Image: Romo All Time Leader - 100 Career Starts

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a team have such a large disparity in how great their QB is and the rest of the team is garbage for an extended period of time. None of those other QBs mentioned had that problem. IMO, we have disgustingly wasted Romo's 10 year window to win championships. Crap OL for 10 years. Crap DL, CBs and safety crap since Darren Woodson left. Having to deal with loser WRs like Roy Williams and "zero pain tolerance" Mile Austin. We've drafted one WR in 10 years worth a darn. Romo should take him $108MM and file suit against JJ! :(

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Tonys a no doubt HOF'er. He's only 33, Peyton will be 38 soon, had basically a broken neck and is completely dominating the league. Tony will play a minimum of 4 more years..hate to break that to some.

And Romo is a "young" 33, having not played any meaningful snaps until halfway through his fourth season. Romo's going to play out his current contract (age 39)- at least.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Where did I say Romo wasn't a good quarterback, I think he's a very good quarterback and I agree, he is certainly the best quarterback the Cowboys have had since Aikman, but I'll say it again, I think he's a flawed quarterback, see his record of win or go home games, and that he will never lead the Cowboys to a Superbowl and certainly isn't a Hall of Fame quarterback.....how many 33 plus quarterbacks in the history of the NFL have take their teams to the Superbowl.....Danny White has more playoff wins than Romo and lead the Cowboys to three consecutive NFC championship games and Danny is no Hall of Fame QB either..

Oh, nice, the "win or go home games". What about the "spotlight games'? Or, the "elimination games", or any other asinine category of game that you want to put Romo in?

Oh, just to educate you, Romo is only one guy on the team. smfh

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I have never seen a team have such a large disparity in how great their QB is and the rest of the team is garbage for an extended period of time. None of those other QBs mentioned had that problem. IMO, we have disgustingly wasted Romo's 10 year window to win championships. Crap OL for 10 years. Crap DL, CBs and safety crap since Darren Woodson left. Having to deal with loser WRs like Roy Williams and "zero pain tolerance" Mile Austin. We've drafted one WR in 10 years worth a darn. Romo should take him $108MM and file suit against JJ! :(

I don't know if everybody will know what I mean, but if we had the 2013 Tony Romo on the 2007 Cowboys, Dallas would have won the Super Bowl that year. Romo has gotten better while the team around him's talent has deteriorated. Romo is the only reason Dallas has been relevant since 2011.

Jakethesnake3

Reaction score
which one of those four quarterbacks has a grand total of one playoff win and hasn't played in a Superbowl???

Hahahaha, didn't take long. Were you all teary eyed as you typed this?. Give the guy a break man. People lose credibility when there's pie their face; not saying you, just in general. Unless the shoe fits ;-)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hahahaha, didn't take long. Were you all teary eyed as you typed this?. Give the guy a break man. People lose credibility when there's pie their face; not saying you, just in general. Unless the shoe fits ;-)

Oh, dude...both shoes fit him, that is for sure!

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Oh, nice, the "win or go home games". What about the "spotlight games'? Or, the "elimination games", or any other asinine category of game that you want to put Romo in?

Oh, just to educate you, Romo is only one guy on the team. smfh

Or the "games that really matter" meaning the games won to get to that point didnt really matter . . . . . . .

DFWJC

Reaction score
Nice.

And I had no idea Romo was ranked so high after 100 Games.

Unfortunately..if they also showed the W-L records of those Qbs..

..Romo would not be 1st.

Probably 5th or worst.

That's the only problem with stats like that..

Well, those are considered individual stats...like rushing yards, receiving yards, tackels, etc.
Won-loss records are obvioulsy team stats unless they are playing golf or tennis.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Did Romo kick your dog or something? Like it or not he's the best QB this team has had, at least since Troy and in many ways, ever.

You just don't get it. He doesn't kick anyone's dog. He nails fantasy blondes, wears his cap backwards and has a scratch golf game. All bad stuff.

ISUFan22

Reaction score
The game is changing. But even then - this is awesome. Just need the team to win more games.