Romo: "As a Cowboy Fan, I am Livid"

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I’m responding to the poster saying that Romo “sounds like he is still butt hurt”

If you have ever played the game, yeah you still hold onto those feelings especially if you are a competitor. I have no idea if he feels that way. I know that I would feel that way for sure if I were him.

He praises Dak constantly. He has said multiple times he thinks Dak is a good guy and holds no ill-will and understands it's a business. He's no longer a competitor in the NFL, he has no reason to dislike Dak. He's not his competition.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Could be the worst post of the day.

Romo took 4-12 teams and made them 8-8 and he took good teams to playoffs and a very good team to a Divisional game of which he was robbed.

He was saddled with inept ownership. poor offensive lines, bad defenses for a lot of his career. If you don’t believe me ask Jerry what his biggest regret as owner is.

He set almost every QB record the team has, he still is the 11th highest rated QB in history and has the best INT % of any Dallas QB. He still holds the all time record for consecutive road games throwing a TD and he should’ve been the MVP in 2016.

Oh…and he was an undrafted free agent.
Then when he wasn’t under center he went on to sign the largest sports announcing contract in television history.

Sitting on your couch and saying Tony Romo underachieved is laughable at worst and embarrassing at best.

Don't take Cmac seriously. He's a dude that any time you criticize a player he likes, he will pull up any white player as a counter and say we are biased. You should have read his tirades about Sean Lee when people criticized Jaylon Smith.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Don't take Cmac seriously. He's a dude that any time you criticize a player he likes, he will pull up any white player as a counter and say we are biased. You should have read his tirades about Sean Lee when people criticized Jaylon Smith.
Yeah, I’m barely around on this site but I always see him & couple of other dudes go ape s*** everytime someone criticizes their favorite player. Dude is a wacko. lol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
to be honest , I think tony was the overall better qb and passer, but both him and dak were hampered by bad coaches and jerry .
remember the roy williams trade ??:laugh:

Wade, JG, then JG Marinelli, now KM and MM, they are all crap coaches. But they played the role of puppet coaches good.
Dak could have won this game today with better coaches.

but with jerry, he will never hire good coaches, because the good ones wont be puppets.

So even if MM was fired, and Km left , jerry would just hire some more puppet types.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
Could be the worst post of the day.

Romo took 4-12 teams and made them 8-8 and he took good teams to playoffs and a very good team to a Divisional game of which he was robbed.

He was saddled with inept ownership. poor offensive lines, bad defenses for a lot of his career. If you don’t believe me ask Jerry what his biggest regret as owner is.

He set almost every QB record the team has, he still is the 11th highest rated QB in history and has the best INT % of any Dallas QB. He still holds the all time record for consecutive road games throwing a TD and he should’ve been the MVP in 2016.

Oh…and he was an undrafted free agent.

Then when he wasn’t under center he went on to sign the largest sports announcing contract in television history.

Sitting on your couch and saying Tony Romo underachieved is laughable at worst and embarrassing at best.

Good post. He really under achieved didn’t he ;).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The bottomline is Dak isn’t enough to overcome poor OL protection, no running game and undisciplined drive killing penalties.

The same recipe to stop us still exist. Stop our running game. We were 11-0 this year when we gained 100 yards or more on the ground.

We were 6-0 against our division and 6-6 against the rest. Our offense struggles when you stuff our running game and cause havoc at LOS which happens more often against top 10 defenses.

Leading the league in penalties is a lack of discipline and drive killers.

Dak helps keep us in contention when all of this breaks down . But not enough to always overcome .

ESisback

Reaction score
And as always you are more concerned with other people’s opinions. Do you ever just share your own feelings and/or opinions about football?

Romo expressed some frustration, but he didn’t say things as bitter sounding as some here do. And it IS a football team we’re talking about here, right? THAT’S my opinion—the feelings I shared.

It’s kinda like complaining about how someone complains about complainers.

But yeah, I’d get a new OC and ditch Phillbin, then acquire talent in the trenches, plus LB and S. Ok with you?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Wow, lots of Tony bashers out. ....... If he couldn't win, Dak has no chance. Romo was a smarter QB with a better arm.

Romo was smarter but didn't have a better arm. He had a quicker release and was more accurate than Dak for sure. Romo made every receiver look better than they were.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d show Connor Williams the door. And we have to address Elliott. He’s totally ineffective anymore and costing us 15 million.

Romo was right when he said we needed to use Pollard more.

Our offense was built around running the football. It sets up everything else. We must fix that .

And our run defense still sucks. Draft a DT and or a Safety.