Romo as O/C?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He also has young children and a part time job. Coaching in the NFL means long hours during the season, plus OTAs, camps, etc..
Yes; those are reaons why he wouldn’t want to come back.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
:laugh:

You oafs want a fairhaired player/ broadcaster to just step in?
Romo tossed a ball, didnt devise schemes and game plans.
Lmao you definitely have never played a down of football in your life. If you think NFL quarterbacks just go out and toss balls, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Most players study the game in and out. Players themselves can devise schemes & game plans if they wanted to. But they get paid to play, and coaches get paid to coach.

Another thing, players CAN coach, but coaches cant play. Most coaches were borderline towel boys in high school that road the bench. Lmao

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
please god no. clowns on here will be asking him to replace the QB in the middle of games at the age of 50.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I think Tony is quite happy. Doing TV with Nantz, making bank w Corona and Skechers commercials, playing golf whenever he wants, and enjoying his lovely wife and kids.

He ain't leaving that to work with Clappy the Clown
there is no way tony comes back to coach as long as Jason garrett is the head coach

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
there is no way tony comes back to coach as long as Jason garrett is the head coach
Or as long as Jerry Jones remains the owner in my opinion. There might be an outside chance of him returning in any imaginable capacity to the franchise, as either a coach or front office official, after Stephen Jones takes over but I think the odds are only a tad better in that case too.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
as long as garrett is here there is no way he comes back at all I don't think he will at all if he ever goes to coaching he will go to another team so he can beat the cowboys

Reaction score
No doubt having an OC that understands as well as Romo does would be a plus, but the problem is that we need a QB under center that understands as well as Romo does. Real time adjustments are his specialty.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Lmao you definitely have never played a down of football in your life. If you think NFL quarterbacks just go out and toss balls, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Most players study the game in and out. Players themselves can devise schemes & game plans if they wanted to. But they get paid to play, and coaches get paid to coach.

Another thing, players CAN coach, but coaches cant play. Most coaches were borderline towel boys in high school that road the bench. Lmao

So ... you were a towel boy?
All right. Give me your address. I will send the participant ribbon.

You. You exemplify arrogance.
You sniff, in your arrogant way, and say some of us have never sucked water from a wet towel in the hot hell of an August noon in Carrollton at football practice hell.
Before you mouth off, you harbor attendant, know to whom you are speaking to, lout.

Allow me me opinion!

You are welcome to yours, arrogant mean girl!
:angry:

lqmac1

Reaction score
I think Linehan is as good as gone. Many do not think that Romo can be lured away from the booth. I do not believe that for a second.

It really makes sense. Romo is super competitive. While he has a guaranteed gig as a sportscaster, and it may make financial sense, Romo has enough money that he can do what he WANTS to do. I think he wants to compete.

Jerry could pay Romo enough money that he would leave the booth and be the OC. He could also be the heir apparent head coach waiting in the wings. If Garrett falters, Garrett could be promoted to the front office of the Cowboys and Romo could be elevated to HC at that point.

Say what you want about Garrett, he may not be great at situational football, but he's methodical and that has value. Romo could gain Garrett's expertise in methodology and add the game situation management that Garrett lacks and be ready to take over for Garrett.

Romo is like a son to Jerry and that can't be under appreciated. That street runs both ways. Romo has love for Jerry and this organization. Romo could also either get Dak on board next year or choose a guy who can get the job done.

I know some of you will say this could never happen because of Romos current tv gig. But we will just have to agree to disagree on that point. Jerry gets what Jerry wants.

Also look for General Lee to be a coach if he wants to be. He has the mindset to eventually be a great D.C.
So Dak Romo’d Romo and Romo will Garrett Garrett?

JustChip

Reaction score
Can’t understand all the Romo coaching love.

I get the fantasy of it. But what most don't think about is the OC can only call a play that he thinks will work against the defense he thinks the opponent will run. The problem is it's up to the QB to read the defense and change the play call isn't right for the defense. The OC can't tell the QB what to do there and that's where Romo excelled in his later years.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
So ... you were a towel boy?
All right. Give me your address. I will send the participant ribbon.

You. You exemplify arrogance.
You sniff, in your arrogant way, and say some of us have never sucked water from a wet towel in the hot hell of an August noon in Carrollton at football practice hell.
Before you mouth off, you harbor attendant, know to whom you are speaking to, lout.

Allow me me opinion!

You are welcome to yours, arrogant mean girl!
:angry:
Lmao looks like I struck a nerve :laugh:

movaughn88

Reaction score
There are dumb ideas, and then there’s this thread. You guys are the best tho, merry Christmas.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think Linehan is as good as gone. Many do not think that Romo can be lured away from the booth. I do not believe that for a second.

It really makes sense. Romo is super competitive. While he has a guaranteed gig as a sportscaster, and it may make financial sense, Romo has enough money that he can do what he WANTS to do. I think he wants to compete.

Jerry could pay Romo enough money that he would leave the booth and be the OC. He could also be the heir apparent head coach waiting in the wings. If Garrett falters, Garrett could be promoted to the front office of the Cowboys and Romo could be elevated to HC at that point.

Say what you want about Garrett, he may not be great at situational football, but he's methodical and that has value. Romo could gain Garrett's expertise in methodology and add the game situation management that Garrett lacks and be ready to take over for Garrett.

Romo is like a son to Jerry and that can't be under appreciated. That street runs both ways. Romo has love for Jerry and this organization. Romo could also either get Dak on board next year or choose a guy who can get the job done.

I know some of you will say this could never happen because of Romos current tv gig. But we will just have to agree to disagree on that point. Jerry gets what Jerry wants.

Also look for General Lee to be a coach if he wants to be. He has the mindset to eventually be a great D.C.

Head coach in waiting "if Garrett falters"...…………Garrett has been here dam near a decade and has won absolutely jack.

I think we are well beyond the "if Garrett falters" point, seriously.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It sounds far-fetched for now but Romo has expressed a wish to someday get back on a sideline to coach. I'll give it a few more season's but the game is calling him.