Roll the dice

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agree 100%....but it would be so classic Dallas Cowboys for them to take a RB at 24 anyway

Let's hope this new FO philosophy we are currently seeing doesn't do some dumb ish like that
Smh….certainly wouldn’t shock me. Get your linemen or whatever need you can at 1 and wait to get your running back but don’t wait too long.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I am willing to take a chance with Bass and Hoffman, if necessary, but not to draft a RB in the first round. I am coming around to thinking that the only value pick they will have at 24 is an offensive lineman, unless someone unexpected falls to them. I still think they need help most at DT. Or DE.

I worry that the OTs that fall to 24 will be right tackle projects, or just projects, but they have left themselves in a situation where they almost have to draft an OT. I am getting the feeling they will not move Tyler Smith out to LT unless the situation is dire.

One thing I am certain of, they cannot misfire on their first two picks. After an offseason of inactivity, they must find at least 2 starters in this draft, especially after last year's draft.
Ditto

XXLMike

Reaction score
Maybe my theory goes out the window now;

REPORT: Dallas Cowboys Emerge As “Sleeper” Team To Take A Quarterback Early In 2024 NFL Draft, According To Adam Schefter

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
no rb in this class have a first round grade. a lot of qb's going early and it's a deep oline draft. Dallas need oline a lot more than rb

XXLMike

Reaction score
I like what I see in our OL depth, let's massively reach for a RB.
NFL.com's Chad Reuter thinks so and has Texas Longhorns star Jonathon Brooks heading to The Star.

"Brooks' story (and game) reminds me of Todd Gurley, who suffered an ACL injury in November of his final season at Georgia and wound up a top-10 pick the following April," Reuter wrote. "Despite the injury, Gurley carried the ball 1,265 times and caught 218 passes in his first five pro seasons. Dallas could view Brooks as that sort of workhorse because of his combination of power and agility."

XXLMike

Reaction score
no rb in this class have a first round grade. a lot of qb's going early and it's a deep oline draft. Dallas need oline a lot more than rb
Reuter has us taking a guard in the second round. Brandon Coleman G TCU

And a Center in the 3rd round Zach Fraser, West Virginia.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL.com's Chad Reuter thinks so and has Texas Longhorns star Jonathon Brooks heading to The Star.

"Brooks' story (and game) reminds me of Todd Gurley, who suffered an ACL injury in November of his final season at Georgia and wound up a top-10 pick the following April," Reuter wrote. "Despite the injury, Gurley carried the ball 1,265 times and caught 218 passes in his first five pro seasons. Dallas could view Brooks as that sort of workhorse because of his combination of power and agility."
I'm sure you thought you were making a point.

exciter

Reaction score
On Hoffman and TJ Bass and take a RB @
24 .

I like what I’ve seen for both Bass & Hoffman - save the OL pick and take Brooks sign Cook and we have 3-5 ball carrying options.

Pivot round 2 and take a DT

And at 24 you may be able to trade Down get another pick and take Trey Benson kid from FSU.

CD
Ferguson / Schoonmaker
Dowdle/ Benson / Cook /
Cooks
Tolbert
Dak
Smith - Bass - Hoffman - Martin- Steele

Sprinkle in with others like Turpin and Brooks, etc.

That’s not a terrible lineup.
Is there a RB remotely close to being 1st round worthy, much less at 24? I don’t see one going until around 45-50. Center and Tackle are the biggest needs and should have multiple players available at 24 with an outside chance of 3 tech. I’d strongly consider reaching a bit for Jaylen Wright in the 2nd but not for one in the first!

exciter

Reaction score

Hmmm… Gurley was a top 10 talent before the injury. Brooks was a mid 2nd round talent before the injury and should be a 3rd afterwards!

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Maybe my theory goes out the window now;

REPORT: Dallas Cowboys Emerge As “Sleeper” Team To Take A Quarterback Early In 2024 NFL Draft, According To Adam Schefter
what is Dallas going to have to give up to move up and take a qb? 2 first rounders or even worse. I would be surprised if they do that. Totally not Jerry's way.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Agree 100%....but it would be so classic Dallas Cowboys for them to take a RB at 24 anyway

Let's hope this new FO philosophy we are currently seeing doesn't do some dumb ish like that
It would be mainly because Jerry needs to be the smartest man in the room and probably thinks hes stealing Brooks at 24.

Chasing6

Reaction score
On Hoffman and TJ Bass and take a RB @
24 .

I like what I’ve seen for both Bass & Hoffman - save the OL pick and take Brooks sign Cook and we have 3-5 ball carrying options.

Pivot round 2 and take a DT

And at 24 you may be able to trade Down get another pick and take Trey Benson kid from FSU.

CD
Ferguson / Schoonmaker
Dowdle/ Benson / Cook /
Cooks
Tolbert
Dak
Smith - Bass - Hoffman - Martin- Steele

Sprinkle in with others like Turpin and Brooks, etc.

That’s not a terrible lineup.
No way a RB goes in the first round.