Romo appreciation thread

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WARNING! This is not dak hate thread. This is NOT a "romo bestest EVER Hall Of Fame " thread.

Simply a time to pause, chill, look back on some cool romo plays. Even if you hated, were disappointed...surely there were times you loved it?

Let's try to keep it positive, not competitive?
(EDIT: didn't mean to start anything...just came up on yahoo feed...sorry if I offended anyone)

Here's a cool clip of a great game:

Reaction score
WARNING! This is not dak hate thread. This is NOT a "romo bestest EVER Hall Of Fame " thread.

Simply a time to pause, chill, look back on some cool romo plays. Even if you hated, were disappointed...surely there were times you loved it?

Let's try to keep it positive, not competitive?
(EDIT: didn't mean to start anything...just came up on yahoo feed...sorry if I offended anyone)

Here's a cool clip of a great game:

Nice to see well deserved, positive Romo threads... loved his feel for the game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I really liked Romo...then again, I like all players when they wear the Star.

Same here, and I still think that Romo was one of the best QBs in the league when he played. Unfortunately, between Garrett coaching, Jerry not understanding the importance of an oline until it was virtually too late,a defence that was crap in 2013, and an unfortunate situation in Green Bay in 2014, we never really got to see him in the SB. I, for one, think we would've had we beaten Green Bay. We had beaten Seattle earlier that year (one of only two teams that year to actually be able to handle the Legion of Boom in their stadium). I think we probably beat them again.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Romo would've benefited greatly if Big Tuna had
stayed one more year. Eventually, he figured it all out at the position, but by then his body failed him.

There's an SI article from when he played where
he's discussing the intricacies of the QB position
that is a great read for any young player or coach.

In the early years, he drove me nuts and also made me jump for joy. "Romo Makes Me Drink" was a real life analogy. Not just a tee shirt.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
If T.O. didn't get that high ankle sprain against Carolina in 07. I think the Cowboys beat The Giants and the Green Bay. Who knows about beating the Patriots that year. In 14 Romo was lights out even with the back issues. In 16. It's no telling how good Romo would have been with prime Zeke and that team. Can't tell me Dak was better than Romo at that time.
Romo did elevate some soso teams. Never having a good o-line til 14. Never really ever having a top notch defense either. I feel with a bit better team around him and Romo gets a couple of rings and goes into the Hall of Fame.

One more thing I like about Romo. He was undrafted from Eastern Illinois. And willed his way to be the starter of America's team. Genuinely developed and took Bledsoe's job because he was just better. Busted his *** and just got better and better through time. Was a magician when the pocket broke down. Never had great speed but could scramble with the best when things broke down.

Last edited:

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
An underrated, unfairly disrespected player that gave his team a chance to win every game and had the ability to make things happen while running for his life behind trash o-lines for most of his career. A special QB talent wasted by the morons in charge.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With Romo, I never went(watched) into a game with the outlook of a disadvantage at QB. Sure, he came up short in some games with questionable throws but all gunslingers do that. He was plenty good enough to win a ring with, just never came to fruition :thumbdown:

ArtClink

Reaction score
The most overrated player in Dallas sports history and he’s not worthy of the ROH much less HOF.