Romo has thrown 3 TDs in every home game this year

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
What I want to know is; if Witten catches 10 for 146yrds, 4 TD in a blow out win and somebody on the sideline is unhappy, how many whiny fair-weather fans will cry all week and focus on the negative?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Batman;2487460 said:
I think we can more realistically rely on him to throw 3 interceptions instead.

And I think you've just done a nice job of showing everyone you're a moron.

Boyzmamacita;2487495 said:
Ummmmm....no. Realistically, he's more likely to throw 3 TDs than 3 interceptions, especially at home this season. That's the whole point of this thread.

Don't bother. You can't help people who actually want to be stupid and only a person who wants to be stupid would make a statement like he did.

Rampage;2487879 said:
3 tds to Witten:D

Ramp I'd laugh my butt off if that happens.

AbeBeta;2488093 said:
He threw 3 against Az on the road. How'd that turn out?

Better than if he'd thrown 1 or 2.

l2obert;2488117 said:
What I want to know is; if Witten catches 10 for 146yrds, 4 TD in a blow out win and somebody on the sideline is unhappy, how many whiny fair-weather fans will cry all week and focus on the negative?

Everyone of them that show up after every game regardless. They're is no pleasing some people. They want perfection because they're actually ignorant enough to believe there is such a thing.

Batman

Reaction score
I am glad I am getting all kinds of fan mail here. Hey, I would love nothing more than Romo to prove me and other doubters in here wrong. I would love nothing more than for the next game Romo and the Cowboys lose will be in the 2009 season, not this season. I would love to eat some crow on this. But, sorry if I have zero faith in Tony in a big game. Sorry if I have zero faith in him for a playoff game. He chokes.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Batman;2488183 said:
I am glad I am getting all kinds of fan mail here. Hey, I would love nothing more than Romo to prove me and other doubters in here wrong. I would love nothing more than for the next game Romo and the Cowboys lose will be in the 2009 season, not this season. I would love to eat some crow on this. But, sorry if I have zero faith in Tony in a big game. Sorry if I have zero faith in him for a playoff game. He chokes.

We get it. And we're sorry that you call yourself a Cowboys fan.

Batman

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2488189 said:
We get it. And we're sorry that you call yourself a Cowboys fan.

Yes, you are sorry alright, I will leave it at that.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Batman;2488199 said:
Yes, you are sorry alright, I will leave it at that.

*nods* Sounds good. It's best you leave it at that cause people like you, who are fans when it's convient, won't get anywhere with me anyway.

Batman

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2488206 said:
*nods* Sounds good. It's best you leave it at that cause people like you, who are fans when it's convient, won't get anywhere with me anyway.

I already have gotten somewhere with you, you keep responding to me. I never even directed a comment at you, yet you chimed in. So yes, I have gotten somewhere with you whether you like it or not.

You may call yourself a real Cowboy fan, as long as you think so, that is all good. But, as for me, I am just tired of Romo getting passes when it is looking like he is part of the problem. Completely missing wide open WRs in big games and choking. Obviously you are happy with this, sorry if I expect more for the Cowboys and wanting better for them.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Batman;2488219 said:
I already have gotten somewhere with you, you keep responding to me. I never even directed a comment at you, yet you chimed in. So yes, I have gotten somewhere with you whether you like it or not.

You may call yourself a real Cowboy fan, as long as you think so, that is all good. But, as for me, I am just tired of Romo getting passes when it is looking like he is part of the problem. Completely missing wide open WRs in big games and choking. Obviously you are happy with this, sorry if I expect more for the Cowboys and wanting better for them.

You're getting responses cause this is a message board and fun. When I log off you will be forgotten, as I'm sure I'll be forgotten by you.

And I imagine you hated Troy until he won a Superbowl then too. Or maybe you hated him each week after he'd had a bad game.

Again, as Ive said a million times on these forums as of late there are too many people who cry about a QB having a bad game, even in a big game, like it never happens to all the other QBs out there. It's part of football. People who whine about this sort of stuff seem to be looking for perfection and they're destined to never be satisifed cause they're is no such thing.

Even Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have made mistakes, and blown it, in big games.

Don't know how long you've been a Cowboys fan but if you've been one for years, like a bunch of people on this forum, did you hate Roger and think they needed more than him before he won his first Superbowl?

Batman

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2488227 said:
You're getting responses cause this is a message board and fun. When I log off you will be forgotten, as I'm sure I'll be forgotten by you.

And I imagine you hated Troy until he won a Superbowl then too. Or maybe you hated him each week after he'd had a bad game.

Again, as Ive said a million times on these forums as of late there are too many people who cry about a QB having a bad game, even in a big game, like it never happens to all the other QBs out there. It's part of football. People who whine about this sort of stuff seem to be looking for perfection and they're destined to never be satisifed cause they're is no such thing.

Even Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have made mistakes, and blown it, in big games.

Don't know how long you've been a Cowboys fan but if you've been one for years, like a bunch of people on this forum, did you hate Roger and think they needed more than him before he won his first Superbowl?

I will be glad to respond to all these,

Troy Aikman, kind of hard for me to disapprove of him or love him, all I know is he is a Cowboy legend and won big games. He won his first Super Bowl before I was even in Kindergarten, so you will have to forgive me for not being able to get caught up in the passion of those times.

Let's get away from the word hate, I just do not believe in Romo, if you call that hate, well what can I say? It's a free country.

Brady, Manning, Favre, and all the great QBs have blown it in big games, the difference is, unlike Romo they have actually won big games. There is a real difference. Romo is great in meaningless games or against inferior opponents to average opponents, but he is clearly no Brady or some of the other QBs playing right now who can carry the team to a win against a great opponent in a huge game like those QBs can.

Until Romo wins some big games, I just don't have faith in him. He is a great fantasy QB for the regular season, but he is the last QB you want taking snaps when it comes to a big game in the playoffs.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Batman;2488252 said:
I will be glad to respond to all these,

Troy Aikman, kind of hard for me to disapprove of him or love him, all I know is he is a Cowboy legend and won big games. He won his first Super Bowl before I was even in Kindergarten, so you will have to forgive me for not being able to get caught up in the passion of those times.

Let's get away from the word hate, I just do not believe in Romo, if you call that hate, well what can I say? It's a free country.

Brady, Manning, Favre, and all the great QBs have blown it in big games, the difference is, unlike Romo they have actually won big games. There is a real difference. Romo is great in meaningless games or against inferior opponents to average opponents, but he is clearly no Brady or some of the other QBs playing right now who can carry the team to a win against a great opponent in a huge game like those QBs can.

Until Romo wins some big games, I just don't have faith in him. He is a great fantasy QB for the regular season, but he is the last QB you want taking snaps when it comes to a big game in the playoffs.

Ahhh then your age now shows why. :)

The only difference in Manning and Brett and Romo right now is that they had more chances to win big games.

Manning and Brett didn't exactly light it up, or win, those big games at first either. In fact Brett, great as he was, used to get his butt kicked out of the playoffs by Dallas on a annual basis.

Manning I believe was like 0-3, maybe 0-4, before he won his first playoff game.

Little brother Eli was 0-2 until he did it last year.

The point being that if all those teams had suddenly decided "Well these guys can't win in the big games. Time to look elsewhere." they'd have gotten rid of them prematurely.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think a QB deserves more than 2 playoff starts before I can accurately decide rather the guy is never going to win in a big game or not. Plus it's not like he played horribly last year against the Giants. A few other guys not choking (Crayton comes to mind) and people would be looking at him differently.

Ahhh well. I guess it is what it is. When the guy finally gets his first playoff win, or wins his first Superbowl, there will be something else that he doesn't do well enough for someone, not necassarily yourself, to complain about, I'm sure.

Batman

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2488281 said:
Ahhh well. I guess it is what it is. When the guy finally gets his first playoff win, or wins his first Superbowl, there will be something else that he doesn't do well enough for someone, not necassarily yourself, to complain about, I'm sure.

I am not asking for #6 this season, but I will be the first to say, if Romo can win a playoff game, I would have a lot more confidence in him. I am not joking, I will get my Christmas present if Romo can prove me wrong. Just wanna let you know that I would love nothing more than for that Steeler game to the game that finally puts Romo over the top and he leads us to #6 this year. I would gladly put up with your constant posts reminding me that you had faith in Romo before I did. Just thought I would let you know how I feel, but until that happens, I just do not believe in him. I guess I should be clear, he wins a playoff game and I have a much more positive attitude. I am not asking for #6, just a ONE playoff win this year. After that, any wins beyond that is just a bonus.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Batman;2488296 said:
I am not asking for #6 this season, but I will be the first to say, if Romo can win a playoff game, I would have a lot more confidence in him. I am not joking, I will get my Christmas present if Romo can prove me wrong. Just wanna let you know that I would love nothing more than for that Steeler game to the game that finally puts Romo over the top and he leads us to #6 this year. I would gladly put up with your constant posts reminding me that you had faith in Romo before I did. Just thought I would let you know how I feel, but until that happens, I just do not believe in him. I guess I should be clear, he wins a playoff game and I have a much more positive attitude. I am not asking for #6, just a ONE playoff win this year. After that, any wins beyond that is just a bonus.

*Nods* It's all good man. I hear ya.

Oh, and btw, if he wins us #6 this year I'll gladly taunt you with that just for a funny reminder of this convo, this discussion. :)

Batman

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2488313 said:
*Nods* It's all good man. I hear ya.

Oh, and btw, if he wins us #6 this year I'll gladly taunt you with that just for a funny reminder of this convo this discussion. :)

I'd give anything for you to be able to taunt me on this matter. I mean that in every possible way.