Twitter: Romo comments on losing his starting job to Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you want to compare the 2 in their 1st 4 seasons and your conclusion was Romo was the better QB I would respect your opinion.

But comparing an entire career, cut and pasting things is hard to buy in to.
Hard to even compare the two when Romo wasn't even starting until he was 26 which is Dak's age right now lol. Dak's ahead of the curve.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Yep, not even allowing him to compete. If this FO owned the Saints, Teddy B. would be the QB this season and Drew would either be somewhere else or retired.
Has Romo ever had 4 winning seasons? Dak already has the same amount of playoff wins as Romo while still playing on his rookie deal. I love Romo, but Dak deserved the spot.

Dak also wasn’t previously a starter who was avg at best for another NFL team. TB wanted to be a starter and had no choice but to be a backup.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you talking about? You guys have got to stop jumping into discussions that don’t pertain to you. Who was I saying Dak was better than? Damn......

Oh playing coy now. I followed your conversation. You didn't like Romo highlights. the guy asked you what Dak highlights you liked...and you posted Cooper's highlights.

I pointed it out and you got mad, telling people to mind their own business. LOL>

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to even compare the two when Romo wasn't even starting until he was 26 which is Dak's age right now lol. Dak's ahead of the curve.

By what effort of his? I know...you're gonna point out 2019 stats. But point out which games Dak won though his own efforts and heroics. Not saying there aren't any...I just want your perspective.

Which games did Dak the best QB in the league according to the pay scale....WIN.....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has Romo ever had 4 winning seasons? Dak already has the same amount of playoff wins as Romo while still playing on his rookie deal. I love Romo, but Dak deserved the spot.

Dak also wasn’t previously a starter who was avg at best for another NFL team. TB wanted to be a starter and had no choice but to be a backup.

When Dak loses it's because of the team. When Dallas lost it was because of Romo. I got it.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Dak Prescott and Tony romo are on top of a mountain overlooking the land when they both notice a group of cheerleaders. Dak Prescott says to romo he says “hey Tony, let’s say we run down there and kiss one of those cheerleaders?”

Tony romo says to dak Prescott “ no kid, let’s walk down there and kiss them all”

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh playing coy now. I followed your conversation. You didn't like Romo highlights. the guy asked you what Dak highlights you liked...and you posted Cooper's highlights.

I pointed it out and you got mad, telling people to mind their own business. LOL>
I’m not mad it’s just annoying when you are engaging in a debate with someone and someone jumps into it who has no idea what’s going on. No one said they didn’t like Romo’s highlights....see what I mean? You don’t know what you’re talking about.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
By what effort of his? I know...you're gonna point out 2019 stats. But point out which games Dak won though his own efforts and heroics. Not saying there aren't any...I just want your perspective.

Which games did Dak the best QB in the league according to the pay scale....WIN.....
The same amount Romo won.

timb2

Reaction score
Dak wasn't supposed to be this good from the fourth round Romo would still be doing the starting job with Witten throwing until they're 50 years old Which is ridiculous Jerry's nephew and Tony's buddies were keeping the team down The players played hard and they'll tell you by their work effort who should be the starting QB

Tussinman

Reaction score
Dallas was ranked 16th in passing offense in 2014.
Dallas was ranked 2nd in rushing offense.
Boom what ? I've yet to see 5 QBs better than Romo in 2014 ("Romo was never a top 5 qb" remember ?). Where's the list ? (still waiting :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Funny that now your spinning the narrative as he was carried by an elite running attack yet by your own admission "Murray wasn't a top 5 RB that year" :facepalm:

dallasdave

Reaction score
Not sure Dak critics will ever accept it but he makes pretty clear it was the right decision. To me, it simply BAD LUCK for him but amazing things turn out. He now has a lifetime job, better than football and more money. Maybe he should send Dak a thank you card ....(LOL).

Romo is sitting in the Cat Bird Seat :lmao:

dallasdave

Reaction score
I find it hard to understand that he was being selfish. He was the starting QB. Typically, you don't lose your job to injury, but as a team, they were winning. No one knows what would have happened if Romo was allowed to compete or even get on the field. To me, they should have opened up competition because it is always healthy. At the end of the day, the 2016 season went down into flames losing to GB. It would have been really interesting to see Romo on the field with Zeke in the backfield......
Yeah would have been a heck of a one-two punch

Johnny23

Reaction score
Lol. Why don’t you destroy Wentz AC joint? Then see. Oh that’s right. He wouldn’t play.
Dak played like garbage that game. He gets no love from me playing hurt and laying an egg in that game. You play hurt you ball out like Emmitt or you don't get the benefit of the doubt. The fact we have fans actually making lame excuses to this teams inability to overcome odds against them and win is embarrassing. I just roll my eyes at the but he hurt his shoulder crap.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Boom what ? I've yet to see 5 QBs better than Romo in 2014 ("Romo was never a top 5 qb" remember ?). Where's the list ? (still waiting :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Funny that now your spinning the narrative as he was carried by an elite running attack yet by your own admission "Murray wasn't a top 5 RB that year" :facepalm:
Funny, actually more like pathetic that you're clinging to 2014, one season and Romo's 12th season. Out of all of his years he actually played the whole season that was the least number of completions.
Now, I don't believe one player carries a team, so you can stop with that nonsense. But the run game CLEARLY was more productive than the passing game.
Cherry pick some more to hoist up your hero.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak played like garbage that game. He gets no love from me playing hurt and laying an egg in that game. You play hurt you ball out like Emmitt or you don't get the benefit of the doubt. The fact we have fans actually making lame excuses to this teams inability to overcome odds against them and win is embarrassing. I just roll my eyes at the but he hurt his shoulder crap.
He did have a hurt shoulder and I’m sure he would have sat if he had any faith in his coach or backup to go out and win. But considering Garett only won 1 game with quarterbacks not named romo and Dak. I can’t blame him for not leaving the season in anyone else’s hands. P.s the whole team played like garbage that game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He got carried by a top 6 running back for sure. And a top 1 offensive line.