News: Romo doesn't want to look ahead right now, much less to Sunday:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
September 04, 2013
'We're not even thinking about stepping on the field yet'
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-were-not-even-thinking-about-stepping-o.html
The start of the season is here, and as tempting as it is to think of what the Cowboys can accomplish with a new play-caller and new offense and defense, Tony Romo does not want to think ahead.
“I think you try to avoid big-picture stuff right now,” he said Wednesday, talking to reporters at Valley Ranch. “You just look at the New York Giants, and then you just tighten it up from there and just look at Wednesday.”
He said each day has its own significance during the week. Sunday will be Sunday when it gets here.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-thinking-about-stepping-o.html#storylink=cpy

Questfor6

Reaction score
This was the problem last year when we went to Seattle, they thought they were the top of the heap after week one only to be knocked back down after that embarrassment week 2.

Nav22

Reaction score
This was the problem last year when we went to Seattle, they thought they were the top of the heap after week one only to be knocked back down after that embarrassment week 2.
Seattle was better than we were.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

I can't get into the heads of the players but I've wondered if they might have not taken them seriously enough. If so I doubt it was very much. I think Seattle was just better that day.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't get into the heads of the players but I've wondered if they might have not taken them seriously enough. If so I doubt it was very much. I think Seattle was just better that day.

SEA was just better, all around, last year. That defense is pretty impressive.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gall rushed up from my stomach when I started to type that so I took the hint and hedged. :)

That SEA team really impressed me that day. Especially their secondary. *I* had taken them lightly. I had no idea they were as big and as strong back there as they turned out to be.

perrykemp

Reaction score
That SEA team really impressed me that day. Especially their secondary. *I* had taken them lightly. I had no idea they were as big and as strong back there as they turned out to be.

The Seahawks defense acted like bullies and they were able to back it up.

I love defenses like that. Hopefully that can be the Cowboys this year.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

Yeah, they got my attention. Esp the physicality. They're fast, tackle well, and just play well. I like their DL a lot.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The Seahawks defense acted like bullies and they were able to back it up.

I love defenses like that. Hopefully that can be the Cowboys this year.

They're doing what we want to do. Tackle well and fly to the ball.

blackbull

Reaction score
I don't think Seattle was better, I think they played with a sense of purpose moreso than Dallas. You could tell from the jump they were ready for a fight. Dallas was thinking (but we just had a fight with NY, can't we relax today). Hopefully now they know that nobody is laying down in today's NFL. They were way too happy after that Giants win.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Seattle was better, I think they played with a sense of purpose moreso than Dallas. You could tell from the jump they were ready for a fight. Dallas was thinking (but we just had a fight with NY, can't we relax today). Hopefully now they know that nobody is laying down in today's NFL. They were way too happy after that Giants win.

Watch some Seattle games this year. Their defense is SCARY. They are a very good old school football team. IMO, they are the best team in the NFC.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
SEA was just better, all around, last year. That defense is pretty impressive.

Maybe, but I think what changed the whole complexity of the game was when Witten got forced out at the one instead of forcing his way into the endzone at the early part of the game. I think that just changed the whole game. If he goes hard and gets in the endzone, and we get that touchdown, its a whole different game.

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
I just want to forget about that Seattle game all together...you know how you block out tragic events in your life? Ya...did that with that game till you guys brought it back to light.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score

Too much of this going on in Dallas over the past decade or so.

Not sure why, but you could just predict a letdown anytime after we won a couple in a row, or beat someone good.