dice

XXLMike

Reaction score
On Hoffman and TJ Bass and take a RB @
24 .

I like what I’ve seen for both Bass & Hoffman - save the OL pick and take Brooks sign Cook and we have 3-5 ball carrying options.

Pivot round 2 and take a DT

And at 24 you may be able to trade Down get another pick and take Trey Benson kid from FSU.

CD
Ferguson / Schoonmaker
Dowdle/ Benson / Cook /
Cooks
Tolbert
Dak
Smith - Bass - Hoffman - Martin- Steele

Sprinkle in with others like Turpin and Brooks, etc.

That’s not a terrible lineup.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Many think that they will select a OLineman in the first. I have seen some mock drafts that might even have them picking a inside DLineman. You never know. They have so many needs

Creeper

Reaction score
I am willing to take a chance with Bass and Hoffman, if necessary, but not to draft a RB in the first round. I am coming around to thinking that the only value pick they will have at 24 is an offensive lineman, unless someone unexpected falls to them. I still think they need help most at DT. Or DE.

I worry that the OTs that fall to 24 will be right tackle projects, or just projects, but they have left themselves in a situation where they almost have to draft an OT. I am getting the feeling they will not move Tyler Smith out to LT unless the situation is dire.

One thing I am certain of, they cannot misfire on their first two picks. After an offseason of inactivity, they must find at least 2 starters in this draft, especially after last year's draft.

nathanlt

Reaction score
24 .

I like what I’ve seen for both Bass & Hoffman - save the OL pick and take Brooks sign Cook and we have 3-5 ball carrying options.

And at 24 you may be able to trade Down get another pick and take Trey Benson kid from FSU.

CD
Ferguson / Schoonmaker
Dowdle/ Benson / Cook /
Cooks
Tolbert
Dak

I say trade down, take an OL in the 2nd, AND Brooks 2nd AND Benson, late 2nd. Dynamic backfield, and a serious dual threat, with a low workload for each running back. Beat that!

I'd bet that there will be some surprising trades on or before draft day that will allow for multiple 2nd round picks.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
In a couple of weeks, we will know what the outcome of Dak will be. If we draft a QB Dak will be gone, if we don't we may as well draft an OL and hope we can get Brooks with our 2nd. This is the logical outcome which means none of this will happen....

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
jerry is getting an injured rb in the first. we will wait until next year to update the offensive line when the new QB starts.
Could get Brooks in the second, especially if we trade back in the first (still getting O-Line help).
Brooks won't be needed in 2024 as we play out Dak's contract on the soft reset).

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
jerry is getting an injured rb in the first. we will wait until next year to update the offensive line when the new QB starts.
They are looking at a LB late first early second (trade back) that has had 12 sugeries already, he did play the last 2 years..this sounds really familiar with how we plug LB holes....Kid from NC he is good no doubt but 12 surgeries already..the Cowboy way.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Drafting an RB is probably the worst possible position to select. A top vet RB costs $10M AAV, and A top vet LT costs $22M AAV. Which position do you want on a rookie contract?
LT for sure.
They can get a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
24 .

CD
Ferguson / Schoonmaker
Dowdle/ Benson / Cook /
Cooks
Tolbert
Dak

If Jerry takes a RB in the first I'll kick him in the.. ....knee caps!

rambo2

Reaction score
24 .

CD
Ferguson / Schoonmaker
Dowdle/ Benson / Cook /
Cooks
Tolbert
Dak

There will not be a running back taken in the top 50.